[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vince wants to come to NY...reported by Rick Bucker
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/7/2004  12:16 AM
ok...for everyone who hasn't seen it yet, Bucker's exact words were "Vince wants a trade and he is very specific in where he wants to go. Ideally Vince wants to go to NY to join another ex-Raptor in Isiah Thomas......"

It's on ESPNEWS, and since they replay it, it is on at about 15 minutes after they start the loop (in half hour loops)....
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/7/2004  12:29 AM
Everyone want to come to the Knicks.....

The Knicks are the biggest city and name to hang on to when you are trying to get what you want.

How the heck does that type of deal go down?

We talked about it before.....actually I started a thread on it.

Vince can demand all he wants just like Steve Francis was acting funny about joining Orlando.....you are a slave to the contract so you have to deal with the team you are on good or bad.

If Vince really wants to come to NY I'd love to have him. Knicks need all the help they can get. Vince when healthy is more than just a spot on sports center.....dude can ball.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/7/2004  2:01 AM
From RealGM:

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Vince Carter to NY Rumors Heating Up?
Disgruntled Toronto Raptors superstar Vince Carter has told his agent to inform the team he would like a trade after their recent appointment of GM Pete Babcock. According to Ric Bucher and ESPN, the Knicks are at the top of the list of teams Carter would like to get dealt to.

Some may love Carter, some may hate him, the reality is he's an All-Star and when an All-Star wants to get traded to your team, you trade for him (Jim Dolan probably also sees the money signs that cling to Carter's name. The wet dreams Dolan would have of throwing the "Carter #15" jerseys onto the market.) The Raptors could take this in a few directions: 1) they could rebuild or 2) they could try to get equal value.

If they decide on rebuilding (which is doubtful because late Tuesday night they apparently agreed to a 6-year deal with New York playground legend 'Skip To My Lou', a.k.a. Rafer Alston), they would probably consider a package from the Knicks of Kurt Thomas, Othella Harrington, Cezary Trybanski, Frank Williams, DerMarr Johnson, and future first round draft picks. This is the least likely.

Another deal could be Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas, the Knicks two starting forwards, for Carter and guard Alvin Williams. Though Williams has a big deal and doesn't have a definite position, Isiah has always had an affinity towards players who could play either guard spot, something Williams can do quite well. This alone, combined with Tim Thomas' alienation from his teammates following his bizarre "fugazy" comments during last year's first round massacre, could make this the most likely combination. With Carter's stock so low following another injury-plagued season, it is doubtful they would be able to get two starting players for him, not to mention a team willing to take their worst contract (Williams). If the Knicks could find a player capable of playing the power forward (or if Mike Sweetney is ready to step in), this might be the best deal. The Knicks still have a solid guard rotation of Marbury, Houston, and the Williamses (Frank and Alvin), Vinsanity and Penny at the small forward, and a few mediocre frontcourt players left (Sweetney, Mohammed, Baker, Mutumbo, Harrington).

A third possibility which hasn't been rumored but is logical is a sign-and-trade, with Jamal Crawford and possibly Kurt Thomas going to Toronto, Carter and a bad contract from the Bulls (Jerome Williams?) coming to the Knicks, and expiring contracts (Donyell Marshall and Morris Peterson from the Raptors; Mutumbo, Harrington, and Trybanski from the Knicks) going to the Bulls.

Things should get interesting after the FA signing period ends July 14th and the Knicks conclude their summer league, which begins on July 10th.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/7/2004  2:17 AM
everyone wants to come to New York the question is can we pay them?
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/7/2004  2:46 AM
they don't care. Everybody looooove new york, and then the same people stick to their old team cause they could have a bigger paycheck. everybody looooove money.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/7/2004  2:49 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

everyone wants to come to New York the question is can we pay them?

And do the Knicks have the assets to acquire these players? The answer is almost always no to both questions.
fahkyu911
Member: #343
7/7/2004  12:28 PM
newsday says the raptors want marbury and the knicks won't give him up. they better not give up steph for an injury prone carter.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/7/2004  9:10 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Everyone want to come to the Knicks.....

The Knicks are the biggest city and name to hang on to when you are trying to get what you want.

How the heck does that type of deal go down?

We talked about it before.....actually I started a thread on it.

Vince can demand all he wants just like Steve Francis was acting funny about joining Orlando.....you are a slave to the contract so you have to deal with the team you are on good or bad.

If Vince really wants to come to NY I'd love to have him. Knicks need all the help they can get. Vince when healthy is more than just a spot on sports center.....dude can ball.

all of a sudden, out of the clear blue vc wants to be traded ?
vc is a franchise player that has given up instead of trying to convince management improvement is down the road. at least francis pulled hard to get yao and then sacrificed half his game under vg while relinquishing the franchise to yao.....vc dont even come close
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/7/2004  9:23 PM
I think giving up TT and KT is a good trade for, and a really bad trade for the Raptors, if they want to do, great, go aheahd. But it sounds more like a pipedream to me. Sure, why not trade a soft player w/out a real position and an aging high paid solid starter at best for a 28 year old superstar?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/7/2004  11:25 PM
Do we have to take VC's mother?

Perhaps Isiah can service her and keep her happy!

A GM gotta take one for the team!
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
7/7/2004  11:57 PM
GM Pete Bab****

lol his last named was censored

i would love to have this guy on the knicks, he would bring so much more excitement to the garden, **** with vince and marb running fast break the garden would be eletrifying.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/8/2004  2:55 AM

Source: Vince demands Raptors trade him

(http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1835919)

ESPN.com news services
A week later and Vince Carter still wants out of Toronto.

ESPN's David Aldridge reported Wednesday that a league source close to the situation says Carter is still seeking a trade, in part because Carter was promised a say in management decisions after last season and feels the team has reneged on that promise.

The strife stems from a meeting Carter apparently had with senior members of the Raptors organization and of the team's parent company, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, at the end of the regular season. According to the source, Carter was told at that meeting that he would be part of the franchise's search for a new general manager and coach, but Carter was not consulted before the team hired Rob Babcock to be its GM. Babcock then hired Sam Mitchell in late June to be the team's head coach.

The source claims that Carter's gripe is with the team and its process, not the new GM or coach.

"This has nothing to do with Rob Babcock," the source said. "This isn't Rob Babcock versus Dr. J (Carter had said in May that he wanted the Raptors to consider Julius Erving for the GM position). This is about the process, and how they've treated Vince."

Last Thursday, Aldridge reported that Carter had requested a trade after reportedly expressing displeasure with Babcock's hiring and with the selection of Rafael Arajuo with the No. 8 pick in last month's NBA draft.

"He wants out desperately," a source said last week. "He doesn't like the direction of the team."

The Raptors have been adamant that they have no plans or desire to trade Carter, who has been a fan favorite in Canada since being traded from the Golden State Warriors on draft night in 1998.

"He's a marquee player, and he puts fans in the seats," Babcock said last week. "The only way we trade him is if we get something similar back."

That will fuel even more stupid trade proposals.
we're cursed
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/8/2004  8:54 PM
briggs your arajou pick made so much sense it pissed the f*** out of carter. your rationale and player selection is just too petty for the franchise comprehension level. hey, nice pick although
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Vince wants to come to NY...reported by Rick Bucker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy