[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Atlantic Division Next Year
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/9/2004  2:20 AM
Manu Ginobili re-upped with the Spurs, so now Denver has been burnt by two FAs (Ginobili and QRich). Let's pray that they throw the max at KMart, and the Nets don't match it. That'd be great.

In my mind, Philly is the Knicks' main contender next year for the Atlantic Crown. Toronto and Boston are in shambles, so it comes down to the Knicks, Philly, and NJ.

NJ has an old core and no bench (they bought out Rodney Rodgers). They will hopefully lose KMart to free agency, and might deal Kerry Kittles and Aaron Williams to Portland for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, making their thin team even thinner. If such a deal went down, they'd have really no depth anywhere on the team.

Philadelphia is a team to watch out for. Not only do they have a great cast of young stars: Samuel Dalembert, Andre Igoudala, Kyle Korver, Willie Green, and John Salmons. Mix that with depth and veteran leadership, and new coaching, and I think Philly has a chance to win 50 games. Don't forget about Iverson, he had an awful season and still averaged 26 and 7. Don't sleep on the former MVP.

If the Knicks don't pull off the Crawford deal, I'd still expect them to have a shot. I'm expecting great things from Sweetney this year (15 and 9), and I think the Crawford deal just pushes the Knicks into the top tier of EC teams.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
7/9/2004  2:45 AM
I felt that a healthy Houston already put us in the upper crust. But you're right. Crawford, Marbury and TT (or Penny or Houston) as a back three at the same time really spreads the floor.

I doubt the Knicks can get a quality Big man with the MLE and will end up resigning Doleac. If this is our current time +crawford, I can't wait for the season.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/9/2004  3:00 AM
health and chemistry alone will help our team win at least 45 games. no worry about that, we're better than a lot of people say.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/9/2004  10:36 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Manu Ginobili re-upped with the Spurs, so now Denver has been burnt by two FAs (Ginobili and QRich). Let's pray that they throw the max at KMart, and the Nets don't match it. That'd be great.

In my mind, Philly is the Knicks' main contender next year for the Atlantic Crown. Toronto and Boston are in shambles, so it comes down to the Knicks, Philly, and NJ.

NJ has an old core and no bench (they bought out Rodney Rodgers). They will hopefully lose KMart to free agency, and might deal Kerry Kittles and Aaron Williams to Portland for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, making their thin team even thinner. If such a deal went down, they'd have really no depth anywhere on the team.

Philadelphia is a team to watch out for. Not only do they have a great cast of young stars: Samuel Dalembert, Andre Igoudala, Kyle Korver, Willie Green, and John Salmons. Mix that with depth and veteran leadership, and new coaching, and I think Philly has a chance to win 50 games. Don't forget about Iverson, he had an awful season and still averaged 26 and 7. Don't sleep on the former MVP.

If the Knicks don't pull off the Crawford deal, I'd still expect them to have a shot. I'm expecting great things from Sweetney this year (15 and 9), and I think the Crawford deal just pushes the Knicks into the top tier of EC teams.

very interesting take on things...good points you bring up as well...i agree w/just about everything you had to say, except that i don't think you can count out Boston either...they still have Pierce, & a re-signed Mark Blount, along w/Doc Rivers, who i am sure will get that team playing better than they did last year...plus, i think Ricky Davis has a bounceback year next season as well.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/9/2004  1:54 PM
I don't think the Nets are just going to loose K Mart- they'll pull off a sign and trade- perhaps get Nene back- how much would that kill knick fans to have Nene develop into a superstar in Brooklyn- to have to watch highlights on the local news of Nene dunking and swooping and hooping!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/9/2004  1:58 PM
Nené won't be a superstar player imho...i think he'll grow into a nice player, possibly an Allstar someday, but not someone who will dominate the game in any way.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/9/2004  4:02 PM
I think Atlantic Division will be very competitive.

Sixers will be better with young guys developing. Healthy AI. Skinner will give them alot of help with offensive rebounding.

Raptors are my sleeper pick if they trade VC. Once they get rid of VC. They'll be better off with a steady offense. Instead of 1 guy chucking up shots and not passing.

Celtics will have a much better team than last year with Blount,Lafrentz,Welsch,Pierce,Atkins with Bench of: Davis,Banks,McCarty,Allen,West,Perkins,Jefferson.

Nets with or without K-Mart will still be a winning team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/9/2004  4:04 PM
Posted by Mac:

I felt that a healthy Houston already put us in the upper crust. But you're right. Crawford, Marbury and TT (or Penny or Houston) as a back three at the same time really spreads the floor.

I doubt the Knicks can get a quality Big man with the MLE and will end up resigning Doleac.
I want Etan Thomas!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/9/2004  4:35 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Mac:

I doubt the Knicks can get a quality Big man with the MLE and will end up resigning Doleac.
I want Etan Thomas!

I agree, I think we should make an offer to Etan if we cannot get Kobe or Sheed for the MLE. Grunfield would probably match but he might hesitate matching an offer of 6 years at the MLE because he might not want to make that big of a committment to his backup C.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BigSm00th
USA
7/9/2004  5:15 PM
Reggie Evans is similar to Etan Thomas, in that he rebounds and does only that (averaged 15 rebounds per 48 minutes in Seattle and had the 2nd highest rebound rate among all PFs a year ago) and he could come very cheap. I like Thomas too.

How will the Raps have a steady offense with Carter gone? Who will score? That's a disastrous offense WITH Carter, without him, who else is left? Mo Pete, Jalen Rose, and Alvin Williams would be their three best players (and Bosh has been AWFUL in summer league).

Boston shouldn't be very good, and the Nets without KMart or a bench are not a winning team.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/9/2004  6:52 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Reggie Evans is similar to Etan Thomas, in that he rebounds and does only that
only that? Etan's a good defensive player and a very good shot-blocker too.
BigSm00th
USA
7/9/2004  7:29 PM
Good points, my bad.
#Knickstaps
Atlantic Division Next Year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy