[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

please post Shaq to Miami espn insider
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/10/2004  5:07 PM
ESPN News is reporting that the trade has gotten further now that Shaq has given his approval. The trade will be Shaq to Miami for Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, and Brian Grant. If I'm a Heat fan, then I'm not crazy about this trade because giving up Butler along with Odom is gonna hurt them. I honestly don't think Miami will have enough to win it all even with Shaq.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/10/2004 17:08:52]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
s3231
USA
7/10/2004  5:09 PM
here is a link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837581
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/10/2004  5:10 PM
any team with shaq immediately becomes a contender. a core of wade&shaq is pretty good, and it'll be shaqs team, wade doesnt have an ego like kobe does.
s3231
USA
7/10/2004  5:19 PM
Posted by jaydh:

any team with shaq immediately becomes a contender. a core of wade&shaq is pretty good, and it'll be shaqs team, wade doesnt have an ego like kobe does.

No doubt in my mind that the Heat become a contender. I agree, any team that gets Shaq automatically becomes a contender but I just don't think they will have enough to win it all.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/10/2004  5:26 PM
The problem with this deal is that the heat have no depth at all and now they will have less flexibility because of shaq wanting an extension and they will be trading 3 players for 1... So now miami has even less depth... Outside of wade and shaq the heat have no one else now.. Jones has become a average player...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
7/10/2004  7:28 PM
jones has become a average player?....i dont think so. miami is loaded with talent: malik allen, rascal butler, udonis haslem add wang, samaki walker, and john wallace = good role players. dont forget rookie wright, he'll be behind eddie jones. they can add a piece or two and basically miami is in the mix with the shaq trade. the real question is
with the shaq trade going down....when does phil jackson follow
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
7/11/2004  11:53 AM
.......and another thing, letting skip leave town may drive their need for a good point higher than what skip signed in toronto, unless...
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
please post Shaq to Miami espn insider

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy