[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

crawford deal dead?
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
7/12/2004  5:13 PM
I think Dikembe's going to Cleveland.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/12/2004  5:57 PM
I think Chicago and Cleveland are both fighting for Dikembe's expring deal, and the question is which one of these teams we're gonna give him to. I think the pot could be sweetened on both ends by adding a Nazr or a Frank. I don't think the trade is dead at all and its probably irresponsible to say a trade was dead when there hasn't been any principle agreement on either side. I think there are lot of forumalations happening and something will be worked out by the 14th.

My only fear is if another team comes in and makes a good offer for Crawford.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
7/12/2004  6:03 PM

realgm would have posted it up by now if it was a dead deal
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/12/2004  6:20 PM
Posted by VDesai:

I think Chicago and Cleveland are both fighting for Dikembe's expring deal, and the question is which one of these teams we're gonna give him to. I think the pot could be sweetened on both ends by adding a Nazr or a Frank. I don't think the trade is dead at all and its probably irresponsible to say a trade was dead when there hasn't been any principle agreement on either side. I think there are lot of forumalations happening and something will be worked out by the 14th.

My only fear is if another team comes in and makes a good offer for Crawford.

Frank was part of the Moochie version of the deal. Its just too strange that after supposedly the Bulls had agreed to make the deal with Moochie included, as an article reported today, all of a sudden the possible Cavs deal appears and now they want Mutombo again. Are they trying to prevent NY from landing Big Z? Its just strange.

Anyway, the deal can't be dead. After talking for so much about scenarios and apparently reaching an agreement, if there is something to be worked out they should just work it. JC and his agent are already angry with the Bulls because of not making a deal while most players have one. After this I can't imagine the Bulls bringing him back. And with all the rumors, the pressure is on both teams to make an official deal.
Knicks_Fan
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/12/2004  6:42 PM
Actually Knicksfan, it isn't weird...Eddie Robinson will have to be included in the package for Z with Thomas (him and Thomas for Z works perfectly)....Now Eddie Robinson is alot more valuable to the Knicks, Chi is probably holding out for a pick now as seeing Eddie Robinson is going to net the Knicks an All-Star Center...
~You can't run from who you are.~
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/12/2004  7:13 PM
Posted by joec32033:

Actually Knicksfan, it isn't weird...Eddie Robinson will have to be included in the package for Z with Thomas (him and Thomas for Z works perfectly)....Now Eddie Robinson is alot more valuable to the Knicks, Chi is probably holding out for a pick now as seeing Eddie Robinson is going to net the Knicks an All-Star Center...

Interesting... Then I hope the Cavs agree in recieving E-Rob and the Bulls keep it alive too.

Anything new on the possible trades? Hasn't ESPN mentioned something new?
Knicks_Fan
joec32033
USA
7/12/2004  7:29 PM
ok...I have been looking all over the web for ANYTHING that even suggests that this trade is dead and I have found nothing.....ESPN, REALGM (which is suprisingly quick with breaking news), Hoopsworld, Hoopshype, ProSports, InsideHoops, CBSportsline...there is absolutely nothing out there that quotes Ford saying what people are posting.....If you can find a link post it please...
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
7/12/2004  8:08 PM
ok...I have been looking all over the web for ANYTHING that even suggests that this trade is dead and I have found nothing.....ESPN, REALGM (which is suprisingly quick with breaking news), Hoopsworld, Hoopshype, ProSports, InsideHoops, CBSportsline...there is absolutely nothing out there that quotes Ford saying what people are posting.....If you can find a link post it please...

I just wrtoe what I heard on ESPN news at about 3:20 today.. and a couple of people have agreed with what was said by Chad Ford on ESPN NEWS Hotlist, so i'm not trying to make rumors up here just repeating what Chad Ford said. Sorry but there is no link to it because it was on TV
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2004  8:40 PM
I'm not going to make a big deal yet out of the reports claiming it's a done deal or claiming that it's dead. I'll wait until it actually happens. In the meantime, I have a very hard time believing that the Bulls would prefer to take Shandon Anderson than to just let Jamal walk let alone taking both Shandon and Moochie, but I will celebrate endlessly if the deal does happen.
joec32033
USA
7/12/2004  10:36 PM
Posted by Starks3:

I just wrtoe what I heard on ESPN news at about 3:20 today.. and a couple of people have agreed with what was said by Chad Ford on ESPN NEWS Hotlist, so i'm not trying to make rumors up here just repeating what Chad Ford said. Sorry but there is no link to it because it was on TV

I am not saying you are....I am just saying I can't find anything about it. I think Ford went out on a limb on this one...I mean, if this really was anything, not only would ESPN post it, but you would have a ton of other sites, like the ones I mentioned publishing it too....I just can't wait to read the papers tommorrow to see if there is anything in them...

If this doesn't happen, I will actually be more disappointed that we have to keep Shandon, Mooch and Othella than missing out on Craw. It's either us or Denver and I think we have to play hardball with ChiTown now....One of the first lessons I learned in negotiating is don't be afraid to stand up and walk away from the table...
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
7/12/2004  11:25 PM
It's interesting to hear the comments from the Chicago point of view...

F**K Isiash,for all the crap he's offering us,I'd rather let Jamal ride the bench then except the garbage offer he's giving us.

For more of that...

http://mb3.theinsiders.com/fchicagobullsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=997.topic
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2004  11:31 PM
It's an absurdly lopsided deal. I'll be very happy if it goes through
Starks3
USA
7/13/2004  12:27 AM
All was quiet on the trade front for the Knicks. Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson hasn't committed to accepting the Knicks' offer of Shandon Anderson, Moochie Norris, Frank Williams, Othella Harrington and Cezary Trybanski for Jamal Crawford, Jerome Williams, Eddie Robinson and, possibly, Chris Jeffries. Paxson reportedly doesn't want Norris, but Thomas so far has insisted the Bulls take on his contract if the Knicks have to accept both Robinson and Jerome Williams.

If the Crawford trade goes through and the Knicks add Jerome Williams to their supply of power forwards, it could lead to other deals that would involve Kurt Thomas, the Knicks' current starter at the position. The Knicks also would be more likely to re-sign free-agent power forward Vin Baker.
thas in tommrows NY newsday, so it backs up what chad ford has said that the bulls are unwilling to take Norris, thats the hold up on the deal.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-spknix0713,0,7396619.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines
Starks3
USA
7/13/2004  12:40 AM
Here's more proof to show that the deal is not as close as we once thought
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040712nbabits,1,483135.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
From tommmorow chicago's papers
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/13/2004  1:12 AM
Posted by Starks3:

Here's more proof to show that the deal is not as close as we once thought
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040712nbabits,1,483135.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
From tommmorow chicago's papers

From the article:
Call it a staredown, a snag or a suspension in talks.

That's what it comes down to. Isiah is trying to make the best deal he can. Let's hope that he is reading the market correctly.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/13/2004  1:21 AM
Doesn't bother me.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/13/2004  1:54 AM
I bet that's why he leaked the rumor about Ilgauskas to the NY papers today. Notice they weren't in the Cleveland papers.

Paxson's a new GM, I wonder if Isiah is trying to see if he'll cave when he sees the Knicks could go another route and get Ilgauskas and leave the Bulls with 3 unhappy players.

Paxson's right, of course, the Knicks should substitute Mutumbo for Norris so they get another expiring contract. I'd try to get a 2nd rounder in exchange for Mutumbo.

When push comes to shove, this deal will get done, it's just a matter of who blinks first.
#Knickstaps
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/13/2004  1:57 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/13/sports/basketball/13nba.html

N.B.A. NOTEBOOK
Knicks and Bulls Are Still Talking
By STEVE POPPER

Published: July 13, 2004

The Knicks and the Chicago Bulls have worked on a deal that has steadily increased the number of players being considered, with nearly half of the rosters involved, but it appears the deal may have stalled.

The Knicks presented the Bulls with an offer over the weekend that would bring guard Jamal Crawford to New York in a sign-and-trade transaction that would include Jerome Williams, Eddie Robinson and Chris Jefferies. The Knicks would send to Chicago Shandon Anderson, Frank Williams, Othella Harrington, Cezary Trybanski and Moochie Norris. It is the inclusion of Norris that caused problems.

The Knicks insist that Norris be included, but the Bulls prefer Dikembe Mutombo. The Knicks are not budging, holding onto Mutombo for what they hope is a better deal down the road, according to a team official who did not want to be identified because the league does not permit any announcements until tomorrow. But the Bulls, like the Knicks, have no interest in Norris, whose contract extends three more seasons and totals $13.55 million.

The Bulls issued an e-mail message yesterday announcing that General Manager John Paxson would not comment until there was something to comment about.

While each team is waiting for the other to blink, the Knicks can issue an offer sheet to Crawford tomorrow for approximately $40 million over six seasons - or about $15 million less than he would get if a sign-and-trade deal was worked out. If Crawford agrees, then the Bulls would have to decide whether to match the offer for a player they have little use for.

"There is no rush," the Knicks official said. "We could tender an offer sheet, but it doesn't have to be Wednesday. We laid it out for the Bulls and it's for them to respond now."

The Knicks have had discussions with the Cleveland Cavaliers about a deal that could send Mutombo, Kurt Thomas and another player for center Zydrunas Ilgauskas. But that deal, according to the Knicks official, most likely will not progress until after Cleveland has exhausted the 15-day period in which it can decide to match Utah's offer to forward Carlos Boozer.
Starks3
USA
7/13/2004  3:10 AM
I'm really tired of talking about this deal, I'm just gonna take the wait and see approach with it, everything is just speculation now..i'm going to wait to see what Isiah pulls off and i would not be surprised if its somehting noone has talked about.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/13/2004  3:19 AM
it's a poker game right now. They're all sweating, cause the bulls only card is that they can match if the knicks tend an offer sheet to craw.

If they do, they won't be able to play him a lot without slowing their new backourt developpement. So, basically, his trade value will go down.

We know it and they know it.

So they must gain somehting instead of nothing, but we must not get f.cked for a player they won't have a use for.

Next days will be interesting.
crawford deal dead?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy