Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/25/2015  1:57 AM
VCoug wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
VCoug wrote:And why the **** is Charlotte doing this?

Baseline cost of a starting NBA wing who can actually defend is about 10 million per year. That's the rock bottom baseline cost.

Teams are going to adjust how they trade accordingly.

The Knicks desperately need to buy a couple of 2nd rounders, even in the 50s zone and grab some wing prospects.

But they just drafted Noah Vonleh (admittedly, a guy I don't like) with a top 10 pick last year. And is Batum significantly better than Henderson? It's not like Batum is a guy that's going to put them over the top or anything.

Batuum is a way better player than Henderson when he is healthy. Last year he played with a bad wrist all season but still defended and pass the ball well. I think Vonleh has promise and will develop in a year or two. Vonleh at the four and Leonard at the 5 could be a great future

AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/25/2015  4:37 AM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Charlotte got Jeremy Lamb for nothing.

Yeah, I just saw; that's annoying. Dude's only making $3M next year and he looks to me that he's at least a rotational level SG. Certainly better than anyone we have right now. Should've used one of the TPEs and a future 2nd to get it done.

IMHO, should be a cautionary tale about having a top heavy roster from a salary cap perspective.

Because Melo, STAT and Bargs were chewing up so much cap, they were difficult to impossible to trade, even in a pure salary dump. They couldn't even be broken up into smaller contracts coming back.

So guys saying let's throw 15 million at Monroe then 12 million at Danny Green plus Calderon and Melo's money, it puts the Knicks back in the same type of situation.

Even if you get a workable situation like the Blazers, where it was a top heavy roster chewing up most of the cap, it becomes tough to make any moves to round out a roster.

A lot people here give Sam Hinkie and even Daryl Morey crap, but their cap management is superb. Very flexible. A range of contracts and contract types, a lot of variable assets in play to help them.

I keep saying it, a younger and more experienced GM type would have had the Knicks in far better place than Phil Jackson.

wargames
Member: #6053

6/25/2015  6:06 AM
VCoug wrote:

Yeah, I just saw; that's annoying. Dude's only making $3M next year and he looks to me that he's at least a rotational level SG. Certainly better than anyone we have right now. Should've used one of the TPEs and a future 2nd to get it done.

Jeremy Lamb isn't even as good as Tim Hardaway.....

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2015  2:52 PM
Broussard speculated this morning that the Spurs might not be able to resign Danny Green if they go after Aldridge.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/26/2015  3:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Broussard speculated this morning that the Spurs might not be able to resign Danny Green if they go after Aldridge.
well they are at $34mm with no Manu signed and no Duncan signed. Leanard is getting $15mm (ish). Bang. You close to $50mm. That doesnt even leave them enough to offer LA a max, and thats assuming they let Manu and Duncan walk into the sunset. What is Duncan says he wants to play again for $10mm? You tell him no thanks your signing LA?

Green would be a nice add... Rather have Carroll as he's bigger and a better shooter imo, but Green would be a nice defender on the wing

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/26/2015  3:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Broussard speculated this morning that the Spurs might not be able to resign Danny Green if they go after Aldridge.
well they are at $34mm with no Manu signed and no Duncan signed. Leanard is getting $15mm (ish). Bang. You close to $50mm. That doesnt even leave them enough to offer LA a max, and thats assuming they let Manu and Duncan walk into the sunset. What is Duncan says he wants to play again for $10mm? You tell him no thanks your signing LA?

Green would be a nice add... Rather have Carroll as he's bigger and a better shooter imo, but Green would be a nice defender on the wing

I could see LMA going to the Lakers. He lives in LA now, though he is from Texas.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
6/26/2015  3:43 PM
Brook opting out. Hope Phil doesn't go anywhere near this guy.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/26/2015  4:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:Brook opting out. Hope Phil doesn't go anywhere near this guy.

you need to read more Briggs... he's the best center in the NBA.

I agree. Not a fishmike player, and thats even if he didnt have a history of foot problems.

did Thad Young opt out? Might give him a good long look

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
JacobKubacki
Member: #6038

6/26/2015  4:10 PM
I would check guys like O'quinn or R. Lopez and D. West or Bass, Carroll or D. Green. Wouldn't go with Monroe or any PG.
CrushAlot
USA
6/26/2015  4:21 PM

Wow Brook opting out the day after they trade Miles.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2015  4:29 PM
Not sure they would have traded Plumlee unless they have a plan.
crzymdups
USA
6/26/2015  5:34 PM
fishmike wrote:

I agree. Not a fishmike player, and thats even if he didnt have a history of foot problems.

Thad Young did too - but Wojo saying that the Nets are leading contenders to re-sign them both. They just want raises, I guess.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/26/2015  7:59 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
VCoug wrote:

IMHO, should be a cautionary tale about having a top heavy roster from a salary cap perspective.

Because Melo, STAT and Bargs were chewing up so much cap, they were difficult to impossible to trade, even in a pure salary dump. They couldn't even be broken up into smaller contracts coming back.

So guys saying let's throw 15 million at Monroe then 12 million at Danny Green plus Calderon and Melo's money, it puts the Knicks back in the same type of situation.

Even if you get a workable situation like the Blazers, where it was a top heavy roster chewing up most of the cap, it becomes tough to make any moves to round out a roster.

A lot people here give Sam Hinkie and even Daryl Morey crap, but their cap management is superb. Very flexible. A range of contracts and contract types, a lot of variable assets in play to help them.

I keep saying it, a younger and more experienced GM type would have had the Knicks in far better place than Phil Jackson.

Haven't really read the news, have you.

The top FA's don't want to play there. Porzingis and OK4 both stayed away from workouts. They are being looked at by the NBA on how they run the team, too, I think. He may have drafted a broken player, he failed to get a good player out of his contract overseas-now has to hope he stays health for another year playing on another team, and this year he traded away a ROY expecting to get Russell, and failed.

More power to him if he succeeds (as long as it is not at our expense), but he has not done a thing so far except to collect "assets" which have yet to be turned into wins.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2015  10:55 PM

By Adrian Wojnarowski
44 minutes ago

Yahoo Sports

View photo
.Ben Gordon (7) drives around Washington's Nene during a game on Oct. 30, 2014. (AP file photo)
Ben Gordon (7) drives around Washington's Nene during a game on Oct. 30, 2014. (AP file photo)
The Orlando Magic are declining the $4.5 million team option for 2015-'16 on guard Ben Gordon’s contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Gordon will become an unrestricted free agent.

Passing on Gordon’s option will give the Magic $14.5 million in salary cap space for free agency. Gordon, 32, averaged 6.2 points a game for the Magic last season.

He signed a two-year, $9 million free agent deal with Orlando last July. In 11 NBA seasons with Chicago, Detroit, Charlotte and Orlando, Gordon has averaged nearly 15 points per game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--orlando-declined-option-on-ben-gordon-020805802-nba.html
jbeachboy
Member: #6050

6/27/2015  11:13 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
VCoug wrote:

The top FA's don't want to play there. Porzingis and OK4 both stayed away from workouts. They are being looked at by the NBA on how they run the team, too, I think. He may have drafted a broken player, he failed to get a good player out of his contract overseas-now has to hope he stays health for another year playing on another team, and this year he traded away a ROY expecting to get Russell, and failed.

More power to him if he succeeds (as long as it is not at our expense), but he has not done a thing so far except to collect "assets" which have yet to be turned into wins.

porzingis wanted knicks and okafor wanted lakers

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/28/2015  8:35 AM
jbeachboy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
VCoug wrote:

porzingis wanted knicks and okafor wanted lakers

..And neither they, and others, seem to want to play in Philly:

This stash pick is no trash pick. The Knicks may not have a center on their roster yet for this season, but feel they have a potential pivot for their rotation in 2016-17 – 6-foot-11 Spanish League second-rounder Guillermo Hernangomez.
The Sixers had five second-round picks and traded their 35th selection to the Knicks Thursday for their 2020 and 2021 second-rounders plus cash. According to a source, the Sixers already had a deal in place with the Knicks at No. 35 when they picked the Spaniard, who had already informed the Sixers he wasn’t interested in playing there.

I've been reading to many things about players not wanting to go to Philly to believe it's not true.

Of course this is a special case because Hernangomez is a friend of Porzingis.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/28/2015  10:31 AM
fishmike wrote:

I know every Knick fan would be against signing B.Lopez but he stayed healthy for the 2nd half of the year last year and proved that when he's healthy he's a top 5 center in the NBA and i say easily top 5. Now i know he always gets hurt but does anyone know how bad his injuries have been?? Like how long they've kept him out if it's for a week or a couple of weeks or way longer like months at a time?? If the injuries have been just little things that made him miss a couple of games here or there then i'd seriously think about signing him cause again.....he's a beast when healthy.
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2015  10:41 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I know every Knick fan would be against signing B.Lopez but he stayed healthy for the 2nd half of the year last year and proved that when he's healthy he's a top 5 center in the NBA and i say easily top 5. Now i know he always gets hurt but does anyone know how bad his injuries have been?? Like how long they've kept him out if it's for a week or a couple of weeks or way longer like months at a time?? If the injuries have been just little things that made him miss a couple of games here or there then i'd seriously think about signing him cause again.....he's a beast when healthy.
His last surgery on his foot was called career saving. If he has another foot injury he could be out of the league. I like him a lot and wish the Knicks picked him in the draft. But I think he is too much of an injury risk. Playing basketball on surgically repaired feet when you weigh 275 lbs is too much of a risk. I think he wants long term security.
VCoug
Member: #1406

6/28/2015  12:44 PM
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2015  8:09 PM
Hoops Rumors ‏@HoopsRumors · 1h1 hour ago
Suns to re-sign Brandon Knight to a five-year, $70MM deal, per @GeryWoelfel: http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/brandon-knight-with.html …

Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy