[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I don't know if I love the idea of getting jamal Crawford:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/8/2004  1:08 PM
I've seen him play a few times, and all he does is jack up shots. He does have talent, but I think he is kind of overrated by the media and majority of the fans. What do you guys think?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
fahkyu911
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #343
7/8/2004  1:12 PM
i totally agree with you. i think knicks fans (including myself) are grasping at straws and wishing we could get a star. he is a good player though, but i dont want any more poison pill contracts that the bulls are trying to peddle are way.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/8/2004  1:20 PM
i agree, i think this market has opened up things that werent there before. while we arent going to be a player against all this cap money--all of a sudden our trade aseets of KT and ending contracts are much more valuable--especially with this serious lack of big men.

there are some things I like about Crawford, but I like him as a PG and we are full there--thats where his value is IMHO. He's also young pretty much proven athletic and highly talented. But things I dont like are his fundamental game--the fact that he ripped his knee apart --he's skinny and a little more selfish than he needs to be.

If Joe Johnson comes to the market, I have no probelms giving up KT and even taking back Eisley[who we could deal for an e-rob straight up] if they give us Joe Johnson who is a year younger bigger and just as athletic and can also play 1-2-3. + the overall money part would be smaller--im just using this as a model--im sure there is nothing to it, but we need to be open -minded and smart--and as long as Isiah isnt fixated--we should really shop around for the best possible deal before shooting the gun.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
USA
7/8/2004  1:30 PM
Agreed. Thing is, I really think Isiah really has his eyes set on Crawford, as he has mentioned his name many times. I wouldn't mind signing him, but I don't want to give up too much, and then take back bad contracts in return. Just remember, if we give away Kurt and O' and Deke, we have no frontcourt whatsoever, besides Sweetney. No defensive precense, and we will probably be a way losing team b/c of that. Signing Dampier is doubtful now, Camby is resigning with Denver, and nobody else probably wants to give up their frontcourt, b/c they realize how important it really is.

Briggs, I like your idea of bringing in JJ and Jake though. I would probably even start JJ over Tim Thomas and put Jake at center. That gives us a pretty solid starting 5 with Steph, Allan, Joe, Sweets and Jake. does that actually happen? Probably not, but Isiah needs to try and be creative and go for deals like this, like you mentioned.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  1:32 PM
he put up very similar numbers to Dwayne Wade last year, so if you consider him overrated, what do you think about Wade?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
USA
7/8/2004  1:36 PM
Chicago Bulls- plenty of talented players. 3rd pick in the lottery.

Miami Heat- talented players, but always played like crap when Wade was out, even if Odom was in. 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. Jamal isn't in Dwayne Wades league, despite the numbers.
Allanfan20
USA
7/8/2004  1:38 PM
Again, I'll sign Crawford to the MLE, but with this market, that sure isn't happening.
TMS
USA
7/8/2004  1:42 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Chicago Bulls- plenty of talented players. 3rd pick in the lottery.

Miami Heat- talented players, but always played like crap when Wade was out, even if Odom was in. 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. Jamal isn't in Dwayne Wades league, despite the numbers.

o come on...put JC on that MIA squad & he'd put up numbers too...Wade is a great young talent, but so is JC imo...& there's no way would i say that he's not in the same league when they put up comparable numbers last season...it's not as if JC's an old, grizzled veteran either btw.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
USA
7/8/2004  1:48 PM
I'm aware of that. Believe me. I know Crawford has goods. But Wade is flat out awesome, and he entered the league, and played awesome from the start. Crawford is pretty good, and will be a good player in future years, and I would be happy to sign him to the MLE. But, he doesn't have the stuff Wade has.
TMS
USA
7/8/2004  1:53 PM
i realize that Wade's #'s from the start far outweigh JC's when he came into the league...but imo, some player peak early & flatten out & some players take a while to peak & have a high ceiling...i think JC falls into the latter category...maybe i'm wrong...only time will tell...i'm willing to take the risk.
Allanfan20
USA
7/8/2004  2:01 PM
and it's not about numbers. Maybe Crawford puts up similar numbers, but who has the greater impact? Wade. If that weren't the case, then the Heat would have sucked year round last season. That's b/c when Wade is out, the Heat aren't that good, but when he is in, the Heat play great. Maybe it's just b/c he was the final piece, but why can't Crawford be that final piece as well? They have some really good players, including Hinrick. (Who is gonna be better than Crawford too but not now)

Wade is a much better player.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2004  2:22 PM
Forget stats for a second, what is the word on Craws basketball IQ?

Tools are nothing if you don't got the ability to use them. Craw has been playing for contract and stats. He'll be ok with the numbers being thown at him, so the question is, will be be a better basketball player, even with reduced stats with the objective to win and make everyone else better? We know he can put up 50, but can he help win games?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/8/2004  3:51 PM
crawford is smokescreen to hide something else.

a game in the game.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
7/8/2004  7:05 PM
About Crawford chucking up shots and the comparison to Wade...

No doubt that Wade is a good player. But he played with Odom, Jones, Butler; all the while playing against the likes of the Bucks during the Playoffs.

Crawford had no one else. Heinrich maybe, but he plays the same position. Crawford had to be the man on that Bulls team ... His impatience probably led him to try to force things... Replace Wade with Crawford and I doubt the Bulls would have been any better.

JC will be much better off as a threat off the bench (ala NVE) IMO in NY if it happens.
I don't know if I love the idea of getting jamal Crawford:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy