[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Berman suggesting Knics trying t get Monroe to take a little less
Author Thread
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

7/1/2015  12:25 PM
True, but we will still have relatively MORE cap space than other teams. Making it easier to bring several top flight FAs on the promise of playing together (+Melo) for a ring. Like what Miami did with Bosh & LBJ. It just never pays to overpay, pardon the tautology.

And Melo+Monroe will NOT get us a ring.

AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/1/2015  12:27 PM
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Holy cow the Magic have offered P.Milsap 4 years 80 million. Full max.

Oh no, thats bad for us. I like Milasap but thats flat out ridiculous

It might open up a window to get Tobias Harris. If the Magic pay that for Millsap it seems like Tobias might be allowed to go.

+1 - Excellent point. This could also prevent the Knicks from having to overpay for Harris as he is RFA. The Milsap contract is crazy. Knicks fans heads would explode if we offered this. That's almost Melo equivalent tax adjusted. 2015 NBA Free Agency...Where Amazing Happens!!

Let other teams sign mediocre talent to max contracts. We should keep our cap powder dry. Until top-flight FAs come to market and other teams are capped out.

Every team in the league is getting $20m in cap space next year and another $20m the year after that. No one is capped out. The Knicks are gonna get embarrassed this summer if they aren't careful. This is bad. Asking Monroe to take less was a MASSIVE mistake.

Over react much!!!!!
MS
Member: #724
7/1/2015  12:37 PM
What is our pitch to a free agent.

1. The worst owner in pro sports
2. The most unforgiving media market in the country
3. An executive with little to no front office experience
4. A star coming off a major injury that is difficult to play with
5. A coach with zero experience
6. A draft selection that isn't ready for years
7. Jose Calderon, Galloway, Grant??

Phil can talk championships all he wants, tout the triangle, sell a vision, but he isn't coaching, the organization hasn't won anything in 40+ years, you think someone wants to come hear and listen to the media destroy them all day long? You can't sell someone on taking less when the above is what you're selling.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/1/2015  12:38 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Holy cow the Magic have offered P.Milsap 4 years 80 million. Full max.

It might open up a window to get Tobias Harris. If the Magic pay that for Millsap it seems like Tobias might be allowed to go.

+1 - Excellent point. This could also prevent the Knicks from having to overpay for Harris as he is RFA. The Milsap contract is crazy. Knicks fans heads would explode if we offered this. That's almost Melo equivalent tax adjusted. 2015 NBA Free Agency...Where Amazing Happens!!

Let other teams sign mediocre talent to max contracts. We should keep our cap powder dry. Until top-flight FAs come to market and other teams are capped out.

Every team in the league is getting $20m in cap space next year and another $20m the year after that. No one is capped out. The Knicks are gonna get embarrassed this summer if they aren't careful. This is bad. Asking Monroe to take less was a MASSIVE mistake.

Over react much!!!!!

LA or Portland is going to sign Monroe if the Knicks don't wake up. It may not even matter at this point.

Phil has fuuucked us.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  12:40 PM
It is scary. I hope Phil presented him with several scenarios saying the Knicks would be happy with any of them so that he feels wanted and like he will get paid. The other teams hunting for him in free agency can offer the same money so to go low there seems stupid.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/1/2015  12:42 PM
Let's all welcome Tobias Harris to the Knicks with Melo at PF. Beverly & Perkins. Your 2015-16 New York Knicks
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  12:42 PM
Don't worry guys, Phil has a backup plan!!

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/1/2015  12:44 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Let's all welcome Tobias Harris to the Knicks with Melo at PF. Beverly & Perkins. Your 2015-16 New York Knicks

gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  12:44 PM
If we get spurned by Monroe because we lowballed the 25yr old 16 & 10 guy than we need to go get David West and Affalo and call it a day. At least KP will have the ultimate leader to show him the ropes.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/1/2015  12:45 PM
Berman says that the knicks are asking monroe to take less based on the interpretation of an alan hahn tweet that wasn't even refereced? What was the tweet?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  12:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:It is scary. I hope Phil presented him with several scenarios saying the Knicks would be happy with any of them so that he feels wanted and like he will get paid. The other teams hunting for him in free agency can offer the same money so to go low there seems stupid.

It's very scary. What contending teams are still out there showing interest in Monroe and in need of a big? He will go to the best team for max money. New York is not good enough to ask him for a discount

crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  12:47 PM
Andrew wrote:Berman says that the knicks are asking monroe to take less based on the interpretation of an alan hahn tweet that wasn't even refereced? What was the tweet?

the translation of this tweet is that Phil has screwed the Knicks.

¿ △ ?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/1/2015  12:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:Don't worry guys, Phil has a backup plan!!

I'll take Kendrick he seems to find himself in the finals often.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/1/2015  12:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
JacobKubacki wrote:He is not a max player at this point so it is fair. Well I think that he will be a better defender when playing against 5 and not 4, yet he must learn to block better.

The problem is his little T-Rex arms

Everyone says Monroe has short arms but he has a 7'2.25" Wingspan and a 9'0.5" standing reach. Not elite length but not short. His problem is that he's got no hops. His max vert is only 29". He's just not an explosive athlete and that limits his rim protection ability. He has quick hands tho and he's agile. So he does get steals and rebounds. He did improve defensively last year which is a good sign.

I was going to say the same thing about his wingspan- not terrible, by any means.

Would like to see him lose a little weight from last year, but you don't get him thinking that he will block shots for you.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  12:52 PM
I wonder if Phil asked him to take $14-15mil instead of $16mil or $10-12mil?
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

7/1/2015  1:20 PM
crzymdups wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

If they spent this type of money on Millsap you would lose your mind. You can't have both. I do believe this will allow them to get Harris cheaper. The guys who have signed already weren't on the Knicks radar so no need to freak out.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

7/1/2015  1:22 PM
MS wrote:What is our pitch to a free agent.

Phil can talk championships all he wants, tout the triangle, sell a vision, but he isn't coaching, the organization hasn't won anything in 40+ years, you think someone wants to come hear and listen to the media destroy them all day long? You can't sell someone on taking less when the above is what you're selling.

I'm sick of hearing about the "recruiting" process. Almost all of these guys take the most money. Problem is because of taxes and cost of living under the current salary structure we can only offer less. You're media comment is relevant. I think it's becoming a huge issue.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  1:29 PM

My guess is there is nothing in their pitch about taking less for the sake of team building. Just a guess though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
7/1/2015  1:32 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
MS wrote:What is our pitch to a free agent.

I'm sick of hearing about the "recruiting" process. Almost all of these guys take the most money. Problem is because of taxes and cost of living under the current salary structure we can only offer less. You're media comment is relevant. I think it's becoming a huge issue.

Yea asking Monroe to take less when he is already paying way more in taxes in NYC and you just won 17 games is not a good look at all!

crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
My guess is there is nothing in their pitch about taking less for the sake of team building. Just a guess though.

I bet he signs with Portland. sigh.

¿ △ ?
Berman suggesting Knics trying t get Monroe to take a little less

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy