[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis already hurt
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/29/2015  11:27 PM
Just heard the snippit audio for it. It was said by his brother who said his hips. Said he would be good by Thursday . But then said he didnt know if he would play summer league or not.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Member: #1069

6/30/2015  12:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  12:18 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Just heard the snippit audio for it. It was said by his brother who said his hips. Said he would be good by Thursday . But then said he didnt know if he would play summer league or not.

Strange -- the Knicks have to know this is out there now. They need to release something telling us all what the real deal is -- serious injury or not, recovery time, etc...If we don't hear anything by tomorrow, it was probably overblown. Still troubling to hear. Hopefully it's nothing..

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2015  12:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  12:38 AM
Everybody CALM THE PHUCK DOWN!!!! No one said anything about any serious issues. This is not something his brother sounded upset about. Precautionary measure to wait until the muscle tightness goes away. His brother said he was working real hard leading up to the Knicks workout. No doubt because he really wanted to be selected by the Knicks. Figures BRIGGS would freaking start a panic around here. Let's just be patient and see what this is before we start a major conniption over what is likely some muscle soreness from overdoing it. JESUS what freaking nervous fan base.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/30/2015  12:39 AM
Was at Bryant Park watching The Killers, but heard about this before the movie.

Think it's basically the injury he had in his first workout.

Not considered an issue, or they would not have chosen him. They examined him at the time, and you know that they wold not have taken him if it was anything more than a minor issue.

Would be really pissed off if we didn't get to see him in SL, but do you really think they would rush him?

Played in his Euro League games

Worked out prior to his first big showcase workout before everyone

Worked out for LA

No injuries were reported, and when we saw his workout there was clearly nothing wrong with him.

Worked out for the Knicks- seems to have pulled something.

Not really worried, but I do think he should be monitored so that he does not overwork himself(especially with the weights)- which is something I could see someone like him doing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/30/2015  12:39 AM
nixluva wrote:Everybody CALM THE PHUCK DOWN!!!! No one said anything about any serious issues. This is not something his brother sounded upset about. Precautionary measure to wait until the muscle tightness goes away. His brother said he was working real hard leading up to the Knicks workout. No doubt because he really wanted to be selected by the Knicks. Figures BRIGGS would freaking start a panic around here. Let's just be patient and see what this is before we start a major conniption over what is likely some muscle soreness from overdoing it. JESUS what freaking nervous fan base.

who needs to calm down sir?

Yes. Briggs is in that time of the month.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2015  12:48 AM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Everybody CALM THE PHUCK DOWN!!!! No one said anything about any serious issues. This is not something his brother sounded upset about. Precautionary measure to wait until the muscle tightness goes away. His brother said he was working real hard leading up to the Knicks workout. No doubt because he really wanted to be selected by the Knicks. Figures BRIGGS would freaking start a panic around here. Let's just be patient and see what this is before we start a major conniption over what is likely some muscle soreness from overdoing it. JESUS what freaking nervous fan base.

who needs to calm down sir?

Yes. Briggs is in that time of the month.

We don't need this BS Panic crap anytime someone twists an ankle. There's psychosis with the Knicks fan base where they feel cursed and doomed for the worst to happen. It's a sickness now. Any rumor about the Knicks Maxing out some 3rd tier FA and the fan base believes it. It's freaking annoying as hell to ride the roller coaster of emotions with this fan base. The Media love it cuz it sells papers and gets hits on the web. They don't even have to try hard.

OldFan
Member: #446
6/30/2015  2:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Will most likely not play in SL.

This is concerning for a few reasons and I dont have to state the obvious.

#1 is they may still trade him

#2 like any other player who doesnt play the SL--the injury could be much worse than what is being let on.

Briggs, man, you were all in on Porzingis. You aren't allowed to jump ship yet.

I wonder if they should just use the next 15 months to get him to a hard 260 and start his career as our 5 man. That was my thought process anyway that hed be our 5 man for 12-15 years. I think Id rather get him physically ready to play for a decade at the right position with his body put together the right way. True positioning and body symmetry is important for him. Hip injuries are almost all compensation injuries.

Gaining 30 lbs of muscle may not even be possible for him. Some guys can do it and some guys can't - a lot of it is genetics. It could be as he matures, if he works hard he may be able bulk up, but that is far from guaranteed.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/30/2015  4:00 AM
I think this is just a warning shot(hopefully) The most important aspect of KP's career right now is to get his body right. Work with pro trainers the Knicks set up for him--not his brother etc.. Id rather be cautious with him for the next 12-15 months and keep his game in the mid range to post--really work on FT practice--develop 4-5 post go to moves--footwork in the post--drilling to pass in and out of the post--all the while bringing up the correct training that will create a symmetrical balance from upper body to lower body.
RIP Crushalot😞
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
6/30/2015  4:42 AM
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2015  6:10 AM
Ha, after drafting him I was going to say how quickly will it be before he gets injured- it seems to be the standard for our rookies to get injured for summer league (Gallo, Tim Jr, etc)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2015  7:08 AM
He projected that his younger brother could be back working out regularly in a few days.

The elder Porzingis added, though, that it is unclear whether Kristaps will be available for the beginning of summer league play, which starts July 11.

"I don't know, I really don't know," Janis Porzingis said. "I'd like to answer this also for myself, but I really don't know. We'll see that."

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2015  7:31 AM
OldFan wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Will most likely not play in SL.

This is concerning for a few reasons and I dont have to state the obvious.

#1 is they may still trade him

#2 like any other player who doesnt play the SL--the injury could be much worse than what is being let on.

Briggs, man, you were all in on Porzingis. You aren't allowed to jump ship yet.

I wonder if they should just use the next 15 months to get him to a hard 260 and start his career as our 5 man. That was my thought process anyway that hed be our 5 man for 12-15 years. I think Id rather get him physically ready to play for a decade at the right position with his body put together the right way. True positioning and body symmetry is important for him. Hip injuries are almost all compensation injuries.

Gaining 30 lbs of muscle may not even be possible for him. Some guys can do it and some guys can't - a lot of it is genetics. It could be as he matures, if he works hard he may be able bulk up, but that is far from guaranteed.

And it might be bad for his hip or whatever the injury is anyway
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2015  7:35 AM
Its better that the knicks listen to Briggs, not his brother and sit out 15 months to rebuild his body.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/30/2015  7:42 AM
Nalod wrote:Its better that the knicks listen to Briggs, not his brother and sit out 15 months to rebuild his body.

why stop at 15 months? Lets go with 3 years, since that is how long we have to wait for him anyway.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/30/2015  8:07 AM
Maybe you need to calm down. NOBODY is freaking out we just want to know what the deal is. See the problem with you nix is that you want everybody to be like you. Optimistic/Positive to the extreme 24/7. Im sorry that would get kinda boring. In fact fact most fans are probably more optimistic now then they were a few weeks ago so you should be happy
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/30/2015  8:25 AM
tighness in his hip. Wow.

Oh, and Melo reached out to KP.

17 threads... all a waste

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  8:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2015  8:30 AM
fishmike wrote:tighness in his hip. Wow.

Oh, and Melo reached out to KP.

17 threads... all a waste

Didnt he have a small injury during the workout? i assumed this is what they were refering to. In any case im not too worried unless it becomes a Embiid type problem.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/30/2015  8:36 AM
No.. he didnt finish the Knick workout with cramps, but did finish the "athletic portion" which is prob why he got cramps.

If you pull a hip flexer or strain a muscle generally you shut it down, because if you try to work through it you will hurt other parts of your body. Normal stuff

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

6/30/2015  8:39 AM
fishmike wrote:No.. he didnt finish the Knick workout with cramps, but did finish the "athletic portion" which is prob why he got cramps.

If you pull a hip flexer or strain a muscle generally you shut it down, because if you try to work through it you will hurt other parts of your body. Normal stuff

I figured it was cramps but some people claimed it was a injury which i didnt think so but you never know i guess
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/30/2015  8:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Checked realgm and apparently kritaps brother said something. Not clear at all and posters over there interpreted differently.

I listened to the interview last night, his brother said Kristaps hasnt worked out since the injury and he said he might not be ready for the SL

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Porzingis already hurt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy