[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When you watch these playoff teams
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2015  10:40 PM
Where the heck would you play Willie stein other than back up c?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
jamp
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3163

5/23/2015  10:57 PM
When I watch these playoff teams....I don't understand why you want Okafor over Russell or Mudiay...
VCoug
Member: #1406

5/23/2015  11:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Where the heck would you play Willie stein other than back up c?

If LAC and DeAndre Jordan had made it this far would you still be asking this question?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/23/2015  11:08 PM
jamp wrote:When I watch these playoff teams....I don't understand why you want Okafor over Russell or Mudiay...

+1

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
5/23/2015  11:14 PM
VCoug wrote:

If LAC and DeAndre Jordan had made it this far would you still be asking this question?

Just like Chris webber said willie stein is not deandre Jordan he's 25 pounds lighter and no where near the rebounder

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/23/2015  11:15 PM
jamp wrote:When I watch these playoff teams....I don't understand why you want Okafor over Russell or Mudiay...

Okafor is a unique offensive skill player who will fit in very well in the nba imho

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/23/2015  11:19 PM
When you watch these teams you get an appreciation for the showtime Lakers and how they were able to utilize a center. The next team that learns to do that will dominate.
VCoug
Member: #1406

5/23/2015  11:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Just like Chris webber said willie stein is not deandre Jordan he's 25 pounds lighter and no where near the rebounder

According to sports-reference.com, DeAndre's playing weight in college was 250; WCS's is 240. And, Jordan was also nowhere near the rebound he is now. His TRB% hovered right around 18% for his first 5 seasons before jumping over 20% the last two. Doesn't mean we should take WCS with our pick, that would be ****ing crazy, but he clearly has a place in the league and would be a starter on many teams.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/23/2015  11:36 PM

If D-Jordan and T-Chandler can have solid careers as legit centers what in the hell is stopping WCS from being an impact player? are guys like Bogut and Mozgov really that much different? Neither are counted on to score and both are expected to defend, rebound and protect the rim - same as WCS.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
5/23/2015  11:39 PM
When I watch these playoffs it just reminds me we have no threes Phil on our watch. Dude should have apologized to the new NBA.
LivingLegend

5/23/2015  11:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Jesus - Briggs you reach more than any poster on any board. You just pull crap out. Was Jordan the same weight when he came into the league? Bogut? Chandler? - it's called maturation, NBA strength programs, etc.

WCS is an ELITE athlete and the defensive player of the year - let's ignore those points.

LivingLegend

5/23/2015  11:41 PM
Vmart wrote:When you watch these teams you get an appreciation for the showtime Lakers and how they were able to utilize a center. The next team that learns to do that will dominate.

LOL - you mean the greatest scorer in NBA history? Yes - teams need to learn how to find that guy.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/24/2015  12:14 AM

when I watch these playoffs, I realize how desperately we lack franchise impacting talent and how absolutely absurd people are to suggest we trade our pick or trade back.

My hope is Mudiay is a keeper, and turns into an all star.

Also, watching Stephen Curry I remember how the Knicks won games the year he came out and ended up missing him. And I worry the same has happened this year.

I see teams that have managed to build splendid rosters, and I think how absolutely putrid the Knicks have been for the last 15 years.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/24/2015  2:08 AM
The Playoffs reveal truth. We go in with notions and opinions of who is the best but in the end a 7 game series will show you the truth. Steph Curry makes me sad just thinking how close we were to getting him. He's gotten even better than I thought he would be. He's reached a level that is almost unbelievable. We can't just fabricate that kind of talent out of nothing. All we can do is hope to be fortunate enough to get a top talent and build a great team. It's hard work and you have to get lucky too.

Lebron and Steph are clearly the Elite of the Elite right now. The NBA is like the Arms Race. If you don't have your own Nuclear weapon you have no chance. The Knicks need a real weapon and I hope and pray we can add one in this draft. Curry wasn't even a top 5 pick!!! Blake Griffin #1 and Harden #3 were taken ahead of Curry #7. In the end it's not so much about draft position, as it is the upside of the player. How hard is it to predict a Steph Curry? You'd need a crystal ball to have predicted MVP for Curry.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/24/2015  6:57 AM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
VCoug wrote:

According to sports-reference.com, DeAndre's playing weight in college was 250; WCS's is 240. And, Jordan was also nowhere near the rebound he is now. His TRB% hovered right around 18% for his first 5 seasons before jumping over 20% the last two. Doesn't mean we should take WCS with our pick, that would be ****ing crazy, but he clearly has a place in the league and would be a starter on many teams.

D.J. was also younger when he came out so who knows how much more he weighed. I'm not a big WCS can but I think he has a place in the league. It's also not about weight but strength, timing, and skills. Like vcoug, I wouldn't take him number 4 though.

BRIGGS
5/24/2015  7:41 AM
I should've said I don't see playing two bigs who will clog the lane. First off I don't see Stein as. Jordan. His rebounding skills are not on the same level.But worse I don't see the guy as a passer and if we do get Monroe his position from a high pick will be back up c for years. We can't play Stein and Monroe together won't work
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/24/2015  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/24/2015  9:04 AM
When you watch these games you see how defense on the perimeter is important..Shump shut down Korver..Houston misses Patrick Beverly..What works in the regular season won't necessarily work in the playoffs..Your team has to be playoff ready..Health means everything, so you might have to pace your team..Matchups means everything as well..GS does it all..Offense and defense..
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
5/24/2015  9:39 AM
holfresh wrote:When you watch these games you see how defense on the perimeter is important..Shump shut down Korver..Houston misses Patrick Beverly..What works in the regular season won't necessarily work in the playoffs..Your team has to be playoff ready..Health means everything, so you might have to pace your team..Matchups means everything as well..GS does it all..Offense and defense..

this is what i said during the 54-win season. good to see you admit that "a win is a win" for the regular season is patently false. way to finally man up and admit you were wrong.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

5/24/2015  9:46 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:When you watch these games you see how defense on the perimeter is important..Shump shut down Korver..Houston misses Patrick Beverly..What works in the regular season won't necessarily work in the playoffs..Your team has to be playoff ready..Health means everything, so you might have to pace your team..Matchups means everything as well..GS does it all..Offense and defense..

this is what i said during the 54-win season. good to see you admit that "a win is a win" for the regular season is patently false. way to finally man up and admit you were wrong.

U are just sad..Taking my statement and twisting it to your benefit..Didn't I expose you for saying just that, "a win is a win"???, I can find it like I did with your 3-7 seed comment..U really want to try and pin that on me???..And who ever said "a win is win" in the regular season as it pertains to the playoffs..Another one of your made up concoctions...When are you going to approach this like a man with integrity??

holfresh

5/24/2015  9:59 AM
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA

4/19/2015 12:15 AM

holfresh wrote:

dk7th wrote:

holfresh wrote:
Harden is 4-11fg and 1-5 from three but people here will tell it it's an efficient night and he is doing great..

his team is winning and he is shooting at a 60%TS clip, while dishing out 10 assists. you need to accept the fact that drawing fouls is an elite skill because it involves an arsenal of head and ball fakes and changes of speed that keeps a defender guessing. in the playoffs drawing fouls is even more crucial, along with shot selection. getting to the line is part of the tightening up of a player's game that you want to see.

we won't know until tomorrow what the ratio of his usage to assist rate is but the likelihood is that it will be 1:1 or perhaps .80:1. he hurt his team last year when this ratio veered wildly from his regular-season ratio.

I'm sure you enjoyed the defense he has been playing tonight as well....

a win is a win

When you watch these playoff teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy