[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Successful FA signings
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/30/2015  9:05 PM
We have cap space now. We have a leg up on a whole bunch of other teams now. That cap space is not going to be valuable next year when it explodes. You have it now... spend it on multi year deals. Next year is going to be like a feeding frenzy in the middle of a bunch of sharks.

Pull out all the stops to impress Gasol, DeAJ, Love, etc.

Given that DeAJ wants a 3+1 deal and Clips cannot afford to sign him to that kind of max and still bring in all their remaining desired players, we need to go after him pretty much as hard as we went after Lebron the last time.

We have the cap space for at least 2-3 FAs depending on what deals we sign.
There are other threads discussing other strategies our fan base believes in.

This thread is to list your FA signings for the Knicks and at what price.
FA name - price - reasoning for price

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718

6/30/2015  9:06 PM
Free Agency begins tonight at 12:01 am!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/30/2015  9:11 PM
Unfortunely we arent the only team with cap space. I want jordan but it sounds like he is going to the mavs. Aldrige is going to the spurs. So we probably miss out on the best free agents which i expected
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/30/2015  9:16 PM
Jordan is the logical #1. I offer him anything he wants for any years. If he wants a year w/ PO 3rd cool. Im selling him on the biggest stage. What do NYers love more than anything else? A guy who will play in your face defense. He's such an easy fit. At 26 years old you sell him on expanding his game. On having Melo here in the weak east, with Jose, some good young talent and anyone he wants us to bring in with our remaining cap space we will, so long as that player fits the mold.

Simple fact is when Jordan turns 30, KP will be 23 and peeking and if he's 80% of what most of us think he will be that a championship frontcourt. At that point Melo's contract is up and we are in the drivers seat. If he's taking a team role and we are winning pay him up. If he's retarding the growth of the younger (and better talent) we can ship him.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  9:20 PM
fishmike wrote:Jordan is the logical #1. I offer him anything he wants for any years. If he wants a year w/ PO 3rd cool. Im selling him on the biggest stage. What do NYers love more than anything else? A guy who will play in your face defense. He's such an easy fit. At 26 years old you sell him on expanding his game. On having Melo here in the weak east, with Jose, some good young talent and anyone he wants us to bring in with our remaining cap space we will, so long as that player fits the mold.

Simple fact is when Jordan turns 30, KP will be 23 and peeking and if he's 80% of what most of us think he will be that a championship frontcourt. At that point Melo's contract is up and we are in the drivers seat. If he's taking a team role and we are winning pay him up. If he's retarding the growth of the younger (and better talent) we can ship him.

jordan is my top choice but it sounds like we have zero chance since the mavs look like the favorite
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/30/2015  9:22 PM
I can get on board with a push for DJ, but I just can't for the life of me comprehend how a professional basketball player can shoot below 40% from the stripe.

The thought of watching hack-a-Jordan on a nightly basis almost has me leaning towards Monroe. DJ is a superior player, but man, it ain't pretty.

Cartman718

6/30/2015  9:23 PM
play GM... if you had the money the Knicks have... what are your signings and at what price and why
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2015  9:28 PM
Cartman718 wrote:We have cap space now. We have a leg up on a whole bunch of other teams now. That cap space is not going to be valuable next year when it explodes. You have it now... spend it on multi year deals. Next year is going to be like a feeding frenzy in the middle of a bunch of sharks.

Given that DeAJ wants a 3+1 deal and Clips cannot afford to sign him to that kind of max and still bring in all their remaining desired players, we need to go after him pretty much as hard as we went after Lebron the last time.

A lot of teams have money to spend and a lot of them are much more attractive than we are right now. Lakers, San Antonio, Dallas, Boston, Milwaukee, Miami (if Wade leaves), Clippers (if Jordan leaves). Those are all teams that are more attractive than the Knicks right now.
StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  9:29 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:We have cap space now. We have a leg up on a whole bunch of other teams now. That cap space is not going to be valuable next year when it explodes. You have it now... spend it on multi year deals. Next year is going to be like a feeding frenzy in the middle of a bunch of sharks.

A lot of teams have money to spend and a lot of them are much more attractive than we are right now. Lakers, San Antonio, Dallas, Boston, Milwaukee, Miami (if Wade leaves), Clippers (if Jordan leaves). Those are all teams that are more attractive than the Knicks right now.
This
H1AND1
Member: #5648

6/30/2015  9:39 PM
I'd be fine with Jordan too. Can care less he isn't a low post scorer supreme I WANT SOME RUGGED DEFENDERS, DAMMIT.
Melonoma
Member: #5608

6/30/2015  10:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:play GM... if you had the money the Knicks have... what are your signings and at what price and why

Jordan would be my #1 priority. He's a true game changer on defense. No one else will impact our games as much as he will.

If he's not available, I'd look to sign Monroe & Green.

If I could get Beverly, I'd do him + Green + Biyombo and forget about Monroe.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2015  10:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Unfortunely we arent the only team with cap space. I want jordan but it sounds like he is going to the mavs. Aldrige is going to the spurs. So we probably miss out on the best free agents which i expected

To the Mavs? They are letting Tyson go or trading him again?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2015  10:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Unfortunely we arent the only team with cap space. I want jordan but it sounds like he is going to the mavs. Aldrige is going to the spurs. So we probably miss out on the best free agents which i expected

They might let him go. He is rumored to be going to the bucks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  10:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

tyson is a free agent
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

6/30/2015  10:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

It's pretty cold in Milwaukee. They better pick up a lot of Z-Pack, Cold Ez, etc. Tyson set a pro sports record for missed games due to flu/common cold in NY. Guy may not live through a winter there.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2015  10:52 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

It's pretty cold in Milwaukee. They better pick up a lot of Z-Pack, Cold Ez, etc. Tyson set a pro sports record for missed games due to flu/common cold in NY. Guy may not live through a winter there.

They might want to put him on a special diet to gain weight so that he isn't so weak after losing 15 pounds to strep.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
tj23
Member: #3119

6/30/2015  10:54 PM
I am prepared to max out Lou Almundson. Those are my expectations.
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

6/30/2015  11:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

They might want to put him on a special diet to gain weight so that he isn't so weak after losing 15 pounds to strep.

Hahahahaha!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/30/2015  11:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  11:14 PM

I dont think it works like that. We might be put in a position where we might get the sloppy seconds or thirds. Guys these owners have money. I really dont think its about $. Steve Ballmer is a top 10 wealthy guy in the world--he wont pay Deandre Jordan a few mm more? As far as the draft goes would we really be any different say if we had Mudiay? So some player isnt going to come here because we have Porzingis instead of Mudiay? No they werent coming here anyway.

It looks like other teams have very little interest in Monroe. I think he is the marque guy we get.

RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/30/2015  11:41 PM
As far as a rim protector biyombo is our best deal he looked really good at the end of last year he's only 22 this guy is a Ben Wallace type very athletic great hands freakish wingspan

He can be had for cheap He would be a nice compliment to Monroe

Successful FA signings

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy