AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/3/2015  11:15 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Brandon Bass is so much better. I dont see it in Williams. Phil whiffed in free agency.

Bass is 30 and will want more money. Derrick is 24 with more upside.

Bass is a proven two way player. We are not in a position to be taking these kind of chances imo

We all know Bass is a very good player but he won't be coming for $5 mil. We can give this kid a shot for less and try to see if we can get him going. He has way more upside.
Also we still have money to get another player.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/3/2015  11:19 PM
TPercy wrote:With all this youth, it would be best to get some veterans.
Luis Scola and Kendrick Perkins anyone?

Phil's already been linked to K.Perkins but I don't like it. I think he's gonna focus on Bargs, J.Smith and C.Aldrich for size and i wouldn't mind if all three came back. I think coming off the bench and without them having to take on as much as they had to last year that they'll give us some good floor time.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/3/2015  11:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Brandon Bass is so much better. I dont see it in Williams. Phil whiffed in free agency.

Bass is a proven two way player. We are not in a position to be taking these kind of chances imo

We all know Bass is a very good player but he won't be coming for $5 mil. We can give this kid a shot for less and try to see if we can get him going. He has way more upside.

obviously you will never be crítical of a phil jackson move but this one just isnt good. Afflalo and lopez were good even though we overpaid for lopez a bit
newyorker4ever

7/3/2015  11:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont know about this one. Career underachiever. At least its another 2 year deal.

Two years with a option after the 1st which is just like Afflalo so I like it.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/3/2015  11:21 PM
I been a proponent of Williams' ever since Kahn's trainwreck of a team hampered his development but we grossly overpaid for him. Williams is a starter in this league but by no means would is he worth $5 million a season. I was thinking that he'd be a minimum salaried player for us, which is appropriate given his resume. The remainder of that $7 million per cap space should've gone to Brandon Bass instead; Williams should've been signed with the minimum.
blkexec
Member: #748
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Young movement with additional funds for the current knick role players. Dallas is in need for a PG.....good time for a trade.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
H1AND1
Member: #5648

CrushAlot wrote:Nice. Kudos to Broussard for breaking a story. Williams was such a good college player. Hopefully he puts things together in NY.

He'll always be Broutard to me

How much space do we have left? 2.5 mil? Do we get any exceptions this season being under the cap and all?

newyorker4ever

TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How much do you think Bass will be asking for and get??

H1AND1
Member: #5648

StarksEwing1 wrote:Not a good signing. So far the afflalo deal has been the best because its very reasonable. I like lopez but we overpaid. Williams has kind of been a bust

Lopez will not be overpaid come next season when the cap explodes. Also he is entering his prime.

Melonoma
Member: #5608

7/3/2015  11:24 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Nice. Kudos to Broussard for breaking a story. Williams was such a good college player. Hopefully he puts things together in NY.

He'll always be Broutard to me

How much space do we have left? 2.5 mil? Do we get any exceptions this season being under the cap and all?

We get a $2.8 mil exception. So we essentially get two more lower-tier FAs.

We could also stretch Calderon and have about $7 mil to spend.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

7/3/2015  11:26 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Not a good signing. So far the afflalo deal has been the best because its very reasonable. I like lopez but we overpaid. Williams has kind of been a bust

Lopez will not be overpaid come next season when the cap explodes. Also he is entering his prime.

+1 - What Lopez signed for is going to basically be the average salary in a year. They may have over paid by a couple mil a yr but they had to in order to offset any offers he might get from low tax cities who are once again doing whatever they want in FA. It's amazing we got Affalo at the price we did. They really need to do something about this crap.

newyorker4ever

7/3/2015  11:26 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

obviously you will never be crítical of a phil jackson move but this one just isnt good. Afflalo and lopez were good even though we overpaid for lopez a bit

But you don't know if it's not gonna be good so let's see what a kid with all that talent can do with some good players around him.

meloanyk
Member: #5615

7/3/2015  11:27 PM
Waste of cap. He should have be offered the vets minimum.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/3/2015  11:28 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
TPercy wrote:With all this youth, it would be best to get some veterans.
Luis Scola and Kendrick Perkins anyone?

Phil's already been linked to K.Perkins but I don't like it. I think he's gonna focus on Bargs, J.Smith and C.Aldrich for size and i wouldn't mind if all three came back. I think coming off the bench and without them having to take on as much as they had to last year that they'll give us some good floor time.

Cole? I've always like him. Does all the right things and is a solid player.
Jason Smith? I'd rather not. I would rather get Scola instead.
Bargs is a big no especially since we already signed Derrick Williams.
The Future is Bright!
newyorker4ever

7/3/2015  11:28 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I been a proponent of Williams' ever since Kahn's trainwreck of a team hampered his development but we grossly overpaid for him. Williams is a starter in this league but by no means would is he worth $5 million a season. I was thinking that he'd be a minimum salaried player for us, which is appropriate given his resume. The remainder of that $7 million per cap space should've gone to Brandon Bass instead; Williams should've been signed with the minimum.

So now you're setting the market?? How do you know what these kids are asking for and what they'll get??

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/3/2015  11:29 PM
Review of measurements from Williams draftcompine.
Winners

Derrick WilliamsDerrick WilliamsDerrick Williams - Williams' standing reach of 9'0, 7'1.5 wingspan and 6'8.75 height in sneakers were all positive numbers. For all those that questioned his size at the position, it's time to reconsider as those measurements are very good for a power forward. He also appeared to be moving extremely well during the athleticism testing at 248 lbs. Many players are not able to retain their quickness with that sort of weight. His 9'0 standing reach is an inch bigger than Michael Beasley and 3 inches bigger than Blake Griffin measured.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-combine-measurement-analysis
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/3/2015  11:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2015  11:33 PM
http://www.kingsfans.com/threads/the-official-cut-derrick-williams-thread.57980/
The Future is Bright!
newyorker4ever

7/3/2015  11:30 PM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Young movement with additional funds for the current knick role players. Dallas is in need for a PG.....good time for a trade.....

Hahaha I was thinking earlier that Dallas sure does need a PG and they'd love to have a veteran in there and I just happen to know who has one up for grabs. Lol

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/3/2015  11:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Why would I criticize Phil on this move when I was for it before he signed him? I think Derrick has upside and could be worth the trouble. This is the kind of player you take a chance on. Phil has had success with these reclamation projects. There's considerable talent with Derrick. It's a big win if you can get him to play upto his potential. Think of him as a draft pick that needs to be developed.

Derrick Williams signed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy