[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I feel like Dampier could be on the horizon....
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/17/2004  12:43 PM
I think either offer him 4 years, $40 million with a player option on the 5th year or give him 5 years, $50 million with a team option on the 6th year, where the Knicks could get rid of him. Extending 7 guaranteed years is going to be a disaster.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/17/2004  1:12 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think either offer him 4 years, $40 million with a player option on the 5th year or give him 5 years, $50 million with a team option on the 6th year, where the Knicks could get rid of him. Extending 7 guaranteed years is going to be a disaster.

I agree. The 4 year deal would be perfect for the Knicks, but the 5 year deal with the team option could please both NY and Dampier. But 6 or 7 guaranteed years? Thats right, its suicide.
Knicks_Fan
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/17/2004  6:45 PM
The problem with Dampier is that he's a FREE agent and you have to over pay what Atlanta is willing to give him. My guess is that the Knicks have outbid Atlanta at this point and that's the only reason that Damps is waiting. I agree that seven years is too long. Far too long. Though it might be worth it, if it gives them a three to four year shot at the Finals.

But I really do hope that they don't blow up the Crawford deal to get this one done. I feel Crawford has FAR more upside. Sigh. Don't give up on Crawford, Zeke!

If the Knicks DO somehow land Crawford and Damps, I'll be ecstatic. I couldn't have dreamed of a better summer (in reality, at least)...

¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/17/2004  7:13 PM
Well, the deal that NY presented to Chicago had Othella on it, along with Moochie, who Chicago is resisting to take. Othella would be moved in the Dampier trade but in his position, Deke would be added to the Chicago deal, which would still have Moochie so who knows if the Bulls will someday blink and accept the deal. NY is actually offering 3 mill too to make it work, but still Chicago resists. This Dampier move doesn't really affect the Chicago deal a lot. If both can happen, with both free agents having good contracts, then its a great offseason.

I think Dampier is waiting on NY because they have a chance to be in the playoffs. I don't think NY will overpay for Dampier as Atlanta would have been willing too, but they offer Dampier the chance to play in the postseason so that could be stopping him. I really hope Isiah doesn't give him a huge deal if he is really able to land him.
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/17/2004  9:41 PM
Posted by Mac:
Posted by Rich:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/18001.htm

With the Heat finally landing Shaquille O'Neal yesterday, Thomas would love to add the 7-foot-1 Dampier, a center he tried to acquire at last February's trading deadline.

I thought Dampier was 6'11!?
at this rate he'll be taller than Yao by next summer!
I feel like Dampier could be on the horizon....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy