[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford deal almost done!
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/9/2004  11:00 PM
I know I said I wouldn't talk anymore about the Crawford rumors, but I think this will be an interesting read for everyone

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040709bulls,1,2050307.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
s3231
USA
7/9/2004  11:08 PM
Here is the article for people that can't access it...

"After a 30-minute phone conversation with Knicks President Isiah Thomas on Friday, the excitement in Jamal Crawford's voice was palpable.

And on a day when all parties reported progress on sign-and-trade talks, Thomas is poised to land his targeted goal.

"It'd be bittersweet if I left because I love Chicago," Crawford said. "But playing for Isiah and the Knicks would be exciting."

Agent Aaron Goodwin has taken a more active role in the negotiations, which could conclude soon. Thomas is expected to fly to Seattle early next week for a meeting with Crawford.

According to league sources, a nine-player deal involving Shandon Anderson, Moochie Norris and three expiring contracts for Crawford, Jerome Williams, Eddie Robinson and Chris Jefferies was discussed early Friday.

Later, a smaller version of Anderson, Dikembe Mutombo, Othella Harrington and Frank Williams for Crawford, Robinson and Williams surfaced.

In either deal, Crawford could make $57 million over six years or $70 million over seven.

As was the case when talks with Toronto for Jalen Rose dragged on last November, Thomas and Bulls general manager John Paxson are taking a while to find the right combination of names. But few believe some trade won't happen.

"We're trying to do something acceptable for both sides," Paxson said. "We're not trying to have an unhappy Jamal on our hands."

The Bulls are aware Crawford is the best talent in the talks, which makes future financial flexibility paramount to the deal. The inflated free-agent market has affected the Bulls' budget of about $5 million to re-sign Crawford.

Thomas told Crawford he would be excited to see him in a Knicks uniform. He may get his chance soon."

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
7/9/2004  11:08 PM
God I hope we can do the Moochie deal
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/9/2004  11:38 PM
Do the first deal, buy out Jeffries, and keep Frankie.

And then sign him 6 years. Great deal if that goes down.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/10/2004  12:30 AM
Either deal is great! We get Jamal, get rid of Shandon, and neither JYD's or E-Rob's contract is that bad (JYD can contribute a lot and E-Rob's contract will be expiring in just 12 months)
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/10/2004  12:40 AM
I'm going to be disappointed if this deal doesn't get done.
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
7/10/2004  1:07 AM
o jolly gosh, i am screaming with joy right now, do the moochie trade, so we can sign a guard from our summer league roster. and jyd is tough and excellent rebouonder, and then we ship kurt-crazy-eyes and maybe frankie for a nice pf and/or center.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/10/2004  2:58 AM
if this deal for jamal is going to happen, lets get it over already.
there is more anticipation with this deal than the ewing draft. when this deal ever goes through, it will be remembered as zeke's signature trade.... so dont make long, dont make it wrong, make it right.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/10/2004  4:29 AM
...while freeing a roster spot. I like the 4 for 3 or the 5 for 4 aspect.

some more room for the rooks !
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/10/2004  4:39 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/210651p-181517c.html

Isiah & Crawford chat

Isiah Thomas spoke with Jamal Crawford over the telephone for 30 minutes yesterday as the Knicks and Chicago Bulls inched closer to finalizing a deal that would bring the free-agent guard to New York.
Crawford's agent, Aaron Goodwin, is trying to broker the multi-player deal because Goodwin wants another one of his clients, Vin Baker, to re-sign with the Knicks. Baker has drawn interest from the Cleveland Cavaliers, who might lose Carlos Boozer to the Jazz.

The Knicks likely would send Shandon Anderson and possibly Othella Harrington and Frank Williams to Chicago for Crawford and Jerome Williams and/or Eddie Robinson. Thomas tried substituting Moochie Norris for Frank Williams, but the Bulls turned it down.

Crawford is a risk, especially in light of the fact the Knicks would sign him for $60 million over six years upon obtaining him. His talent, on the other hand, is indisputable: the 6-5 guard scored 50 points in a game against Toronto this past season. However, in Crawford's four years in the NBA, his teams have a combined record of 85-243 and never have won more than 30 games in a season.

Frank Isola

Originally published on July 10, 2004

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/10/2004  12:34 PM
The only part of the deal I would be upset with is sending Frank away. I guess w/ Marbury here, NY really isn't the place for him. He'll probably be happy going back to Illinois.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/10/2004  1:08 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

The only part of the deal I would be upset with is sending Frank away. I guess w/ Marbury here, NY really isn't the place for him. He'll probably be happy going back to Illinois.
Frank being in there makes it bitter sweet for me too. I didnt know was the Jamal is 6'5. Thats excellent. The thing that bothers me is his FG% last year. 38%. I hope he can be a more disciplined player in NY.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
7/10/2004  1:11 PM
Losing a home grown product in Frank will definitely be bitter sweet but he deserves better than what he has gotten here. If Isiah can somehow put Moochie in that deal I'd be ecstatic. Getting rid Shandon and Moochie would be unbelievable. Anything in return would be an upgrade over those two losers.
Crawford deal almost done!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy