Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/1/2015  4:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
My guess is there is nothing in their pitch about taking less for the sake of team building. Just a guess though.

He will sign with Portland. Beautiful city. Great fans and far less taxes. I really hope the Knicks have him the option to take the max. I really do not want Harris. Although we will lose him too. The only big I would sign is David West for a max short term contract. Then sign Affalo. Otherwise I want to stockpile picks

Think about this for one second--Paul Allen got off his arse to fly to Washington DC all the way from Portland--

WOW Paul Frickin Allen flew to DC to meet with Monroe and not the other way around? WOWOWOW

When the owner wants you on his team. You can kiss Monroe goodbye.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  4:28 PM
Vmart wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
My guess is there is nothing in their pitch about taking less for the sake of team building. Just a guess though.

He will sign with Portland. Beautiful city. Great fans and far less taxes. I really hope the Knicks have him the option to take the max. I really do not want Harris. Although we will lose him too. The only big I would sign is David West for a max short term contract. Then sign Affalo. Otherwise I want to stockpile picks

Think about this for one second--Paul Allen got off his arse to fly to Washington DC all the way from Portland--

WOW Paul Frickin Allen flew to DC to meet with Monroe and not the other way around? WOWOWOW

When the owner wants you on his team. You can kiss Monroe goodbye.

Knicks might need to overpay another David Falk client to get this to work.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2015  5:18 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2015  8:15 PM
Great!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/1/2015  8:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Great!

what does it say?
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2015  8:18 PM

Aw man. I keep hoping Falk routes him to NY.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2015  8:20 PM
TPercy wrote:what does it say?

Yahoo Sources: Two small market teams have made significant inroads in the pursuit of free agent Greg Monroe: Milwaukee and Portland
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/1/2015  8:20 PM
I dont even want monroe that much but if we miss out on him too then it wont look good for next season
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/1/2015  8:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TPercy wrote:what does it say?

Yahoo Sources: Two small market teams have made significant inroads in the pursuit of free agent Greg Monroe: Milwaukee and Portland

Wow, not looking good.

The Future is Bright!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/1/2015  8:21 PM
Unbelievable! We should've never let Monroe leave without signing a max deal. It's not like his agent was going to get him more money elsewhere. You can't offer more than the max for a player. Phil really miscalculated. I guess he felt LMA couldn't wait to meet with him. This is not good man. I give the Knicks a 20% chance at landing Monroe. Once these bugs are off the board we we are screwed. He will wind up in Portland, LA or Dallas

Why are we wasting time on LMA. Let him go to the Spurs. He fits in there. He is older and inefficient. He will thrive on the Spurs though.

gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  8:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Aw man. I keep hoping Falk routes him to NY.

Has Faulk done us any favors after the way Dolan mistreated Ewing?
StarksEwing1

7/1/2015  8:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Unbelievable! We should've never let Monroe leave without signing a max deal. It's not like his agent was going to get him more money elsewhere. You can't offer more than the max for a player. Phil really miscalculated. I guess he felt LMA couldn't wait to meet with him. This is not good man. I give the Knicks a 20% chance at landing Monroe. Once these bugs are off the board we we are screwed. He will wind up in Portland, LA or Dallas

Why are we wasting time on LMA. Let him go to the Spurs. He fits in there. He is older and inefficient. He will thrive on the Spurs though.

im not sure monroe even was really interested in us that much even though most news outlets linked us with him.
gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  8:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Unbelievable! We should've never let Monroe leave without signing a max deal. It's not like his agent was going to get him more money elsewhere. You can't offer more than the max for a player. Phil really miscalculated. I guess he felt LMA couldn't wait to meet with him. This is not good man. I give the Knicks a 20% chance at landing Monroe. Once these bugs are off the board we we are screwed. He will wind up in Portland, LA or Dallas

im not sure monroe even was really interested in us that much even though most news outlets linked us with him.

Of course he was. He is perfect for this system. Who did you want LMA and Jordan? If Phil really did lowball and not give him the option for a max deal he messed up

gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  8:27 PM
Monroe met with us first for crying out loud! Same way LMA met with SA and Lebron met with Miami first
StarksEwing1

7/1/2015  8:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Of course he was. He is perfect for this system. Who did you want LMA and Jordan? If Phil really did lowball and not give him the option for a max deal he messed up

i wanted jordan but id take monroe if we struck out on jordan. Getting Towns would have made it easier
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2015  8:28 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If Phil messed up he needs to call Falk and get another sit down with Monroe. They are supposed to have a good relationship. There were rumors that Falk was why Monroe was coming to NY.
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/1/2015  8:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i wanted jordan but id take monroe if we struck out on jordan. Getting Towns would have made it easier

enough about towns and about the bargs pick!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  8:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If Phil messed up he needs to call Falk and get another sit down with Monroe. They are supposed to have a good relationship. There were rumors that Falk was why Monroe was coming to NY.

Ok that a little comforting. I can roll with that

StarksEwing1

7/1/2015  8:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

first off dont tell me what to do. If you dont like what i say thats cool just dont respond
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/1/2015  8:33 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

first off dont tell me what to do. If you dont like what i say thats cool just dont respond

Dude! I was joking LOL

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Berman suggesting Knics trying t get Monroe to take a little less

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy