[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

looks like the knicks are going to get crawford---i.e Dampier
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/7/2004  9:48 AM
i think the price will be high, but looking at it from a positive note we are atleast going after YOUNGER athletic players and it is possible that we may field a starting unit with all guys under 30 if we complete this transaction. if we end up giving up TT and KT, it will be at the likelihood that we might not make any playoffs, but again its not about next year to me unless something crazy happens.

Dampier almost HAS to have a sign and trade to get more than 8.5mm he was making, BUT with all the money GS spent on Foyle, it's not plausible financially unless they find another willing partner under the cap. That is why anyone who has the full MLE is not out of the running. its not likely, but there is remote hope.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/7/2004  9:56 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

if we end up giving up TT and KT, it will be at the likelihood that we might not make any playoffs, but again its not about next year to me unless something crazy happens.

i agree. even if we give up a big man and actually take a step back this season (which i don't think will happen), we're still better off in the long run. but the problem is briggs, 95% of the people out there, on these boards, on the streets, and in the papers, would KILL isiah if the knicks win fewer games next season.

from another board, a pretty intelligent bulls fan said that the bulls really need a backup C or a SF more than anything else and they don't really need KT. they all love jyd so they're more likely to move erob. if that's true, then i would try to move nazr + othella/deke for crawford and erob. i would even include frank if they insisted. very simple. if we have to take on BOTH erob and jyd, then they have to take shandon in return.

there's alot of talk about this in the papers which leads me to believe it won't get done but if you look at who's interested in crawford and the type of players/expiring deals that can be dealt for him, we have the best combo of players and ability to absorb contracts.
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/7/2004  10:05 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

we have the best combo of players and ability to absorb contracts.

you said it, indy could offer more but who other than us could accept to take their garbage ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/7/2004  10:24 AM
To me KT is a perfect back up C and that is the position I see him best at--OR if he played starting C with a PF like Garnett. KT can play C in this league very well even undersized.

it seems as if the bulls are willing to do something to dump one OR both of these contracts and we will see just how badly we want carwford in terms of payment of players. lucky we cant trade a pick because it would be gonzo.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/7/2004  10:55 AM
You are absolutely correct. I think that's what some people are forgetting. Sure, shop him around and see what you can get, and if you can get someone real good, pull the trigger. And yes, he is overated as a starter, but when he is a backup, he's pretty darn solid. That is, of course, he doesn't whine like a little child.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fahkyu911
Member: #343
7/7/2004  12:45 PM
jamal crawford is so over rated. he's very streaky and takes crazy shots. i dont think we should give up williams, thomas and our expiring contracts for crawford and more dead weight contract players.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/7/2004  5:46 PM
getting crawford without giving up tt, naz or marbuty is huge. we have three guys in the lineup that are capable of scoring 50 points any given night. not easy to stop. people are upset about possibly getting jerome williams and eddie robinson's contracts. i am looking at it this way. both would be the most athletic players on our roster. williams provide enormous type of energy off the bench. robinson is a wing man who will run well in the fast break. eddie is very talented but his health is the main issue. if he has a healthy season we won't have to worry about consistency from him. remember these players are fairly young which is a main factor.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/7/2004  5:48 PM
I agree that Jamal is definitely overrated, as it seems some people are talking about him like he's a future superstar. But, that doesn't mean he can't be a really good player, in the future. It's up to him, with his work ethic. He can go either way.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/7/2004  6:26 PM
I'd give up not for Jamal but certainly not TT
trueknicksfan
Member: #646
7/7/2004  7:45 PM
lebron was over - rated also look wut happened

Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/7/2004  10:46 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i think the price will be high, but looking at it from a positive note we are atleast going after YOUNGER athletic players and it is possible that we may field a starting unit with all guys under 30 if we complete this transaction. if we end up giving up TT and KT, it will be at the likelihood that we might not make any playoffs, but again its not about next year to me unless something crazy happens.

Dampier almost HAS to have a sign and trade to get more than 8.5mm he was making, BUT with all the money GS spent on Foyle, it's not plausible financially unless they find another willing partner under the cap. That is why anyone who has the full MLE is not out of the running. its not likely, but there is remote hope.

Link?
MX25
Member: #555
USA
7/8/2004  12:25 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Looks like Dampier may be a Wizard. He wants to reunite with ex teammates Hughes,Jamison and Arenas. I read on ESPN Wiz would like to trade Hayes or Jefferies.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/8/2004  2:53 AM
Posted by MX25:

Looks like Dampier may be a Wizard. He wants to reunite with ex teammates Hughes,Jamison and Arenas.

Seeing how arenas and jamison don't like each other at all, I'd surprised if he did his best to join them.
djsunyc
7/8/2004  9:50 AM
back to crawford - a deal is probably already in place. why else would isiah schedule a meeting with him? jc already said the MLE is not enough so the knicks and bulls have to do a sign & trade. if nothing was agreed upon, why would isiah waste time going up there after a week of negotiating? i think it's all up to jamal and exactly how much he wants to decide what the final deal is. (this was brought up by a bulls fan)

some bulls fans are speculating that it's actually penny + fillers for jamal + erob + jyd.

so we absorb BOTH erob and jyd while chicago gets a veteran backup SF/SG to mentor the young guards they have (which is one thing they're looking for along with a backup C).

it's tough to absorb both those guys but the knicks are one of the few teams that can do it. besides, erob comes off the books after next season. jyd is on the books until 07/08 but at least he works hard and hustles. and of course, i think jamal is worth it.

this still leaves us with frank, kurt, and nazr to trade. i would not be surprised if we're still able to acquire toine using kurt and others but that's another post entirely.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 07/08/2004 09:51:01]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2004  9:58 AM
Craw, JYD, and Erobb for Penny and filler would be fantastic for us.

I would suspect Deke would be on that trade. We still need to open up roster spots for what ALES us! Giving up only Deke as a big is nice.

Penny Mentor? Thats too freaking funny.

Just sounds like Rumor stuff, but I would go with it. We need room to sign Demarr and Vin.
djsunyc
7/8/2004  10:07 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Craw, JYD, and Erobb for Penny and filler would be fantastic for us.

I would suspect Deke would be on that trade. We still need to open up roster spots for what ALES us! Giving up only Deke as a big is nice.

Penny Mentor? Thats too freaking funny.

Just sounds like Rumor stuff, but I would go with it. We need room to sign Demarr and Vin.

i'm pretty sure that after this deal, unless shandon is bought out, dermarr is as good as gone. we need a roster spot for ariza and that's it.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  12:05 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I agree that Jamal is definitely overrated, as it seems some people are talking about him like he's a future superstar. But, that doesn't mean he can't be a really good player, in the future. It's up to him, with his work ethic. He can go either way.

he had games of 50, 40+ & 30+ several times last season...why shouldn't people project him to be a future star? he's only 23 years old afterall...put him in w/the right coaches & right system, & he WILL be a star in this league imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fahkyu911
7/8/2004  12:30 PM
did anybody here actually watch bulls games last year. i watched almost all bulls games and i think crawford is over rated. he is a good player but he is no star.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/8/2004  12:38 PM
did you read the part where i said "projected future star"? who said he was a star right now? if you want to get technical, are guys like Dwayne Wade, Quentin Richardson, etc. "stars" right now? no, but people know they have the potential to be, & they have already put up good numbers early on in their careers to demonstrate that...how is JC any different?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fahkyu911
7/8/2004  1:09 PM
crawford shows no signs of fundamentals. he is not a good ball handler. he is a chucker. please dont even compare with d.wade. wade is infinitely better fundamentally. however, q. richardson is a good comparo because he too, along with many others (i.e darius miles)are over-rated because of their athletic ability, rather than their actual ball skills and helping their team win.
looks like the knicks are going to get crawford---i.e Dampier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy