[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis already hurt
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/1/2015  9:27 AM
BRIGGS wrote:So KP was hurt before he met the Knicks--good job by our crack medical staff!

Janis Porzingis said on the radio his brother’s injury occurred because of the strenuous workouts he underwent leading to his ballyhooed Las Vegas workout June 12, which was attended by Phil Jackson and almost every NBA team’s top executives.

and good job by you for touting him all summer long on this board!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/1/2015  9:44 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:So KP was hurt before he met the Knicks--good job by our crack medical staff!

Janis Porzingis said on the radio his brother’s injury occurred because of the strenuous workouts he underwent leading to his ballyhooed Las Vegas workout June 12, which was attended by Phil Jackson and almost every NBA team’s top executives.

Its a good draft pick but he should be healthy and I said that many times.

RIP Crushalot😞
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/1/2015  9:49 AM
Worried about the Knicks medical staff.

This is why you should never give it your 110%. Run the risk of injury.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
7/1/2015  9:51 AM
This is probably not a big deal, but I remember that one of the first things Phil wanted to do was can the current medical staff.
Cartman718

7/1/2015  9:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

did you say it as many times as you said he should still be our pick at #4? or is this an admission that euro lottery picks can be very risky?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

7/1/2015  9:55 AM
matt wrote:This is probably not a big deal, but I remember that one of the first things Phil wanted to do was can the current medical staff.

i dont remember this... is there a link? can we just overpay suns medical staff to come work for us instead of overpaying our players and coaches?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2015  9:55 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

You keep assuming that KP isn't healthy which suggests some kind of serious injury. Muscle soreness or some other minor ding isn't necessarily a serious health issue. When you suggest a player isn't healthy it usually means some kind of injury that isn't likely to get better with rest and therapy.

But according to the team, Porzingis is on schedule to play in Vegas and is back working out after missing a few days.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
7/1/2015  10:01 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
matt wrote:This is probably not a big deal, but I remember that one of the first things Phil wanted to do was can the current medical staff.

i dont remember this... is there a link? can we just overpay suns medical staff to come work for us instead of overpaying our players and coaches?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/source-dolan-stop-jackson-knick-staff-firings-article-1.1765645

Cartman718

7/1/2015  10:43 AM
matt wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/source-dolan-stop-jackson-knick-staff-firings-article-1.1765645

ugh at the overall sentiment, it is sad but....
speculation on it being medical staff right?
It is unclear which employees Jackson wants to remove, but with the entire coaching staff fired on Monday, it is most likely personnel with the medical staff, front office and/or the media relations staff.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  10:45 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

You keep assuming that KP isn't healthy which suggests some kind of serious injury. Muscle soreness or some other minor ding isn't necessarily a serious health issue. When you suggest a player isn't healthy it usually means some kind of injury that isn't likely to get better with rest and therapy.

But according to the team, Porzingis is on schedule to play in Vegas and is back working out after missing a few days.
Saw that. Glad he is ok. I think if he plays he will be a monster in Vegas.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/1/2015  11:17 AM
Amazing how much attention has been given to this thread considering the complete lack of factual information.

Speculation was based totally on a loving brother's concern about his baby brother...A brother, I might add, without a medical degree, as far as I know.

Does anyone believe that if there was something serious with this injury that an anti-Knicks hack like Marc Berman would NOT be writing articles about a career threatening injury and finding accounts of what Bo Jackson when through as an athlete, or that Steven A. Smith would NOT be on ESPN ranting about Phil bringing in damaged goods to help Melo?

Berman finally surfaced with an article after the Knicks announced Porzingis would play in the SL, and referenced the brother's comment, but he clearly had no luck finding any injury dirt with which he could embarrass Phil or the Knicks.

Much ado about nothing.

One cautionary lesson, though, and I've said this before- The Knicks have to monitor KP. He is driven, and don't think the boos he got at the draft, or the type of fan attitudes we see around here at times, are out of his mind.

From his interviews, you know that he is aware all the criticisms, and you don't want him to take them too personally and work himself to the ground, or injure himself trying to meet the high expectations the franchise has for him.

If he did injure himself overworking himself so he could make a good impression at his pro-day, that is a sign that this type of thing could happen again.

Hopefully Phil throws some Zen moderation at him and he works at a proper pace.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2015  11:30 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Amazing how much attention has been given to this thread considering the complete lack of factual information.

Speculation was based totally on a loving brother's concern about his baby brother...A brother, I might add, without a medical degree, as far as I know.

Does anyone believe that if there was something serious with this injury that an anti-Knicks hack like Marc Berman would NOT be writing articles about a career threatening injury and finding accounts of what Bo Jackson when through as an athlete, or that Steven A. Smith would NOT be on ESPN ranting about Phil bringing in damaged goods to help Melo?

Berman finally surfaced with an article after the Knicks announced Porzingis would play in the SL, and referenced the brother's comment, but he clearly had no luck finding any injury dirt with which he could embarrass Phil or the Knicks.

Much ado about nothing.

One cautionary lesson, though, and I've said this before- The Knicks have to monitor KP. He is driven, and don't think the boos he got at the draft, or the type of fan attitudes we see around here at times, are out of his mind.

From his interviews, you know that he is aware all the criticisms, and you don't want him to take them too personally and work himself to the ground, or injure himself trying to meet the high expectations the franchise has for him.

If he did injure himself overworking himself so he could make a good impression at his pro-day, that is a sign that this type of thing could happen again.

Hopefully Phil throws some Zen moderation at him and he works at a proper pace.

I'm sure he was talked to about the grind of the long NBA season and that he'll have to get proper rest and diet. KP has no idea of what it's like to play an NBA season so they'd have to explain to him just how tough it is and how he will have to take care of his body. This will likely be the best Fitness and conditioning instruction he's ever had. I look forward to seeing him in SL.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2015  1:21 PM
This is a non issue. Kid probably pushed himself trough all the workouts. His brother is his keeper. He is his mouthpiece. He probably wants to make sure that KP has a good showing when we get a first look.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2015  2:27 PM
from that article.......

It is unclear which employees Jackson wants to remove, but with the entire coaching staff fired on Monday, it is most likely personnel with the medical staff, front office and/or the media relations staff. Bleacher Report reported that Steve Mills, Allan Houston and Mark Warkentien could all be reassigned or possibly dismissed

All speculaton and none of it happend. Maybe its was just some on the medical staff???

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/1/2015  2:36 PM
We need KP to start the 4 even fort 16-20 minutes. Keep it safe KP. Yoga and stretching(martial arts stretching)--excellent for a guy like you. Build up core strength and his body should naturally go to 250-260
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/1/2015  4:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:We need KP to start the 4 even fort 16-20 minutes. Keep it safe KP. Yoga and stretching(martial arts stretching)--excellent for a guy like you. Build up core strength and his body should naturally go to 250-260

you got it boss

signed by Brother Zinger

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Porzingis already hurt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy