[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks frontrunners for Monroe, Afflalo per Wojnarowski
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

6/29/2015  3:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2015  3:43 PM
Wow -- $12mm a year for Afflalo!?! No thanks. We could go get 2Gs just as talented for 500K. Why spend that much on this guy? Tell me.
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Member: #4234

6/29/2015  3:42 PM
Finestrg wrote:Wow -- $12mm a year for Afflalo!?! No thanks. We could go get players just a 2G just as talented for 500K.

i like affalo but thats kinda steep

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
Finestrg wrote:Wow -- $12mm a year for Afflalo!?! No thanks. We could go get players just a 2G just as talented for 500K.
I would rather see Langston Galloway at SG than pay Afflalo $12mm... its not even a debate.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
While Afflalo making 12 mil per year would be steep, this could end up being a good deal for us in the new CBA.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/29/2015  3:43 PM
I like Afflalo but of the SG types I'd give $12M, my list would be more like:

1) Wes Matthews
2) Danny Green
3) DeMarre Carroll

then maybe I'd think about giving it to Afflalo.

That said, maybe the Knicks have put out feelers and know they have no shot at any of those guys.

They are supposedly at least meeting with Wes Matthews.

I think Wes would be the coup at SG.

¿ △ ?
callmened

6/29/2015  3:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:While Afflalo making 12 mil per year would be steep, this could end up being a good deal for us in the new CBA.

very true. but for this yr i was hoping to add 3 free agents with roughly 30mill

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/29/2015  3:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2015  3:47 PM
Greg Monroe is 25 years old and played 31mpg last year. In those 31 minutes, he did, 16 pts, 10 rebs while shooting 50%.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Finestrg

6/29/2015  3:48 PM
I mean if we're dead set on spending that kind of money for a 2G, go get involved in a discussion for Khris Middleton, no? I haven't even thought too much about that because I don't even think that's a great buy--and I like Middleton a lot, better than a 30-yr-old Aaron Afflalo who was pretty bad for the Nuggets and the Blazers last year.
crzymdups
USA
6/29/2015  3:49 PM
Well, apparently Knicks have interest in Danny Green.

But, folks, we have to be realistic in some ways - we won 17 games. The top top free agents ain't touching us.

We might have to sign some mid tier guys and even overpay a bit and hope to show improvement and hit the 2016 and 2017 free agent classes in a bigger way.

Monroe, I think, would be a good cornerstone type. I think he could put up 20ppg in the Triangle and take some pressure off Melo. His defense will be bad. So was Amar'e's and we still won games with Amar'e.

Afflalo is a gamer. He averaged 18ppg for Orlando 2 years ago. He's a very good player. Melo trusts him. We might have to overpay a guy like that in order to get a solid team on the floor.

¿ △ ?
callmened

6/29/2015  3:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:Well, apparently Knicks have interest in Danny Green.

But, folks, we have to be realistic in some ways - we won 17 games. The top top free agents ain't touching us.

We might have to sign some mid tier guys and even overpay a bit

EXACTLY!! no one is coming here unless we overpay. i think that should be our ONLY strategy because 1. not many teams have the cap space we do
2. we suck and no player in their right mind would join a loser - except their just looking for $$ 3.the cap will go up the following yr and most of these cats want short term deals.

with that said, paying a 30 yr old SG with a bad shoulder 12 million is kinda scary. lol

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

crzymdups wrote:I like Afflalo but of the SG types I'd give $12M, my list would be more like:

1) Wes Matthews
2) Danny Green
3) DeMarre Carroll

That said, maybe the Knicks have put out feelers and know they have no shot at any of those guys.

Would the fact that he's recovering from an injury be a factor in signing him, or are people thinking he will be exactly what he was prior to his injury?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nychamp
Member: #2556

No to Afflalo, yes to Monroe, meh to Green. Not convinced his total game will translate out of San Antonio.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2015  4:00 PM
I trust he who comes does so not for the money, but for the triangle.

And that system enhances their game. The Sum is greater than the individual parts............
I have faith the triangle will add value.

Its just faith.

Finestrg

6/29/2015  4:04 PM
nychamp wrote:No to Afflalo, yes to Monroe, meh to Green. Not convinced his total game will translate out of San Antonio.

Agree with you on all 3.

crzymdups
USA
6/29/2015  4:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I like Afflalo but of the SG types I'd give $12M, my list would be more like:

1) Wes Matthews
2) Danny Green
3) DeMarre Carroll

Would the fact that he's recovering from an injury be a factor in signing him, or are people thinking he will be exactly what he was prior to his injury?

Yeah, I don't know what to make of the injury with him.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2015  4:11 PM

We might have to sign some mid tier guys and even overpay a bit and hope to show improvement and hit the 2016 and 2017 free agent classes in a bigger way.

Monroe, I think, would be a good cornerstone type. I think he could put up 20ppg in the Triangle and take some pressure off Melo. His defense will be bad. So was Amar'e's and we still won games with Amar'e.

Afflalo is a gamer. He averaged 18ppg for Orlando 2 years ago. He's a very good player. Melo trusts him. We might have to overpay a guy like that in order to get a solid team on the floor.

I dont think the 17 wins is scaring guys off that much.. you need the first to come. This is where hopefully Melo comes in.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
6/29/2015  4:16 PM
fishmike wrote:

I dont think the 17 wins is scaring guys off that much.. you need the first to come. This is where hopefully Melo comes in.

This will be Melo's first time recruiting... let's see what he can do. I'm guessing it's Monroe and Afflalo.

If he gets DeAndre Jordan to come here - I'll buy a Melo jersey.

¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2015  4:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This will be Melo's first time recruiting... let's see what he can do. I'm guessing it's Monroe and Afflalo.

If he gets DeAndre Jordan to come here - I'll buy a DeAndre Jordan jersey

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2015  4:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:I don't mind Afflalo... but $12M per for Afflalo is basically Melo service. sigh.

Is that the price??? That's about ten times what I'd offer him!
crzymdups
USA
6/29/2015  4:19 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:

If he gets DeAndre Jordan to come here - I'll buy a DeAndre Jordan jersey

I'll buy a Melo jersey, a Jordan jersey, a Porzingis jersy and one of those customized ones and put "DOLAN" on the back. I'll wear Knicks jerseys to work for a solid week.

Get to work, Melo.

¿ △ ?
Knicks frontrunners for Monroe, Afflalo per Wojnarowski

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy