[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

jeees pheonix signed richardson to 50mm now we should go after Joe Johnson
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/8/2004  12:49 PM
instead of Crawford because he is bigger better younger and never had a knee injury like Crawford+ the cost would likely be less.

Something like KT Othella +Demarr Johnson for Joe Johnson Jake Voshkul Howard Eisley
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  1:01 PM
i fail to see how you think this trade is realistic but previous ideas involving KT going to Chicago for JC weren't.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/8/2004  1:04 PM
NONE of the trade proposals on any of the boards are realistic b/c we all know they will never happen. That's why I don't make any. However, I like Briggs idea of trying to go after Joe Johnson anyway. He's a nice swing player and very well could be a better option than Jamal Crawford. And I have mentioned before, I think Jamal is kind of overrated.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
7/8/2004  1:07 PM
well Pheonix just signed Ricahardson they need a big man to play with Amare, there is no base compensation issues johnson is flat out better than Crawford the cash junk part is much smaller+ we could take Voshkul who is an underrated part time winning type of player who does the little things. this deal makes much more sense for us. does it make sense for Phoenix? well i dont think they can keep marion johnson richardson carbakapa Jacobsen and then pay them all. Like someone said KTs contract is now a deal and its DOUBTFUL that you will be able to get something better than KT +also get rid of eisley.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
7/8/2004  1:14 PM
in the Chicago proposals, the Knicks were taking back more longterm money in JYD & they have already compensated for losing JC in free agency by drafting Ben Gordon...that would be alot more realistic from Chicago's standpoint than this idea that Phoenix would give up a cheap talented swingman like JJ just to get rid of Eisley...KT has about as much value to Phoenix as he does to Minnesota...both teams already have young, stud PF's...Chicago at least could use KT, because Tyson Chandler is not a stud player by any stretch...so in my view, KT would hold more value to the Bulls...which is why i question why you thought those trades were unrealistic but this one is...but i guess you're free to have your opinions.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
7/8/2004  1:27 PM
I view KT as a C when we are talking about playing with PF's like Amare or Garnett. He's better at C because --other than Shaq--he can guard anyone who plays there and the foot speed at C is much slower than PF. KT is one of the leagues better rebounders hes tough hes a great shot maker from 8-14 feet and can block shots and defend the 5 at what now is a reasonable cost. If we had a stud athletic PF, I would not trade KT--but I view the Knicks as a work in progress that needs to define itself over the next 2 years. KT isnt winning any titles here unless a miracle like Kobe come s here
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
7/8/2004  1:30 PM
that doesn't really address what i was getting at...but whatever...if you think this idea is realistic i would have no problem w/it either...except that i would want Eisley bought out or released along w/his pal from Utah, Shandon.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/8/2004  1:36 PM
come on man, I mean crawford is what 1 year older than Johnson, stop trying to use age to justify who is better, from now on briggs, lets have a new rule, if there is a age difference of 3 years or less, let's not make that a big factor in determining talent... OK...

Anyway, Crawford is a extremely talented guard, he has superb and I mean superb handles, speed and scoring ability, he can but up big numbers and the kid is just scratching the surface, coupled with Marbury that will be the quickest, deadliest backcourt in basketball, I mean talk about matchup Nightmares, I really like Joe Johnson but there are players like him in this league, who can do what he does, crawford is that special type player, for stretches he can look as unstoppable as anyone, that threat is what I think IT likes, the knicks need a player like that, he is the type of guy that can change a series.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/8/2004  1:36 PM
You guys have to remember that The Clippers can still match this offer and they probably will if they cannot get Kobe. Richardson is not a Sun yet....
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2004  2:27 PM
KT is a power forward. He can guard a C, but offensive end he is not strong under the basket, or posting up. THe dude has good value at PF if he is deemed expendable due to Sweets emergence.

kevlofton
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #317
USA
7/8/2004  5:35 PM
Howard Eisley??? Didnt it take long enough to get rid of him?????

Nuff said!!!!!
Real Knick Fan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
7/8/2004  11:51 PM
No, Pheonix said the reason Joe emerged as a star was becuase Marbury left. Marbury's style did not fit with Joe.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/9/2004  3:14 AM
Posted by 1:

No, Pheonix said the reason Joe emerged as a star was becuase Marbury left. Marbury's style did not fit with Joe.

a french saying says "when you want to kill your dog, just say it has rabies".
jeees pheonix signed richardson to 50mm now we should go after Joe Johnson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy