[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Utah cancels Kenyon Martin's trip supposedly because they are prepared to sign
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/8/2004  4:52 PM
Carlos Boozer to a 6 year 66mm$ per ESPN News. Wow, pure luck for the Nets so far and Cleveland with what I would call the dumbest move of the last 10 years. they had this guy under contract for 600,000 and couldve negotiated any deal at any point and now will have 0000 chance of re-signing him. If they had a number 1 pick in the draft, it would STILL be hard to find someone as good as Carlos Boozer on any given year. What a disaster.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/8/2004  5:10 PM
Holy smokes, what absolute idiots.

Kirk Snyder from the draft, and then Okur and Boozer in FA added to Kirilenko. A young, talented team.

Cleveland, absolutely insane. How do you mess this up? LeBron and Boozer, why would they do this? Inexplicable.
#Knickstaps
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/8/2004  5:13 PM
Cleveland IMO just blew their whole season if this is in fact true. That sucks so much for Cleveland fans. Boozer wanted to come back to Cleveland but can anyone blame him for taking the money? Nice pickup by Utah though.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
7/8/2004  5:20 PM
Wait a minute...Utah is considering to offer Boozer this contract, they still haven't offered it (I haven't seen any update on the espn website yet). Even if they do offer it, Boozer still has to choose whether to go to Utah for the money (which is most likely) or go back to Cleveland for the MLE at 6 years. So nothing is completed yet. However, Cleveland is still dumb for doing this and they probably will lose him.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
7/8/2004  5:26 PM
Ok now I'm hearing that Boozer did in fact sign an offer sheet with the Jazz. So if that is true, then Cleveland cannot match since they do not have the money which will make Boozer part of the Jazz.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/08/2004 17:26:28]
s3231
USA
7/8/2004  5:29 PM
Lol, ok just saw ESPN News, Boozer and the Utah Jazz have in fact come to terms so Cleveland basically cannot match since they don't have the money. Boozer is now part of the Utah Jazz, lol it took me awhile to confirm that
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  5:29 PM
that's good news for us...the Cavs will stink so badly over the next few years that Lebron is bound to demand a trade to NY.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
USA
7/8/2004  5:32 PM
Here is a link http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index
On the upper right hand you can see the breaking news thing which shows that Boozer has agreed to sign the offer sheet.

So it is official, Boozer is about to join the Utah Jazz

Good news for us, horrible news for Cavs fans

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/08/2004 17:32:58]
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/8/2004  6:24 PM
Cavs just ruined there chance at making the playoffs. With Boozer i thought they'd atleast be a top 5 seed in east. Lebron must be goig nuts.

Also Boozer is a liar. Cavs opted out with the commitment from Boozer to re-sign. So Cavs are morons and Boozer is a liar.

This is main reaso why i wanted knicks to try and rebuild and let guys contracts expire. Look at what the Jazz have done. They just transformed there team in 1 year.
BigSm00th
USA
7/8/2004  6:54 PM
They overpayed for Okur and really didn't change much else. Drafted Kirk Snyder? They're still a middle-of-the-pack team in the West, the big news here is that Cleveland lost Boozer, not Utah obtained him.

How would the Knicks rebuild MX? Are you going to buy-out Houston, Shandon, Eisley, Weatherspoon, Van Horn, etc.? No. That's the dumbest argument around, the possibility of rebuilding was never a reality in your sense of the word -- clearing cap space.

The Knicks really have rebuilt on the fly when you look at it. Next year the following people will make contributions to the Knicks: Marbury, Mohammed, Sweetney, Williams, Tim Thomas, DerMarr Johnson, Ariza, and probably Crawford or an MLE signee. All will be under 30.
#Knickstaps
s3231
USA
7/8/2004  7:10 PM
Posted by MX25:

Cavs just ruined there chance at making the playoffs. With Boozer i thought they'd atleast be a top 5 seed in east. Lebron must be goig nuts.

Also Boozer is a liar. Cavs opted out with the commitment from Boozer to re-sign. So Cavs are morons and Boozer is a liar.

This is main reaso why i wanted knicks to try and rebuild and let guys contracts expire. Look at what the Jazz have done. They just transformed there team in 1 year.

I agree with BigSmooth. Yes, Utah has transformed their team in a year but their team is still not good enough to compete with the best of the west. As Big said, they overpayed for Okur who might become a decent center but he is not that great. Rebuilding only works if you do it the right way (which a lot of teams don't do), and I don't think Utah has been doing it the right way if their goal is to win a championship. Look at their lineup, they definitely have some nice young talent but unless Snyder becomes a superstar I really don't see how this team will compete for a title. The Jazz have become a good team no doubt, but they are still a long way from winning a championship.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/8/2004  7:33 PM
first off, i still cannot believe what Clev did-- and what they did was they tried to be cheap on the sly but it still boggles my mind. How about signing booz before pre-season starts to an extension and have him play the year at 600,000--EVEN if they gave him something like 5 years 50mm[because he couldnt have turned that money down with the possibility of injury and next years FA will not even be close to this years] they dilute the contract to 6 years 55.6 which is roughly 9mm per year--which wouldve saved them money and they wouldve kept the player for the same period of time!!!!!!! thye can wake up tomorrow and say well we were acting in good faith-NO no you werent you were trying to give him some money this year in a DUMB attempt to get a cheap long term deal!

What I would do if I am Clev is start looking for teams who may be interested in Luke Jackson and Diop as a pair who are under the cap and sell them for free to get my stud front line player back! they are going to take it up the arse 1 way or the other, but id rather have the big man who rebounds and is 22 years old!

as for utah utah has done as good a job rebuilding a team that i have ever seen. They were better than any Eastern team with the exception of the top 3+ they went over .500 and hung on till the end for aplayoff spot when they were talking about winning 15 games.

They drafted BIG athletic solid strong players and they signed big athletic strong players+ they are still under the cap+ have 2-3 first round picks for the next 3 years running! Helluva job! i GUARANTEE the jazz will be in the playoffs next year. EASY
RIP Crushalot😞
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
7/8/2004  7:59 PM
Posted by TMS:

that's good news for us...the Cavs will stink so badly over the next few years that Lebron is bound to demand a trade to NY.

Holy crap you're right. Man, we are gonna be awesome when we have Marbury, Houston, Crawford, Vince Carter, and Lebron!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/8/2004  9:30 PM
what kind of deal could the cavs pull with sign and trade boozer+ z-man
plus wagner + first round for you know who ...yup
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/8/2004  9:56 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2565894
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/8/2004  10:16 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

They overpayed for Okur and really didn't change much else. Drafted Kirk Snyder? They're still a middle-of-the-pack team in the West, the big news here is that Cleveland lost Boozer, not Utah obtained him.

How would the Knicks rebuild MX? Are you going to buy-out Houston, Shandon, Eisley, Weatherspoon, Van Horn, etc.? No. That's the dumbest argument around, the possibility of rebuilding was never a reality in your sense of the word -- clearing cap space.

The Knicks really have rebuilt on the fly when you look at it. Next year the following people will make contributions to the Knicks: Marbury, Mohammed, Sweetney, Williams, Tim Thomas, DerMarr Johnson, Ariza, and probably Crawford or an MLE signee. All will be under 30.

excellent post smooth, the cavs really blew this one, but really Utah got a very good player,not a player that is going to take them to the next level, and them adding okur and snyder does not scare anyone, right now if the knicks pull off this crawford deal and sign a big, I would say we would have had the best offseason possible...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
USA
7/9/2004  2:15 AM
I'd have to imagine Cleveland acts on this. They have 20 days to get under the cap. Trade Ilgauskas to the Hawks, straight up. He's an expiring contract and a good player. The Cavs might go backwards this year, but they retain Boozer and don't have to lose any prospects.

If I'm Paxson I call up Atlanta right now and say if you take Kevin Ollie or Ira Newble off our hands, we'll give you Ilgauskas for free. They have no players under contract. Cleveland then has plenty of money to throw to Boozer.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/9/2004  2:49 AM
Jazz: Boozer stolen from Cleveland

The News
ESPN's David Aldridge is reporting that free agent forward Carlos Boozer—who reportedly committed verbally to resigning in Cleveland—has reneged on that agreement and signed with the Utah Jazz for $68 million over six years. The Cavs recently relinquished their rights to Boozer for next season, in which they would have paid him the league-minimum $695,000, on the faith that he would not explore free agency. The parties had arranged to compensate Boozer with the full midlevel exception, which would have paid the third-year power forward approximately $40 million over six years. Boozer averaged 15.5 points and 11.7 rebounds per game last season.
Our View
Apparently, Boozer and his agent were blown away by the sums of cash being doled out for middling talent like Adonal Foyle and Rafer Alston and decided they couldn't pass up what amounts to an extra $28 million. Because Boozer is a restricted free agent, Cleveland in theory will have the opportunity to match this offer from Utah, but the full midlevel exception is the best they can do without creating additional cap space by dealing other players. Carlos had a huge fantasy season in 2003 and certainly emerged as a productive complement to LeBron James. However, his challenge in Utah will be to maintain those numbers despite a deeper team with more offensive weapons. His rebounding totals should hold steady, but we're not optimistic about his scoring potential.

http://www.fanball.com/ph/newsbreakers.cfm
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/9/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by ToddTT:
Posted by TMS:

Holy crap you're right. Man, we are gonna be awesome when we have Marbury, Houston, Crawford, Vince Carter, and Lebron!

LOL!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
trueknicksfan
Member: #646
7/9/2004  12:10 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by ToddTT:

[quote]Posted by TMS:

rofl
Utah cancels Kenyon Martin's trip supposedly because they are prepared to sign

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy