[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/1/2015  12:50 PM
MS wrote:Done deal. Execs now operating as if LA is signing with the spurs.

He's going there. You play with Green, Leonard, Parker, Duncan, Manu and through LA into the mix that's just insane.

If you're Deandre Jordan, why stay in the western conference when you have the spurs, warriors, grizzles, NOLA, thunder to tango with. You go to the East and dominate against mediocre teams.

I do think the Knicks best chance at this point may actually be DeAndre Jordan. They clearly blew it with Monroe.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/1/2015  12:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:

He's going there. You play with Green, Leonard, Parker, Duncan, Manu and through LA into the mix that's just insane.

If you're Deandre Jordan, why stay in the western conference when you have the spurs, warriors, grizzles, NOLA, thunder to tango with. You go to the East and dominate against mediocre teams.

I do think the Knicks best chance at this point may actually be DeAndre Jordan. They clearly blew it with Monroe.

i like him better than monroe anyway, but seriously do we even have a chance?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  12:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  12:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

i like him better than monroe anyway, but seriously do we even have a chance?

Sounds like the Mavs are the frontrunners. Then maybe the Lakers.

Knicks are in trouble.

¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/1/2015  1:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:They clearly blew it with Monroe.

Dude, you've posted this like a million times and we have not heard one iota of a tweet, article to even suggest this.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:03 PM
martin wrote:

Dude, you've posted this like a million times and we have not heard one iota of a tweet, article to even suggest this.

Okay, I'll stop. I'm not optimistic right now though.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2015  1:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can't believe SA does this without a verbal agreement from Aldridge.

I can't believe you think if you don't know, it don't exist!
Same for others melting down, the assumption is we are in on all the players.

Fans don't know anything. Only what Media feeds us. My take is SAS got a verbal on "If you can offer max, we'll come".
Lets see. Can't just dump Splitter based on "Confidence".

The fear over monroe is also over stated. We asked to take less based on a logical scenario. It would make sense for the player to be involved. If he wants the money, that might be cool too.
For all we know Monroe might be very much intent on winning AND getting paid and we can't offer both.

Whats LA got anyway? Kobe is shot, Russell is not a lock to be a star at age 19, Randle is a rookie so Lakes are not "winning" just yet either in the west.

Portland is not a playoff team without LMA. Not a playoff team with him either.
There are many factors but I doubt Dolan is the problem here, or our record last year. Its about money and culture.

Nalod
USA
7/1/2015  1:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:

"Clearly"? Really?

Nalod
USA
7/1/2015  1:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

My hair isn't that long.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/1/2015  1:30 PM
Man, watching all these free agents getting taken while we stand pat is exactly how those of us who didn't marry felt in our late 20s
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:34 PM

¿ △ ?
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2015  1:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:Man, watching all these free agents getting taken while we stand pat is exactly how those of us who didn't marry felt in our late 20s

Interesting....I got married at 29

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
7/1/2015  1:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

My hair isn't that long.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2015  1:37 PM
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

My hair isn't that long.

I'm not panicking, just disappointed that the Knicks have misread the market so badly.

Asking Monroe to take less in an environment where every contract signed this summer is automatically a discounted deal in two years was crazy.

The Bulls had Melo last summer and then only offered him $78M - these guys look at getting lowballed as an insult.

If the reports about asking Monroe to take less are true, they seriously misfired.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2015  1:40 PM

KNicks may have to wait until the Clips cut Green to get him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
7/1/2015  1:51 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
martin wrote:

My hair isn't that long.

I'm not panicking, just disappointed that the Knicks have misread the market so badly.

Asking Monroe to take less in an environment where every contract signed this summer is automatically a discounted deal in two years was crazy.

The Bulls had Melo last summer and then only offered him $78M - these guys look at getting lowballed as an insult.

If the reports about asking Monroe to take less are true, they seriously misfired.

They asked. Neogtiatinos are painting pictures. If they paint one where monroe takes a Temparary cut, to be made up later say after an opt out then its about the average over the longer term.
If they said no, its on the knicks to counter with a higher number or take a pass. Your under the assumption knicks asked, then Monroe got offended and knicks blew thir chance.

It is reasonable to say the knicks would have said, if your interested in being here go get offers and we'll match it, but here is a scenario by which we can compete more NOW and you'll get your money if you want.

Now, I don't know anymore than you do but your making assumptions based on incomplete information. Im trying to paint a reasonable scenario. Odds are knicks don't land him but its not becuase the knicks are clueless. They have the money and they have a plan. We just don't know what it is do we? If we did, so would the other teams they are trying to posture against.

crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:56 PM

5yr $70M for Khris Middleton is such a freaking steal.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/1/2015  1:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
They asked. Neogtiatinos are painting pictures. If they paint one where monroe takes a Temparary cut, to be made up later say after an opt out then its about the average over the longer term.
If they said no, its on the knicks to counter with a higher number or take a pass. Your under the assumption knicks asked, then Monroe got offended and knicks blew thir chance.

It is reasonable to say the knicks would have said, if your interested in being here go get offers and we'll match it, but here is a scenario by which we can compete more NOW and you'll get your money if you want.

Now, I don't know anymore than you do but your making assumptions based on incomplete information. Im trying to paint a reasonable scenario. Odds are knicks don't land him but its not becuase the knicks are clueless. They have the money and they have a plan. We just don't know what it is do we? If we did, so would the other teams they are trying to posture against.

There's no need to posture against other teams. Every team can offer the same max deal. You need to sell him on a vision. Maybe Phil did that. But to offer less money than any other team he talks to is not how you close a deal. They left it open for Portland or the Lakers, who both have better rosters in place, to close the deal.

¿ △ ?
Official Free Agency Hot Stove thread - moves and rumors from others teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy