[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kostas Papanikolaou
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  7:34 AM
I'm a basketball junkie that watches all levels: NBA, NCAA, and even some HS basketball. One of the blessings of last yrs depressing knicks season was it forced me to watch other teams on NBA League pass. The only basketball I cant stomach is the D-League because they dont play defense. Needless to say, I think I can hold my own with BRIGGS, RonRon, Finestrg and other intelligent posters who have thrown out suggestions for the knicks. Here is the first of two candidates.

This 6-9 24yr old Greek small forward was brought in by the Rockets last summer to help with their depth. The problem was he had some nagging injuries that forced him to miss time. By the time he returned the Rockets had added Corey Brewer, Josh Smith and later KJ McDaniels (more on the Rockets and their gluttony of forwards later). Towards the end of the yr, he was relegated to scrub duties. He makes 5mill with a TEAM OPTION and with the depth the rockets have at this position, I dont think he will be with the Rockets next yr

Heres a little scouting report:

Strenghts
- excellent passer; would fit in the ball movement triangle system
- European player; which is probably why hes a great passer
- works hard, hustles; crowd pleaser

Weaknesses
- nice stroke but streaky
- cant create his own shot
- minus defender but compensates with good instincts

Overall
- good fit the triangle and moving the ball
- cheap pickup with youth and upside
- used to the Big lights in the Euro league
- HUNGRY to succeed; otherwise its most likely back to europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13v3FL0aPnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PONCp-vHkUc

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/23/2015  10:35 AM
callmened wrote:I'm a basketball junkie that watches all levels: NBA, NCAA, and even some HS basketball. One of the blessings of last yrs depressing knicks season was it forced me to watch other teams on NBA League pass. The only basketball I cant stomach is the D-League because they dont play defense. Needless to say, I think I can hold my own with BRIGGS, RonRon, Finestrg and other intelligent posters who have thrown out suggestions for the knicks. Here is the first of two candidates.

This 6-9 24yr old Greek small forward was brought in by the Rockets last summer to help with their depth. The problem was he had some nagging injuries that forced him to miss time. By the time he returned the Rockets had added Corey Brewer, Josh Smith and later KJ McDaniels (more on the Rockets and their gluttony of forwards later). Towards the end of the yr, he was relegated to scrub duties. He makes 5mill with a TEAM OPTION and with the depth the rockets have at this position, I dont think he will be with the Rockets next yr

Heres a little scouting report:

Strenghts
- excellent passer; would fit in the ball movement triangle system
- European player; which is probably why hes a great passer
- works hard, hustles; crowd pleaser

Weaknesses
- nice stroke but streaky
- cant create his own shot
- minus defender but compensates with good instincts

Overall
- good fit the triangle and moving the ball
- cheap pickup with youth and upside
- used to the Big lights in the Euro league
- HUNGRY to succeed; otherwise its most likely back to europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13v3FL0aPnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PONCp-vHkUc

The tragic thing is he would be a great fit for the triangle, we even drafted him, but then traded his rights for Felton (when we could have just signed Lin and not given up any assets).

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

5/23/2015  10:55 AM
Did not get to see him play, but would look at box scores to see how he was doing because of his link to the Knicks via the draft.

I had thought he was a better shooter, and had a reputation for being so.

I seem to recall being impressed with his assist numbers at times.

Just looked at his game log- he played good minutes, about 25MPG over the first 19 games for the Rockets and they were 15-4. Averaged over 3 APG, 4 RPG, and had 1 SPG. Shooting was poor, though, and he could not even get over 30% from the 3.

I think he was injured in early December, or some other change took place, and his minutes were minimal after that, even after he got healthy.

Don't know where he would fit in given his position and skills set, but for me he showed enough to get looked at. You would think that if he was a FA, he would take a look at the NYC area because of our Greek population.

I believe that if you look at as many as possible, and some are bound to stick. If Jackson and Fisher see something in his game, I would give him a look.

He is a smart, team oriented player. If he had the choice, I wonder if he would come here or look elsewhere for a spot on a more successful team than ours.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
callmened

5/23/2015  11:57 AM
I'm a big fan of "Big Poppa". I think he could be a smart role player off the bench
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
callmened

5/23/2015  11:57 AM
I'm a big fan of "Big Poppa". I think he could be a smart role player off the bench
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/23/2015  12:08 PM
Rockets may look to trade him, if they need cap space to sign a free agent- his salary is $4 or $5mil
callmened

5/23/2015  12:43 PM
and its a team option. so they just might decide to let him go. i dont think they were too impressed with him
Kostas Papanikolaou

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy