Member: #4451

7/1/2015  8:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Unbelievable! We should've never let Monroe leave without signing a max deal. It's not like his agent was going to get him more money elsewhere. You can't offer more than the max for a player. Phil really miscalculated. I guess he felt LMA couldn't wait to meet with him. This is not good man. I give the Knicks a 20% chance at landing Monroe. Once these bugs are off the board we we are screwed. He will wind up in Portland, LA or Dallas

Why are we wasting time on LMA. Let him go to the Spurs. He fits in there. He is older and inefficient. He will thrive on the Spurs though.

im not sure monroe even was really interested in us that much even though most news outlets linked us with him.

Of course he was. He is perfect for this system. Who did you want LMA and Jordan? If Phil really did lowball and not give him the option for a max deal he messed up

i wanted jordan but id take monroe if we struck out on jordan. Getting Towns would have made it easier

enough about towns and about the bargs pick!

first off dont tell me what to do. If you dont like what i say thats cool just dont respond

Dude! I was joking LOL

not really.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/1/2015  8:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Unbelievable! We should've never let Monroe leave without signing a max deal. It's not like his agent was going to get him more money elsewhere. You can't offer more than the max for a player. Phil really miscalculated. I guess he felt LMA couldn't wait to meet with him. This is not good man. I give the Knicks a 20% chance at landing Monroe. Once these bugs are off the board we we are screwed. He will wind up in Portland, LA or Dallas

Why are we wasting time on LMA. Let him go to the Spurs. He fits in there. He is older and inefficient. He will thrive on the Spurs though.

im not sure monroe even was really interested in us that much even though most news outlets linked us with him.

Of course he was. He is perfect for this system. Who did you want LMA and Jordan? If Phil really did lowball and not give him the option for a max deal he messed up

i wanted jordan but id take monroe if we struck out on jordan. Getting Towns would have made it easier

So did I. Towns/Monroe frontline would've been perfect on both ends. Jordan will only be worth his contract on a ready made team like LA, Dallaa or Portland. On the Knicks his max deal would be an albatross. We don't have the offensive fire power to negate his terrible FT shooting and lack of offensive skills. It would be the Melo/Tyson Knicks all over again. Capped out 1st/2nd round playoff team. He couldn't even help the clippers advance playing next to Blake & Paul. Defenses keyed in on Blake not Jordan so he was able to get a lot of lobs off the pick and roll with Paul
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/1/2015  8:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

enough about towns and about the bargs pick!

first off dont tell me what to do. If you dont like what i say thats cool just dont respond

Dude! I was joking LOL

not really.

not so much

so here is what phil is thinking ....
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0

7/1/2015  8:38 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

So did I. Towns/Monroe frontline would've been perfect on both ends. Jordan will only be worth his contract on a ready made team like LA, Dallaa or Portland. On the Knicks his max deal would be an albatross. We don't have the offensive fire power to negate his terrible FT shooting and lack of offensive skills. It would be the Melo/Tyson Knicks all over again. Capped out 1st/2nd round playoff team. He couldn't even help the clippers advance playing next to Blake & Paul. Defenses keyed in on Blake not Jordan so he was able to get a lot of lobs off the pick and roll with Paul
agreed. A towns monroe frontcourt would have been sick. You make fait points about jordan but i just feel his defense and rebounding is something we desperately need. Monroe is a good rebounder too
mreinman

7/1/2015  8:41 PM
I can't believe that we missed out on Steph Curry
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  8:41 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

7/1/2015  8:42 PM
mreinman wrote:I can't believe that we missed out on Steph Curry
exactly
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2015  8:45 PM
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/1/2015  8:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

This is starting to look like an F free agency for Phil and Dolan. Kristaps has to save the franchise.

StarksEwing1

7/1/2015  8:47 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is starting to look like an F free agency for Phil and Dolan. Kristaps has to save the franchise.

we need kristaps to be much closer to dirk than darko otherwise we are ****ed
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2015  8:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Seems like a bad fit in Milwaukee. He probably ends up in Portland.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/1/2015  10:18 PM
How much would max Monroe bring the Knicks down in cap?
The Future is Bright!
Finestrg
Member: #1069

7/1/2015  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2015  10:49 PM
Berman's saying $15.5mm per...

Berman, in one of his last articles, also quoted one NBA talent evaluator saying Monroe's "a 16 & 8 guy that's good but that's all he is." Man is that off base or what?? I mean is this guy kidding me? What stat sheet is he looking at?? First off, he's a 16 & 10 guy as is. Second, he played only 31 mins. a game and had only 12.4 FGA per. If he shows increases in both areas, we're looking at a 20 & 12 player here. I think that's very doable for Monroe...Hopefully whoever Berman got that dumb quote from doesn't work for the Knicks.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/1/2015  10:49 PM
this level of reporting is other worldly

how can people portend to report on a guy's impression or opinion

BREAKING NEWS, TEAM X IS THE FRONT RUNNER FOR PLAYER Y AS OF 10:38pm EST

TPercy
Member: #5748

7/1/2015  10:51 PM
Finestrg wrote:Berman's saying $15.5mm per...

Berman, in one of his last articles, also quoted one NBA talent evaluator saying Monroe's "a 16 & 8 guy that's good but that's all he is." Man is that off base or what?? I mean is this guy kidding me? What stat sheet is he looking at?? First off, he's a 16 & 10 guy as is. Second, he played only 31 mins. a game and had only 12.4 FGA per. If he increases both areas, we're looking at a 20 & 12 player here. Hopefully whoever Berman got that quote from doesn't work for the Knicks.

Could we make Joseph, Koufus and Shved work with the remainder?
The Future is Bright!
Finestrg
Member: #1069

7/1/2015  11:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2015  11:52 PM
TPercy wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Berman's saying $15.5mm per...

Berman, in one of his last articles, also quoted one NBA talent evaluator saying Monroe's "a 16 & 8 guy that's good but that's all he is." Man is that off base or what?? I mean is this guy kidding me? What stat sheet is he looking at?? First off, he's a 16 & 10 guy as is. Second, he played only 31 mins. a game and had only 12.4 FGA per. If he increases both areas, we're looking at a 20 & 12 player here. Hopefully whoever Berman got that quote from doesn't work for the Knicks.

Could we make Joseph, Koufus and Shved work with the remainder?

In addition to Monroe? Maybe.. At this point, I'd sign up for that.

I like Jerian Grant, great pick up, but he is still just a rookie. I'd feel even better if we were able to bring in a Cory Joseph. Very efficient backup PG that like a lot of players around the NBA, is capable of taking the next step imho. I'd feel DAMN GOOD about our PG spot moving forward with a Joseph/Grant combination. I wonder what SA's number is with him. There's gotta be a number they won't go past--I wonder what it is. I'd hate to overbid. Still, I think acquiring Joseph is worth exploring..

I've read a few times now that we can exceed the cap to bring Shved back so until someone tells me different or that doesn't happen, I'm gonna assume he'll be back at some point this off-season. 6'6", really a 2 but he can run some point, he's skilled and he was able to handle playing in NY. Played real well here in fact. Definitely want him back.

Koufos is a weird player -- I liked his college game so much better than what he turned into as a pro. It's like he forgot to bring half his game over to the NBA. Where's the outside shooting touch he showed at Ohio State? Several different stops now in the NBA and he hasn't shown nearly the same offensive versatility he showed as a college player. This guy had one deft jump-shot in college man. I wonder why he abandoned that part of his game. I feel like his entire offensive game is 5' and in now. Still a decent player and he's still fairly young--there's still time for him to evolve I guess but will he? What's stopping him? If I ever acquired this guy, the first thing I would encourage him to do is bring back that jump-shot and look for his offense more overall. Too good a shooting touch to be that bad a FT shooter too. This guy should shoot 75% or better at the line easily. Looked like a big-time prospect coming outta college, basically a glorified backup C now. If you told me I'd be getting the Ohio State version of Kosta Koufos, he'd be at the top of my FA list. But the current version he's become--never really even considered him up 'til now..

CrushAlot
USA
7/2/2015  10:45 AM
mreinman

7/2/2015  10:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

well that kind of makes sense, right?

CrushAlot
USA
7/2/2015  10:46 AM
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/2/2015  10:51 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Things should start to go fast for NY once Monroe decides what he wants to do.

Berman suggesting Knics trying t get Monroe to take a little less

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy