Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/9/2004  4:32 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by MX25:

People trying to defend Boozer are insane.

Cavs didn't have to give Boozer any more than 690,00 he was owed. They thought..Lets give him a nice raise. THEY COULDN'T GIVE HIM ANYMORE THAN 6 YEARS 40 Million.

They didn't low ball Boozer. They gave him as much as they were allowed to under NBA Rules.

Cavs=Gullible..Boozer=Liar

If they had just let Boozer's contract expire next year they would his Bird's rights. With the Bird's rights they would be able to give Boozer more money than any other team could. Why do you think we are saying that they lowballed Boozer? We know that they can't offer more than the MLE this summer but if they had waited they would be able to give Boozer more money in a longterm deal. They weren't thining, "Lets give him a nice raise," it was more along the lines of, "We better give him a long term deal now before we have to pay him more money next year." I'm not defending Boozer at all because it is pretty wrong to leave your team for more money (which about everyone of us would've done too), however, the Cavs screwed up bigtime.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/09/2004 16:26:02]
good point.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/9/2004  4:43 PM
how about, Carlos were going to give you a 5 year, 50 mm dollar extension 1 day before practice starts? NO way can he pass that up for possibility of injury--cavs keep their man.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2004  5:06 PM
They can trade the big Z to atlanta, with Frank (cuzz frank is everybodys internet trade filler) and milos (lets face it, nobody ever see Milos play? And he might even really exist!) and get the job done.

Sounds like Wagner is becoming trade filler for Cleveland.

Cleveland will figure it out and keep the Booze. Paxtons hemroids gonna hurt everytime he sees him.
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
7/9/2004  5:40 PM
Paxson got really screwed and does not dserve to be fired. Anyone would have done the same as him. If Boozer comes to you and says that if you don't pick up his option that he will sign for the MLE, who doesn't do it? Boozer and his agent had this plan for a long time. Boozer deserves to be booed at every city. Fo one year insurance, Boozer was willing to get his GM fired, ruin the Cavs future, and destroy the Cavs fans. How can you ruin the life of the GM who gave you the chance to succed? How can you hurt your fans so bad; the fans who supported you for years and pay your contract? Boozer is a disgrace.
trueknicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #646
7/9/2004  5:40 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by MX25:

People trying to defend Boozer are insane.

Cavs didn't have to give Boozer any more than 690,00 he was owed. They thought..Lets give him a nice raise. THEY COULDN'T GIVE HIM ANYMORE THAN 6 YEARS 40 Million.

They didn't low ball Boozer. They gave him as much as they were allowed to under NBA Rules.

Cavs=Gullible..Boozer=Liar

If they had just let Boozer's contract expire next year they would have his Bird's rights. With the Bird's rights they would be able to give Boozer more money than any other team could. Why do you think we are saying that they lowballed Boozer? We know that they can't offer more than the MLE this summer but if they had waited they would be able to give Boozer more money in a longterm deal. They weren't thinking, "Lets give him a nice raise," it was more along the lines of, "We better give him a long term deal now before we have to pay him more money next year." I'm not defending Boozer at all because it is pretty wrong to leave your team for more money (which about everyone of us would've done too), however, the Cavs screwed up bigtime.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/09/2004 17:37:37]

TAKE IT EZ ON THE NEWBIES LOL
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/10/2004  12:31 AM
have to wonder how lebron and the other cav players feel about the situation. boozer was no scrub. forget about the money, cavs will have a void to fill their inside game if boozer does not return..ouch
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/10/2004  12:36 AM
I wonder if they'd do a Kurt, Nazy, and Frank Will trade for Big Z? We don't need Frank if we get Jamal; Sweetney can play PF; and Big Z would be a big upgrade over Nazy at C. They probably wouldn't though.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/10/2004  12:39 AM
I wouldn't do that deal. Big Z is so slow, and his feet could break at any second.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/10/2004  4:32 AM
that's a huge stepbck for cleveland.

Make me breathe better, they were becoming dangerous.
TheSage
Member: #386
7/10/2004  8:43 AM
The mistake that Paxon made was releasing from the contract before the free agent signings. Had he waited until the other teams filled their rosters before releasing him, they would have had little or no competition.
now if you're the cavs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy