7/8/2004  7:56 PM
heat would have the east locked
Yes! - Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/8/2004  8:10 PM
not if they give up odom and grant. there would be no frontcourt help for shaq. he would be surrounded and asked to do too much at his this juncture of his career. it would be shaq and wade basically ( eddie jones is washed up).
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
7/8/2004  8:18 PM
since i live down in Miami, i was listening to sportstalk radio about an hour ago and david aldridge was on and he said the deal was basically done(90 percent to be exact) and the deal was Grant, Wade, Odam and a future 1st rounder for Shaq. Now this is what i heard but i have not read it anywhere so i'm just going off of what i heard. If this is true i think its a good deal for the lakers becuase they get a great young talent in wade as well as 2 starters to put around Kobe. a lineup of
Wade
Kobe
Odam
Grant
and whoever at C
is not that bad...what do you guys think? Plus I doubt Miami has anyhting wraped up because Shaq and Jones doesnt scare me at all, and the Pistions already destryoed a laker team with Shaq and Kobe...oh yea Miami has no point guard and no power foward either and if anyone mentions Caron Butler as anythign but a 1 year wonder
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
7/8/2004  8:33 PM
Thursday, July 8, 2004

ESPN.com news services

The Lakers, intent on trading a disgruntled Shaquille O'Neal, might make a deal with the Heat that would include Lamar Odom, Brian Grant and probably a first-round draft pick, sources told the Riverside Press-Enterprise for Thursday's editions.

The team is considering a handful of the 17 or 18 offers it has received for the center, the paper reports.

"Just like the coach deal with Phil [Jackson] being let go, Dr. Buss thinks it's time to deal Shaq," a team source told the paper.

The team is close to replacing Jackson with coach Rudy Tomjanovich. ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reports that the deal to hire Tomjanovich is basically finished, with negotiations now centering on who will be on the coaching staff.

At the same time, free agent Kobe Bryant met with four teams, including the Lakers and the Clippers.

Tomjanovich tried to contact O'Neal, the paper reported, and Shaq left a message in response.

"I just feel terrible for Rudy because I wanted to play for him," O'Neal said, according to the paper. "But I ain't coming back there."

Sources told the Press-Enterprise that O'Neal's representatives have shot down potential deals. The Kings, one of the teams O'Neal is willing to play for, reportedly backed away from talks.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/8/2004  8:42 PM
Posted by Starks3:

since i live down in Miami, i was listening to sportstalk radio about an hour ago and david aldridge was on and he said the deal was basically done(90 percent to be exact) and the deal was Grant, Wade, Odam and a future 1st rounder for Shaq. Now this is what i heard but i have not read it anywhere so i'm just going off of what i heard. If this is true i think its a good deal for the lakers becuase they get a great young talent in wade as well as 2 starters to put around Kobe. a lineup of
Wade
Kobe
Odam
Grant
and whoever at C
is not that bad...what do you guys think? Plus I doubt Miami has anyhting wraped up because Shaq and Jones doesnt scare me at all, and the Pistions already destryoed a laker team with Shaq and Kobe...oh yea Miami has no point guard and no power foward either and if anyone mentions Caron Butler as anythign but a 1 year wonder

Did DA really say that? I highly doubt the Heat will give up Wade, even for Shaq.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/8/2004  9:04 PM
wow!.....miami giving wade up. bad move
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
7/8/2004  9:11 PM
Did DA really say that? I highly doubt the Heat will give up Wade, even for Shaq
I heard it on WQAM 560 a local radio station down here and he called in and said it was 90 percent done...I have no reason to make it up
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/8/2004  9:23 PM
believe it or not, I just don't like this trade for Miami. Wade and Odam?

Does that leave anyone on the Lakers? EJones and Bulter and no one else?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
7/8/2004  9:44 PM
Posted by Starks3:
Did DA really say that? I highly doubt the Heat will give up Wade, even for Shaq
I heard it on WQAM 560 a local radio station down here and he called in and said it was 90 percent done...I have no reason to make it up
i'm down here too. and i heard on 940am that it was odom/grant/butler/future 1st rnd pick. nothing about wade. if i'm the heat, i'd do it. and i hate the heat! BUT, if they want wade, no go. no way i give up such an IMPACT FUTURE player for a 32yr old big man that's going to come into the season out of shape,(as always) and surround him w/all i can afford. which ain't much.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/8/2004  10:32 PM
I heard I ESPN News that Miami already told LA that Wade was untouchable.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/9/2004  2:51 AM
If I'm LA, no way do I do the deal for just Odom (still a potential head case), Grant (who is always hurt), and a pick (which will be low).
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/9/2004  2:55 AM
Heat: Shaq Daddy headed to the Beach?

The News
The Riverside Press-Enterprise is reporting that the Heat and the Lakers are working on a trade that would land Shaquille O'Neal in Miami. The deal would provide the Lakers with small forward Lamar Odom, power forward Brian Grant, and a first-round draft pick. The report also indicated that Lakers owner Jerry Buss has officially grown tired of Shaq's refusal to workout during the offseason and is fully committed to trading him—in the same fashion that he was steadfast in his refusal to bring back head coach Phil Jackson.
Our View
Much like the deal with the Mavericks in regards to All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki, the Lakers are of course asking for promising young guard Dwayne Wade, whom the Heat refuses to include. The Lakers are much more likely to accept a lackluster trade offer from an Eastern Conference team. It's also important to keep in mind that the longer Shaq remains on the Lakers' roster, the more likely it is that Kobe Bryant finds himself a new uniform. For these reasons, maybe this rumor will grow into something legitimate.

http://www.fanball.com/ph/newsbreakers.cfm
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/9/2004  2:57 AM
I'd either give odom or wade, but not both. In fact, I wouldn't break that youn nukleus for a center who will weight 450 pounds in 2 yrs.
Rich
USA
7/10/2004  2:19 AM
ESPNews reports that Jim Gray was told that if the Heat would trade Odom, Grant, and the #1 pick or Butler, they will do the deal. It seems like a very small return to me.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/10/2004  2:28 AM
Oh my freaking God, are the Heat stupid? The Lakers didn't win with Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone this year. What makes them think they can win with only Shaq and possbly Butler? (Assuming they give up Wade) Damn, I really liked Wade, now he is going to the Lakers. I have to dislike him now. Looks like the Lakers have a nice core for years to come.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rich
USA
7/10/2004  2:38 AM
Wade isn't in the deal.

The Lakers' chemistry was poison.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/10/2004  2:42 AM
do not trade caron butler. add the # 1 pick and thats a good deal for miami if they wanna advance through the playoffs. having the mdp in your lineup gives you the edge. wining should be your only consideration when the pick is shaq.

and just to keep it real, i could care less what miami gets. bring diesel to msg
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/10/2004  2:59 AM
Lakers lost cause Malone and Payton were old and couldn't defend anyone.

Line up of: Shaq,(Maybe) Vin Baker,Caron Butler,Eddie Jones,Dwyane Wade.

Giving up Grant and Odom isn't alot. People can say Shaq is old but he'll put up 25 and 13 in the east. And dominate every 6'10 "Center" in the east.
Rich
USA
7/10/2004  3:27 AM
Thats the point. It would be a terrible trade for the Lakers.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
7/10/2004  4:56 PM
i dont get how we could not have made a better offer for shaq, excluding marbury&houston... thomas,sweetney,fwill,tim thomas, expring deals, picks.
please post Shaq to Miami espn insider

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy