61 56 34.9 6.1-13.1 .465 0.3-0.9 .302 3.8-5.1 .747

STL BLK TO PF OFF DEF TOT AST PTS
1.41 0.6 3.2 2.3 1.4 2.7 4.0 4.5 16.2

JC's #'s last season:
G GS MIN FG FG% 3P 3P% FT FT%
80 73 35.1 6.4-16.5 .386 2.1-6.5 .317 2.5-3.0 .833

STL BLK TO PF OFF DEF TOT AST PTS
1.39 0.4 2.4 2.0 0.6 3.0 3.5 5.1 17.3

why is a comparison so out of the question? JC's turnovers to assist ratio is better than Wade's FYI...Wade has a higher FG%...other than those 2 categories i don't see where you would say that Wade is just so much better & can't be used as a comparison here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
fahkyu911
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #343
7/9/2004  12:38 PM
do u actually watch the nba or do u just look at stats. wade helps his team win, crawford pads his stats on a bad team. oh and wade was a rookie, i know crawfords still young but hes been in the league for a while now.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/9/2004  12:47 PM
spare me the sarcasm...i pointed out the stats only to support my argument that a comparison of the 2 is justified.

[Edited by - TMS on 07/09/2004 13:45:10]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/9/2004  1:43 PM
there are plenty of times that Kobe 'pads his stats' and that's when he is confronted with a situation where the other players aren't there to step up-

Wade's team made the play offs- Was wade the difference? No.

The bulls have sucked for a while now- Crawford's fault? No.

I watched some Bulls games- not a lot- but there were times when Crawford was unstoppable-

Now, if he is on a better team with some complementary talent, his scoring average will possibly go down, but, I am sure his assits will go up along with his shooting percentage.

I tend to think there is one stat you can look at to determine a players shooting ability and its free throw percentage.

Yes, Crawfords FG & 3pt %s stink relatively speaking, but how often was he on the court and left with a bad shot because the team offense sucked? And yes, there would have been times where Crawford probably said- we're going to loose unless I step up and have a huge night- so I will take shots when I'm 'Feeling It'.

All those bad shots are going to go away.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/9/2004  2:02 PM
I actually watched about 50% of bulls games last year, crawford can be a beast, he is one of those guys who can get his shot off on anyone, sort of like vince carter, he is a legitimate scoring threat and can cause havoc on defenses, with he and marbury on the floor at the same time, there is no team, and I am stating this for the record, no team that can contain those two... Teams will have to prepare for the knicks backcourt like they do for great players like Garnett, shaq, Kobe, etc..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
trueknicksfan
Member: #646
7/9/2004  2:07 PM
Posted by franco12:

there are plenty of times that Kobe 'pads his stats' and that's when he is confronted with a situation where the other players aren't there to step up-

Wade's team made the play offs- Was wade the difference? No.

The bulls have sucked for a while now- Crawford's fault? No.

I watched some Bulls games- not a lot- but there were times when Crawford was unstoppable-

Now, if he is on a better team with some complementary talent, his scoring average will possibly go down, but, I am sure his assits will go up along with his shooting percentage.

I tend to think there is one stat you can look at to determine a players shooting ability and its free throw percentage.

Yes, Crawfords FG & 3pt %s stink relatively speaking, but how often was he on the court and left with a bad shot because the team offense sucked? And yes, there would have been times where Crawford probably said- we're going to loose unless I step up and have a huge night- so I will take shots when I'm 'Feeling It'.

All those bad shots are going to go away.

Crawford would be a great addition, I rather have some1 that shoots the ball & doesn't hesitate ... I also think he will get better as he has shown flashes, hopefully he will flourish on the Knicks which i think he will.

[Edited by - trueknicksfan on 07/09/2004 14:08:45]
bernard
Member: #475
7/9/2004  3:57 PM
I'm warming to the Crawford deal. I've said in other posts that I'm not sure we want him given the cost and given his, IMO, lack of basketball smarts, but the cost we're hearing in rumor posts/articles doesn't strike me as too high. Doesn't seem like our expiring contracts are going to buy us that much better. Real risk here is signing Crawford to $10M per plus for 6, 7 years. He may never learn when to pass and when to shoot. But I think there's more chance of teaching him that than of teaching some smart, less talented player how to be a stud. You are one or you're not. And Crawford is one. So seems a worthy risk, especially since no one knows what Houston's got for this season or beyond.

The big Robinson/JYD contracts expire around the time of our other big ugly's, so don't do anything but make a hopeless situation re: FA's more hopeless for the next few years.
looks like the knicks are going to get crawford---i.e Dampier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy