[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nike Gold
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2004  11:12 AM

IF there is any validity to the nike offer to double Kobes salary for 3 years until he can get maxed in NY, then there is a chance. Maybe that is why Isiah has been summoned to the Beach to meet with him.

It makes sense for Kobe to go were no Sign and trade exists otherwise he goes to a team that just gutted itself to do the deal. Kobe is far more valuable on the knicks than on any other team for Nike.

I assume he is not going to jail.

Its a small chance, and one Isiah does not want anybody to get excited about because its really out of his hands.

My guess Kobe and his wife seporate and she stays on the coast, and Kobe can hang with Jeter and party likes its 1999! Mrs Kobe gets a real nice quiet settlement. This not happening all at once of course, and I am just speculating.

IF there is no chance of this happening, then Isiah goes to Seattle to get some coffee and a Craw.

Isn't Nike headquartered in Ore.? Kinda near Seattle? NOt too far? and he got Dolan traveling with him? HMMMMMMMMMMm? Conspiricy? Speculation, and intrigue. Can anybody say, ROADTRIP?

On the road with Jimmy and Isiah! Good luck boys, and bring back the gold!
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/8/2004  1:25 PM
This is odd nalod... Dolan is a billionaire, I am sure he has a busy schedule, and he usually does not stick his nose much in NY knicks business although he should educate himself more on the NBA and stop being a ignoramus... anyway I find it strange that he made this trip, I mean I know he is not going to watch summer league games, I sense something fishy, I bet they are going to pull out all the stops.. I don't blame them, if by some friggin miracle they talk Kobe into comming to NY, Dolan will make his money back tenfold...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/8/2004  1:52 PM
Nike is pretty much the only way Kobe lands in NY. I dont see it happening but it is an interesting idea in theory. However he makes plenty of loot out on the west coast, can get job security at a very high level, has control over the organization etc. Why would he leave LA?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Nalod
USA
7/8/2004  2:16 PM
I can't speak for Kobe, but its a players league now and these mental midgets have great power. shaq is acting like a spoiled child over Lakers preference to ally themselves with a 25 year old superstar than a 32 year old with bad work habits whom they are obligated to pay amost 60 mil in two years and are being held ransom by his trade preference. If they can't move him, he pouts and stubs his toe. Him and Kobe want all the attention.

sometimes the grass is greener and the lure of the being in the garden is huge. Its the only thing Isiah can sell on, but if Nike can subsidize this deal, Kobe can name his own coach (sorry Lenny) and have a say in the reconstruction. Obviously we don't have that Small forward problem anymore! I won't speculate on how we do that, but from Kobe's standpoint, he may want out of Lakes as they are not special anymore, and shaq is gone. Kobe can be king of the city, the largest market in the country, a global city, if he can win a ring. He can be a legend. Isiah can sell this to steph, or Steph gets traded for a big. Who knows, first things first. But it makes sense. I think the NBA office will go nuts with an outside corp. interfearing with its buisness, but they long ago prostituted themselves out to the highest bidder.

But yeah, its a long shot, but one that can change the landscape.

What if Nike can negotiate some kind of terms to buy advertising at a cut rate from cablevision? What if Nike buys stock from cablevision at a negotiated price? Things to off set and get kobe money in "creative an unconventional means"? Hey, maybe the league wants this and is trying to broker it. Having Kobe play on the East coast is huge. It been rumored that Stern wanted Isiah in NY to make the team viable which helps the league. The lakes stole Shaq and made a ton of money, So I don't think Stern is going to cry too much over orlando getting screwd, and thus the Lakers. They can still move shaq, and get under the cap to get some one down the road.

All speculation, thats all!

BUt it makes you say HMMMMMMMMMMMMm?
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/8/2004  3:49 PM
what's next for kobe in LA ? winning more rings ? There is no guarantee he'll be able to do it. Blame will fall on his shoulders as he'' be the one that will have destroyed this team.

How being greater than MJ ?

I've got one advice to you Kobe : bring a championship in NY !
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  3:51 PM
Dolan's first words to Kobe will be:

"Duh-um...hi Kobe...duh-um, we would like you to join our duh-um team."

that oughta give off a good impression of the franchise, don't you think?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/8/2004  4:30 PM
I got an idea instead of Nike paying Kobe to sell shoes and apparel how about Kobe selling cable boxes for cablevision. How about this deal 40 million from Nike and another 40 million to sell cable boxes and optimum online for cablevision. You think it could work or is there some NBA rule that would prevent that kind of a deal.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  5:27 PM
how could the NBA prevent a private company from hiring a spokesperson to advertise their product?

obviously, the deal would be closely scrutinized but i don't see anyway the NBA could prevent that type of deal from going down, as long as they were 2 separate deals & no proof of any under the table agreements existed.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
7/8/2004  9:18 PM
damn vmart thats smart
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
7/8/2004  9:39 PM
hopefully this is another jc smokescreen, bait for kobe, try to pull shaq before cavs get em. just an idea
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
tkf
7/8/2004  9:50 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I can't speak for Kobe, but its a players league now and these mental midgets have great power. shaq is acting like a spoiled child over Lakers preference to ally themselves with a 25 year old superstar than a 32 year old with bad work habits whom they are obligated to pay amost 60 mil in two years and are being held ransom by his trade preference. If they can't move him, he pouts and stubs his toe. Him and Kobe want all the attention.

sometimes the grass is greener and the lure of the being in the garden is huge. Its the only thing Isiah can sell on, but if Nike can subsidize this deal, Kobe can name his own coach (sorry Lenny) and have a say in the reconstruction. Obviously we don't have that Small forward problem anymore! I won't speculate on how we do that, but from Kobe's standpoint, he may want out of Lakes as they are not special anymore, and shaq is gone. Kobe can be king of the city, the largest market in the country, a global city, if he can win a ring. He can be a legend. Isiah can sell this to steph, or Steph gets traded for a big. Who knows, first things first. But it makes sense. I think the NBA office will go nuts with an outside corp. interfearing with its buisness, but they long ago prostituted themselves out to the highest bidder.

But yeah, its a long shot, but one that can change the landscape.

What if Nike can negotiate some kind of terms to buy advertising at a cut rate from cablevision? What if Nike buys stock from cablevision at a negotiated price? Things to off set and get kobe money in "creative an unconventional means"? Hey, maybe the league wants this and is trying to broker it. Having Kobe play on the East coast is huge. It been rumored that Stern wanted Isiah in NY to make the team viable which helps the league. The lakes stole Shaq and made a ton of money, So I don't think Stern is going to cry too much over orlando getting screwd, and thus the Lakers. They can still move shaq, and get under the cap to get some one down the road.

All speculation, thats all!

BUt it makes you say HMMMMMMMMMMMMm?

excellent post nalod, excellent, the NBA has long ago prostituted itself to corp. america...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
7/8/2004  10:00 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

damn vmart thats smart
that was'nt smart. that was dirty. i know what you were thinking vmart, & i like it.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/8/2004  10:44 PM
How about this deal 40 million from Nike and another 40 million to sell cable boxes and optimum online for cablevision. You think it could work or is there some NBA rule that would prevent that kind of a deal.

I think I posted that Dolan could hire Kobe's wife as an official spokesperson for MSG...

I'd have to figure the league would have some law to prevent this or they could resort to the punishment they doled out to the Timberwolves for their under the table Joe Smith deal
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/8/2004  11:05 PM
Posted by franco12:
How about this deal 40 million from Nike and another 40 million to sell cable boxes and optimum online for cablevision. You think it could work or is there some NBA rule that would prevent that kind of a deal.

I think I posted that Dolan could hire Kobe's wife as an official spokesperson for MSG...

I'd have to figure the league would have some law to prevent this or they could resort to the punishment they doled out to the Timberwolves for their under the table Joe Smith deal

I don't think that would be possible because he would be pushing cablevision goods just like H20 does and no one questions it. I mean Kobe could be a spokesman for McDonalds why not cablevision and get paid for it. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Nalod
USA
7/9/2004  12:23 AM

Hows this: Kobe goes to jail, and Cablevision brings back "OZ" with Kobe as its star. It can run a few seasons till he gets off on parole.

Shaq can be "Adabeezie" and take kobe on as his new bitch. "You sit when you pee Kobe!! "Kobe, use syrup when you toss my salad!"

"kobe, you don't sell sprite no more" "Show em your motto! Ha ha ha"

They can sign on Riles to be the new warden, and have Anthony Mason as guest star. Walton gang rapped would be my favorite!

Marv can be cross dressed freak like Corp. Klinger was on the series M*A*S*H. Except witha more modern freakazoid zainyness!

Isiah can play the sweet do good nun! And Charlie ward can play the priest.

Charles Oakley can also have a nice role as angry gay man collecting money from other cell mates. Not much of a stretch for him.

Lenny can play the old timer in for life, the sweet sharp dresser sympthetic character. CHaney can be the dude gone crazy.

And Laydog can be like Toby from OZ, the Skin head nazi's bitch whom tourtured, but in the end he comes out a head.

Tapscott does not last a day!
tkf
7/9/2004  12:47 AM
LOL... funny post nalod, I wonder if we could get othella to play that poet character.... hahah...

shaq as adebesi would be treacherous....LOL!!
Nalod
USA
7/9/2004  7:56 AM
Got to get that little hat to stick to his head!
Nike Gold

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy