Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
5/24/2015  10:05 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:When you watch these games you see how defense on the perimeter is important..Shump shut down Korver..Houston misses Patrick Beverly..What works in the regular season won't necessarily work in the playoffs..Your team has to be playoff ready..Health means everything, so you might have to pace your team..Matchups means everything as well..GS does it all..Offense and defense..

this is what i said during the 54-win season. good to see you admit that "a win is a win" for the regular season is patently false. way to finally man up and admit you were wrong.

U are just sad..Taking my statement and twisting it to your benefit..Didn't I expose you for saying just that, "a win is a win"???, I can find it like I did with your 3-7 seed comment..U really want to try and pin that on me???..And who ever said "a win is win" in the regular season as it pertains to the playoffs..Another one of your made up concoctions...When are you going to approach this like a man with integrity??

yes please do spend your time looking up the quote you want to expose me with and when you do, chief, try this time to discern whether i was being ironic/sarcastic at the time. you seem to lack the gene for subtlety but there's no time like the present to train you. the post went way way WAY over your head. breathtaking obtuseness.

and if you want to compare our integrity indeces as well... well, lets just say you've piled up way too many <crickets> and <bullfrogs> for that but hey please go right ahead. gametime isn't until 8 or so and i've got all day pending a few obligations.

and lets re-examine the 3-7 seed thing as well.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/24/2015  10:10 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:When you watch these games you see how defense on the perimeter is important..Shump shut down Korver..Houston misses Patrick Beverly..What works in the regular season won't necessarily work in the playoffs..Your team has to be playoff ready..Health means everything, so you might have to pace your team..Matchups means everything as well..GS does it all..Offense and defense..

this is what i said during the 54-win season. good to see you admit that "a win is a win" for the regular season is patently false. way to finally man up and admit you were wrong.

U are just sad..Taking my statement and twisting it to your benefit..Didn't I expose you for saying just that, "a win is a win"???, I can find it like I did with your 3-7 seed comment..U really want to try and pin that on me???..And who ever said "a win is win" in the regular season as it pertains to the playoffs..Another one of your made up concoctions...When are you going to approach this like a man with integrity??

yes please do spend your time looking up the quote you want to expose me with and when you do, chief, try this time to discern whether i was being ironic/sarcastic at the time. you seem to lack the gene for subtlety but there's no time like the present to train you. the post went way way WAY over your head. breathtaking obtuseness.

and if you want to compare our integrity indeces as well... well, lets just say you've piled up way too many <crickets> and <bullfrogs> for that but hey please go right ahead. gametime isn't until 8 or so and i've got all day pending a few obligations.

and lets re-examine the 3-7 seed thing as well.

I just posted it in this thread..
holfresh

5/24/2015  10:21 AM
I wasn't even trolling but caught you like a fish...

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
USA

4/19/2015 12:15 AM

holfresh wrote:

dk7th wrote:

holfresh wrote:
Harden is 4-11fg and 1-5 from three but people here will tell it it's an efficient night and he is doing great..

his team is winning and he is shooting at a 60%TS clip, while dishing out 10 assists. you need to accept the fact that drawing fouls is an elite skill because it involves an arsenal of head and ball fakes and changes of speed that keeps a defender guessing. in the playoffs drawing fouls is even more crucial, along with shot selection. getting to the line is part of the tightening up of a player's game that you want to see.

we won't know until tomorrow what the ratio of his usage to assist rate is but the likelihood is that it will be 1:1 or perhaps .80:1. he hurt his team last year when this ratio veered wildly from his regular-season ratio.

I'm sure you enjoyed the defense he has been playing tonight as well....

a win is a win

dk7th
USA
5/24/2015  10:24 AM
here is the box score from that game:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400790914

here is the advanced box score from that game-- note the usage/ast ratio and the TS%-- he was the de facto point guard and shooting guard. an mvp-level performance. he also did not hurt his team on defense but brewer certainly did.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504180HOU.html#HOU_advanced::none

here is the exchange you cited, properly formatted-- note the lack of a period in my statement.... usually a sign of sarcasm and irony among netizens. also recall the statement is made with relation to a playoff game, not a regular-season game. now do you understand, jiminy?

holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Harden is 4-11fg and 1-5 from three but people here will tell it it's an efficient night and he is doing great..

his team is winning and he is shooting at a 60%TS clip, while dishing out 10 assists. you need to accept the fact that drawing fouls is an elite skill because it involves an arsenal of head and ball fakes and changes of speed that keeps a defender guessing. in the playoffs drawing fouls is even more crucial, along with shot selection. getting to the line is part of the tightening up of a player's game that you want to see.

we won't know until tomorrow what the ratio of his usage to assist rate is but the likelihood is that it will be 1:1 or perhaps .80:1. he hurt his team last year when this ratio veered wildly from his regular-season ratio.

a win is a win

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
VCoug
Member: #1406

5/24/2015  10:30 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Where the heck would you play Willie stein other than back up c?

If LAC and DeAndre Jordan had made it this far would you still be asking this question?

Just like Chris webber said willie stein is not deandre Jordan he's 25 pounds lighter and no where near the rebounder

According to sports-reference.com, DeAndre's playing weight in college was 250; WCS's is 240. And, Jordan was also nowhere near the rebound he is now. His TRB% hovered right around 18% for his first 5 seasons before jumping over 20% the last two. Doesn't mean we should take WCS with our pick, that would be ****ing crazy, but he clearly has a place in the league and would be a starter on many teams.

D.J. was also younger when he came out so who knows how much more he weighed. I'm not a big WCS can but I think he has a place in the league. It's also not about weight but strength, timing, and skills. Like vcoug, I wouldn't take him number 4 though.

Only about 2 years younger though.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

5/24/2015  10:35 AM
Stein's absolute potential in the league is that of Noah, and I don't see that developing.

You're looking at a 6ppg 7rbg big man who will be able to defend multiple positions.

Again, not worth a lottery pick.

holfresh

5/24/2015  10:38 AM
dk7th wrote:here is the box score from that game:

here is the advanced box score from that game-- note the usage/ast ratio and the TS%-- he was the de facto point guard and shooting guard. an mvp-level performance. he also did not hurt his team on defense but brewer certainly did.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504180HOU.html#HOU_advanced::none

here is the exchange you cited, properly formatted-- note the lack of a period in my statement.... usually a sign of sarcasm and irony among netizens. also recall the statement is made with relation to a playoff game, not a regular-season game. now do you understand, jiminy?

holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Harden is 4-11fg and 1-5 from three but people here will tell it it's an efficient night and he is doing great..

a win is a win

U have no shame..

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
5/24/2015  10:39 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Vmart wrote:When you watch these teams you get an appreciation for the showtime Lakers and how they were able to utilize a center. The next team that learns to do that will dominate.

LOL - you mean the greatest scorer in NBA history? Yes - teams need to learn how to find that guy.

These systems would make Pat Ewing, Hakeem, Robinson look like innocent bystanders. Can you imagine how little use Kareem would get today.

VCoug
Member: #1406

5/24/2015  10:46 AM
Vmart wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Vmart wrote:When you watch these teams you get an appreciation for the showtime Lakers and how they were able to utilize a center. The next team that learns to do that will dominate.

LOL - you mean the greatest scorer in NBA history? Yes - teams need to learn how to find that guy.

These systems would make Pat Ewing, Hakeem, Robinson look like innocent bystanders. Can you imagine how little use Kareem would get today.

It has nothing to do with the system. Colleges aren't producing those type of skilled big men anymore so the NBA has to adapt. Is Duncan an innocent bystander on the Spurs?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
holfresh

5/24/2015  10:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2015  10:48 AM
Vmart wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I don't believe that at all..I think they would be big time impact players..Kareem had an unstoppable sky hook..Also a great passer, a great spot up shooter..Kareem was shooting close to 60% from the field with 5 ast per...And he was legit shooting not like Chandler and Jordan dunking...

Adridge and Gasol are all stars today..They aren't even close to what Ewing and Hakeem was...

dk7th
USA
5/24/2015  11:09 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:here is the box score from that game:

holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

a win is a win

U have no shame..

it's either that or you're truly a dunce

holfresh

5/24/2015  12:34 PM
Vmart wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

This Hakeem???

This Kareem??

RonRon
Member: #246
5/24/2015  1:55 PM
How a player develops has a lot of factors in addition to their "potential"

Work ethic
*distraction in NYC with pressure*
System/Coach/chemistry
Other players that push each other along with mentors
Many talents stop putting in the work after seeing some success and Curry puts a lot of work into his craft that we do not see

Noah was drafted to be a role player, he had veteran talents like Deng, Ben Wallace, along with hard working players like Hinrich, and a good development staff
He did NOTHING his rookie year but by year 2 and 3, he improved in all area's after working hard on the court and off the court, in the gym, and for a couple of seasons was a TOP TIER Center in the league

Blake Griffen and Jordan both put a lot of work into their development and in the gym
However, it wasn't until CP3 joined to team in addition to Doc Rivers, that helped their development mentally and BB IQ to another level

I am not saying WCS will be better than Chandler and Jordan
However, as a student of the game, he has the ability to learn of their strengths/weakness's, and improve his game like they did, but at a faster rate if he puts the work in
At the very least, I think he will become a young version of Chandler with more athleticism, speed, quickness, and better OFF game if he puts in the work to do so
And NO, I am not pushing to draft him at #4 overall either...

When you watch these playoff teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy