[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Deron Williams
Author Thread
lxndiaz
Posts: 20005
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/10/2015
Member: #6111

7/17/2015  3:09 AM
Hey everyone! First post ever so go easy on me, lol.

Just want to hear everyone's reasoning or thought process on what exactly happened to Deron Williams. He used to be considered one of the best PGs in the league, and after years of just not contributing at the expected level in Brooklyn/NJ, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The Nets did everything for this guy and he has been awful. Do you see a bounce back year with Dallas?

"The one thing that always bothered me when I played in the NBA was I really got irritated when they put a white guy on me." - Larry Bird
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
7/17/2015  11:39 AM
Because he's soft and doughy ever since College:

People in sports that don't work out usually end up hurt and injured all the time and start sucking.

There endeth the lesson.

martin
Posts: 46163
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
7/20/2015  10:32 AM
Newbie thread, moving this from NBA forum so it gets some eyeballs
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
joec32033
Posts: 29540
Alba Posts: 37
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #583
USA
7/20/2015  10:50 AM
I used to love Deron. Problem was he was stubborn. Jerry Sloan was the perfect coach for him and perfected the perfect system for him as a player. Once he got Sloan to retire and the spotlight was on him he couldn't handle it.
~You can't run from who you are.~
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23548
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

7/20/2015  10:56 AM
Deron Williams is classic example of ego over reality mindset.
He had everything going for him and he has nothing but his own ego and stupidity to blame for how it all turned out.
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
nyk4ever
Posts: 40881
Alba Posts: 12
Joined: 1/12/2005
Member: #848
USA
7/20/2015  10:57 AM
who cares?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
JesseDark
Posts: 21661
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/9/2003
Member: #467
7/20/2015  11:00 AM
martin wrote:Newbie thread, moving this from NBA forum so it gets some eyeballs

I assume you informed him of the pricing structure to get post responded to.

Bring back dee-fense
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
7/20/2015  11:04 AM
Deron = Marbury 2.0

Coach killer, team cancer, and underachiever of the highest order.

mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

7/20/2015  11:27 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:Deron = Marbury 2.0

Coach killer, team cancer, and underachiever of the highest order.

LOL

when you extremists flip, boy do you flip!

Carmelo is the best ever
Carmelo is the worst ever

so here is what phil is thinking ....
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
7/20/2015  11:31 AM
mreinman wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Deron = Marbury 2.0

Coach killer, team cancer, and underachiever of the highest order.

LOL

when you extremists flip, boy do you flip!

Carmelo is the best ever
Carmelo is the worst ever

Hey man, why you bring Melo into this! This is a Deron Bash thread, not a Melo bash thread!

Leave him alone!

mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

7/20/2015  11:35 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Deron = Marbury 2.0

Coach killer, team cancer, and underachiever of the highest order.

LOL

when you extremists flip, boy do you flip!

Carmelo is the best ever
Carmelo is the worst ever

Hey man, why you bring Melo into this! This is a Deron Bash thread, not a Melo bash thread!

Leave him alone!

Sorry, I thought you were taling about Melo not Deron.

My bad

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Nalod
Posts: 53948
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
7/20/2015  1:44 PM
I applaud the Nets for moving on as they did! They moved under the triple tax thing and Dallas got a small liability if it don't work out.
Thought getting him instead of Melo was the better trade but time has shown us otherwise. Lower the expectations and he is a good player, not the star max player he is getting paid. Nets saved 16mil off his buy out and stretch the rest out. Nets need to just tread water until they get some draft picks their way. Joe comes off the books next year. They will have cap room. My hope is Both Knicks and Nets play significant games! Rivalries are great!!!!
Anger sells, don't buy!
smackeddog
Posts: 32439
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
7/20/2015  2:54 PM
His ego became overly inflated- Irving suffered from the same problem before Lebron arrived (hopefully he'll get him back on track), and Lillard showed signs of it last season. Work ethic declined, became disgruntled.
BigDaddyG
Posts: 24900
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

7/20/2015  6:41 PM
Jerry Sloan is great coach who managed to get the best out of his players: Carlos Arroyo, Matt Harpring, Carlos Boozer, Howard...the list goes on. Hell, he even got double digit scoring out of Corey Brewer. I think leaving Sloan's system played a part in aDeron's decline.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Posts: 53948
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
7/21/2015  10:25 AM
I don't know what happend in Utah other than the rumors we have all read.
I do know Deron has had a new coach in Brooklyn every year he has been there. Hollins was tough on him and he seemed to be getting some mojo back as his health improved last year.
Im suprised Nets bailed on him but also applaud them for reaching crossroads and moving foward. Not many teams would do that.
Anger sells, don't buy!
newyorknewyork
Posts: 26906
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
7/21/2015  10:47 AM
Nalod wrote:I applaud the Nets for moving on as they did! They moved under the triple tax thing and Dallas got a small liability if it don't work out.
Thought getting him instead of Melo was the better trade but time has shown us otherwise. Lower the expectations and he is a good player, not the star max player he is getting paid. Nets saved 16mil off his buy out and stretch the rest out. Nets need to just tread water until they get some draft picks their way. Joe comes off the books next year. They will have cap room. My hope is Both Knicks and Nets play significant games! Rivalries are great!!!!

I like there draft of Hollis Jefferson and McCullough. They have good defensive potential under Hollins and athletism. If they pan out they have a pretty good frontcourt rotation with Young and Lopez.

Cartman718
Posts: 24428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

7/21/2015  10:50 AM
what happened to him... cp3 happened. at one point several espn analysts were asking who they'd draft for PG between the 2 of them. cp3's competitive fire is kinda unparalleled and deron said... you can have it dude..i dont like the limelight that much... or the sport for that matter.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
lxndiaz
Posts: 20005
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/10/2015
Member: #6111

7/26/2015  11:42 PM
Nalod wrote:I applaud the Nets for moving on as they did! They moved under the triple tax thing and Dallas got a small liability if it don't work out.
Thought getting him instead of Melo was the better trade but time has shown us otherwise. Lower the expectations and he is a good player, not the star max player he is getting paid. Nets saved 16mil off his buy out and stretch the rest out. Nets need to just tread water until they get some draft picks their way. Joe comes off the books next year. They will have cap room. My hope is Both Knicks and Nets play significant games! Rivalries are great!!!!

I definitely would love to have that. The Knicks/Nets games should mean more! I look forward to the future Porzee vs (insert new face of Brooklyn player here.) games!

"The one thing that always bothered me when I played in the NBA was I really got irritated when they put a white guy on me." - Larry Bird
CrushAlot
Posts: 55038
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
7/27/2015  12:05 AM
Nalod wrote:I don't know what happend in Utah other than the rumors we have all read.
I do know Deron has had a new coach in Brooklyn every year he has been there. Hollins was tough on him and he seemed to be getting some mojo back as his health improved last year.
Im suprised Nets bailed on him but also applaud them for reaching crossroads and moving foward. Not many teams would do that.
I agree but a couple of my friends that are big net fans really wanted Johnson moved instead of Deron and were really disappointed that Deron was moved. I was a bit surprised because both guys are generally objective and know a lot about the nba.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
TripleThreat
Posts: 21435
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

7/27/2015  2:47 AM
lxndiaz wrote:....what exactly happened to Deron Williams.....


IMHO, Williams is more proof that point guard still holds the lowest positional value across the entire NBA.

Very hard to get the wing play and pivot play you need, and factor in the salary cap and what the market rate is for those positions when you are paying max dollars to a point guard.

Stephen King said something interesting once, he said fame and money are simply like a magnifying glass, that you are what you have always been character wise, everything just seems bigger, but that core part of you will always be your reality.

Deron Williams is a selfish douchebag. He'd be a selfish douchebag if he was a trucker, if he worked on a farm, or if he was in the NBA.

I do approve of what the Jazz did. For whatever struggles that franchise had, at least they didn't get held hostage like the Melo in Denver and Howard in Orlando situations. They just told the guy to go pack his trash and leave as soon as Sloan decided he'd rather fish than deal with Deron Williams.

Think about that indictment. Sloan did something he loved forever, then decided it was easier to stop loving it than deal with Deron Williams. Is there a bigger open judgement call on a person made ever in pro sports? That's quite the mantle - that you are the kind of douchebag that saps every bit of love out of the game itself wherever you go.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
OT: Deron Williams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.