[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Corey Brewer
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/23/2015  8:02 AM
This 29 yr old wing has played a big role with the Rockets success this yr. He started off with Minnesota where he was forced to play several positions (even PG) due to their injuries. People forget he had a 51 pt game that came out of no where. He has a $5 mill player option next yr but might be looking to cash in for more since: this will probably be his last big contract and he knows he has earned it with his play. This might be a little bit of a long shot however because he LOVES his rockets team and he LOVES McHale who drafted him

Strengths
- MOTOR - probably the best motor in the whole league
- excellent coast to coast greyhound in transition
- underrated shooter - especially from the corner
- vet presence with winning experience
- durable - despite being one of the skinniest players in the league

Weaknesses
- overplays passing lanes (pseudo-defense); puts his team in 4 vs 5 handicap
- erratic shooter but improved
- IQ!?!?! one of these explosive athletes who gets fooled often (A.Rivers)
- wants to get paid - maybe a little more than he should be

Overall
- would be a nice addition to the knicks as a role player
- could even start at SG and leave Hardaway on the bench
- might be a long shot since i think he will stay in Houston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J03wtcrTF0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ban61zGL-v4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miiV6JZGO7c

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/23/2015  10:38 AM
Another player we had and gave up unnecessarily- this one stings because we just let him walk despite our roster being decimated in the Melo trade
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/23/2015  10:57 AM
smackeddog wrote:Another player we had and gave up unnecessarily- this one stings because we just let him walk despite our roster being decimated in the Melo trade

Don;t think he wanted to stay in NY, and MDA was not a fan, if I remember correctly.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2015  11:07 AM
smackeddog wrote:Another player we had and gave up unnecessarily- this one stings because we just let him walk despite our roster being decimated in the Melo trade
Yep. Ned brought up two former Knicks. Dropping Brewer for nothing haunts me though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/23/2015  11:33 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Don;t think he wanted to stay in NY, and MDA was not a fan, if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly cause Brewer played defense and MDA wanted nothing to do with defense.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/23/2015  11:35 AM
Letting Brewer go for nothing was absolutely one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Not to mention that was right after the Melo trade when our entire roster was basically empty. Brewer should've been starting for us.
¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/23/2015  12:11 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

You remember correctly cause Brewer played defense and MDA wanted nothing to do with defense.

Ha, yep- as soon as we got him, D'Antoni said "defense? Get that **** out of here!"

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/23/2015  12:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Ha, yep- as soon as we got him, D'Antoni said "defense? Get that **** out of here!"

Cruel...very cruel.

Had more to do with his outside game, by the way. Under 30% from the 3, and we all know that MDA's wings had to be able to spread the floor.

He was a nice piece on that good Denver team.

Out of control at times, but he's one of those fierce competitors you always want on your team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  12:59 PM
to Mr Pringles defense, at that time Brewer was considered a bust and even on Dallas didnt do much. he kinda resurrected his career
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Corey Brewer

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy