[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KJ McDaniels
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  12:05 AM
As @EricPincus noted, Houston can match KJ McDaniels offer, but they must use cap room or exception since they don't have Early Bird rights.
8:01 PM - 30 Jun 2015 from Florida, USA
i like McDaniels and it would be great to get him or keep Mrey from getting his desired free agent targets.
Morey is still the only gm to use the 'poison pill' in the current cba.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/1/2015  12:08 AM
I like him, but what does he do that Thanasis dosen't do?
The Future is Bright!
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/1/2015  12:23 AM
He was hyped while in Philly and he got minutes to play there. As I am given to understand, he can do a lot such as threes, dunks and blocks and what made him so famous was his mom as well. However, all gone zero while he reached Houston. So I actually do not know the real him.
callmened
Member: #4234

7/1/2015  8:14 AM
ive been telling you guys this for months. id love to have this kid here

thanasis wouldnt even be sniffing the NBA if it wasnt for his brother.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
TPercy

7/1/2015  8:41 AM
callmened wrote:ive been telling you guys this for months. id love to have this kid here

That is debatable, but point is, Thanasis and KJ Mcdaniels are practically identical. Great defenders, good at blocking your shots out of nowhere, poor 3 point shooters.

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2015  9:26 AM
TPercy wrote:
callmened wrote:ive been telling you guys this for months. id love to have this kid here

That is debatable, but point is, Thanasis and KJ Mcdaniels are practically identical. Great defenders, good at blocking your shots out of nowhere, poor 3 point shooters.

yeah, KJ hasn't shown that he's much more than a deep rotation guy at this point. His age and potential make him intriguing. If you ask me who I'd rather have, KJ or Cleanthony, I'm picking KJ all day, every day.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/1/2015  9:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2015  9:42 AM
Im a big fan of this kid for some reason. But, he is all potential at this point. I have an affinity for guards who block people left and right.
callmened

7/1/2015  10:42 AM
H1AND1 wrote:Im a big fan of this kid for some reason. But, he is all potential at this point. I have an affinity for guards who block people left and right.

exactly. i see KJ as an 8-9th man...i see thanasis as a 14-15th man. both have the same skill set though

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/3/2015  7:28 PM
Seems like with Houston re-signing Brewer and Beverly that maybe they won't catch on KJ. I know he's not what some may think we need but sometimes having that wildcard athletic freak can be a real boost. If he can be developed just a bit more could be very useful.

Just for fun.

callmened

7/3/2015  7:30 PM
i said it months ago...i want KJ McDaniels and K Papaniklou from houston...they have no use for them
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/3/2015  7:30 PM
TPercy wrote:I like him, but what does he do that Thanasis dosen't do?

Play in the NBA?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug

7/3/2015  7:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
As @EricPincus noted, Houston can match KJ McDaniels offer, but they must use cap room or exception since they don't have Early Bird rights.
8:01 PM - 30 Jun 2015 from Florida, USA
i like McDaniels and it would be great to get him or keep Mrey from getting his desired free agent targets.
Morey is still the only gm to use the 'poison pill' in the current cba.

Did Houston waive their Early Bird rights on him?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TPercy

7/3/2015  7:32 PM
VCoug wrote:

Play in the NBA?

Yes but so would Thanasis next year. They are both bad 3pt shooters, but great shot blockers, defenders and penetrators.

The Future is Bright!
VCoug

7/3/2015  7:34 PM
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Play in the NBA?

Yes but so would Thanasis next year. They are both bad 3pt shooters, but great shot blockers, defenders and penetrators.

Yeah, in the D-League. At least McDaniels has shown he can do that in the NBA.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/3/2015  7:43 PM
I would be more on board with KJ McDaniels than Derrick Williams, I think.
¿ △ ?
TPercy

7/3/2015  7:52 PM
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Play in the NBA?

Whats stopping Thanasis from doing it in the NBA? I don't mind signing him at all right now, but it has to be at the right price. I still want enough money to sign Brandon Bass.

The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/3/2015  8:01 PM
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Play in the NBA?

Whats stopping Thanasis from doing it in the NBA? I don't mind signing him at all right now, but it has to be at the right price. I still want enough money to sign Brandon Bass.

Hope Thanasis works out...have my doubts because he did not improve his shooting last year.

End of the bench player, at best.

Has he even been mentioned recently by Phil or any of the Knicks' brass?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

7/3/2015  8:16 PM
VCoug wrote:

Play in the NBA?

I don't think Thanasis has the same hops, and he definitely doesn't have that 3 point shot. Hopefully, he willhave gotten over his propensity to foul while defending.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/3/2015  8:18 PM
I really don't understand when guys can't develop three point shots. Just shoot a thousand a day. How could you not get good at it?
¿ △ ?
TPercy

7/3/2015  8:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2015  8:26 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Play in the NBA?

I don't think Thanasis has the same hops, and he definitely doesn't have that 3 point shot. Hopefully, he willhave gotten over his propensity to foul while defending.

KJ can't shoot 3s either.
You are right, Thanasis has close to a 40 inch vertical; KJ Mcdaniels has a 37 inch vertical.
Thanasis still does foul, but it isn't alarming he averages 3 fouls per game.

The Future is Bright!
KJ McDaniels

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy