Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2015  2:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
They asked. Neogtiatinos are painting pictures. If they paint one where monroe takes a Temparary cut, to be made up later say after an opt out then its about the average over the longer term.
If they said no, its on the knicks to counter with a higher number or take a pass. Your under the assumption knicks asked, then Monroe got offended and knicks blew thir chance.

It is reasonable to say the knicks would have said, if your interested in being here go get offers and we'll match it, but here is a scenario by which we can compete more NOW and you'll get your money if you want.

Now, I don't know anymore than you do but your making assumptions based on incomplete information. Im trying to paint a reasonable scenario. Odds are knicks don't land him but its not becuase the knicks are clueless. They have the money and they have a plan. We just don't know what it is do we? If we did, so would the other teams they are trying to posture against.

There's no need to posture against other teams. Every team can offer the same max deal. You need to sell him on a vision. Maybe Phil did that. But to offer less money than any other team he talks to is not how you close a deal. They left it open for Portland or the Lakers, who both have better rosters in place, to close the deal.

Wait, you didn't say you were there and the knicks did not make an offer?

One more time. Knicks were first. Monroe has apppointments with people that flew in. It would be rude to cancel on them. Monroe is going to get max, we all know this, so its a question of fit.
You assume the knicks struck out. I assume it part of a fluid process.

I think Carrol got a great offer and one that nobody would go that high, so its on the table. If he had multiple offers with an experation on it he'd have choices.

or.....

OH MY GOD, WHY ISN'T THE KNICKS SIGNING ANYBODY, I MEAN ANYBODY!!!!!
IS PHIL TOO STONED TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING?????
NOBODY WANTS TO BE HERE ANYWAY!!!!!

AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/1/2015  2:17 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
They asked. Neogtiatinos are painting pictures. If they paint one where monroe takes a Temparary cut, to be made up later say after an opt out then its about the average over the longer term.
If they said no, its on the knicks to counter with a higher number or take a pass. Your under the assumption knicks asked, then Monroe got offended and knicks blew thir chance.

It is reasonable to say the knicks would have said, if your interested in being here go get offers and we'll match it, but here is a scenario by which we can compete more NOW and you'll get your money if you want.

Now, I don't know anymore than you do but your making assumptions based on incomplete information. Im trying to paint a reasonable scenario. Odds are knicks don't land him but its not becuase the knicks are clueless. They have the money and they have a plan. We just don't know what it is do we? If we did, so would the other teams they are trying to posture against.

There's no need to posture against other teams. Every team can offer the same max deal. You need to sell him on a vision. Maybe Phil did that. But to offer less money than any other team he talks to is not how you close a deal. They left it open for Portland or the Lakers, who both have better rosters in place, to close the deal.

One more time. Knicks were first. Monroe has apppointments with people that flew in. It would be rude to cancel on them. Monroe is going to get max, we all know this, so its a question of fit.

I think Carrol got a great offer and one that nobody would go that high, so its on the table. If he had multiple offers with an experation on it he'd have choices.

or.....

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  2:18 PM
¿ △ ?
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2015  2:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:

or.....

We finally got a GM that doesn't make panic moves, just because of fan pressure. If nobody wants to sign, I don't see why Phil should over pay somebody if the only way to get them is to overpay. Because once that 1st check clears, they will be mentally somewhere else. Just like Phil is right now.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  2:21 PM
¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
7/1/2015  2:21 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:

or.....

We finally got a GM that doesn't make panic moves, just because of fan pressure. If nobody wants to sign, I don't see why Phil should over pay somebody if the only way to get them is to overpay. Because once that 1st check clears, they will be mentally somewhere else. Just like Phil is right now.

[IMG_block] http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2153237/Animation4.gif [/IMG_block]

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/1/2015  2:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2015  2:30 PM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:

or.....

[IMG_block] http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2153237/Animation4.gif [/IMG_block]

Hey Phil: How's the delivery service bud in NYC?

crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  2:32 PM
Kevin Love going back to Cleveland. If LMA goes to the Spurs, Lakers will be all in on Greg Monroe.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
7/1/2015  2:38 PM
crzymdups wrote:Kevin Love going back to Cleveland. If LMA goes to the Spurs, Lakers will be all in on Greg Monroe.

Lakers have sunshine and malibu. Lakers are formitable all things being the same (money).

Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/1/2015  2:51 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:

or.....

lies

The Knicks were NOT going to offer this dude near max money....

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2015  2:52 PM
I guess that Eric Bledsoe deal was a bagai.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  3:18 PM
¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/1/2015  3:28 PM
i think we need to go after draymond green hard... offer him monroe money
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  3:33 PM
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  3:33 PM
Cartman718 wrote:i think we need to go after draymond green hard... offer him monroe money

I think the Warriors would just match in that case.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  3:36 PM
crzymdups wrote:

WOW. $12M for Amir Johnson.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  3:40 PM

The types of deals Boston is doing is honestly the types of deals the Knicks should be looking for.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  3:45 PM
¿ △ ?
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/1/2015  3:53 PM
5 years 25 million will look like a rookie deal soon
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/1/2015  4:16 PM
5 hours ago - via Twitter GeryWoelfel
wpid-i_1f_05_a1_wesley_matthews.jpg
Gery Woelfel: Told @Wesley Matthews has keen interest in the Knickerbockers and vice versa.
Free Agency, Wesley Matthews, New York Knicks
ES
Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy