[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

FA - how about Roy Hibbert?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/22/2015  10:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2015  10:03 PM
The Pacers are cutting ties with Hibbert. He was a defensive monster who made Tyson look like Swiss cheese.

I'm in favor of building something of a power team with Melo. Winslow or Mudiay fit that mold to me. So does Hibbert. And Monroe could fit in well next to Hibbert.

How about this lineup?

PG - Galloway / Shved
SG - Justice Winslow
SF - Melo
PF - Greg Monroe ($15M)
C - Roy Hibbert ($12M)

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/22/2015  10:09 PM
Do the Knicks get a #1 pick from Indy for taking on Gilbert?
crzymdups
USA
5/22/2015  10:12 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Do the Knicks get a #1 pick from Indy for taking on Gilbert?

Who's Gilbert?

¿ △ ?
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

5/22/2015  10:17 PM
I don't know about that....he doesn't fit
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/22/2015  10:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Do the Knicks get a #1 pick from Indy for taking on Gilbert?

Who's Gilbert?

Auto correction of Hibbert

holfresh
Member: #1081

5/22/2015  10:25 PM
No thanks..He look horrible against ATL last playoffs..Literally couldn't play him..
crzymdups
USA
5/22/2015  10:34 PM
holfresh wrote:No thanks..He look horrible against ATL last playoffs..Literally couldn't play him..

Yeah, I can't tell if he just needs a change of scenery or what. When he's on he is one of the best defensive centers in the game.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/22/2015  11:05 PM
Watching Hibbert at times in the playoffs having multiple games with zero rebounds is enough for me to say pass. A 7fter who can go entire games without a rebound is bad news.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/22/2015  11:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:No thanks..He look horrible against ATL last playoffs..Literally couldn't play him..

Yeah, I can't tell if he just needs a change of scenery or what. When he's on he is one of the best defensive centers in the game.

I'd consider it at the right price. He's overpaid now and it's unlikely he'll opt out this year. He would fit in in the triangle and help protect the rim. He'd fit in as long as fan reign in their expectations.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
crzymdups
USA
5/22/2015  11:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I'd consider it at the right price. He's overpaid now and it's unlikely he'll opt out this year. He would fit in in the triangle and help protect the rim. He'd fit in as long as fan reign in their expectations.

I look at what Bogut does for GSW - not put up huge stats, but provide a presence and anchor for the defense. I think Hibbert could absolutely do that for a contending team. I'm not sure what went wrong in Indiana. It seemed to be mental somehow.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/22/2015  11:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I look at what Bogut does for GSW - not put up huge stats, but provide a presence and anchor for the defense. I think Hibbert could absolutely do that for a contending team. I'm not sure what went wrong in Indiana. It seemed to be mental somehow.

The one thing I would say is that Hibbert would love to be in this system. He'd touch the ball so much every game that he'd actually stay motivated. This is a system that is made for bigs to have an active role at all times. They're not just standing around watching smaller players handle the ball or pound the air out of the ball. It's an offense that is designed for 2 big men and so it's a very unique thing in the NBA. I think Memphis would've done better if they ran the Triangle. Watching their offense was painful to me. The Triangle is more fluid and keeps the proper spacing when run properly. The Triangle is Title Proven against the best defenses. You put the right talent in this system and you pretty much know what you'll get.

I don't know if Hibbert is a real option but I expect Phil to turn over every rock trying to find vets who can come in and get it done next year. He knows what he needs and there are some unhappy big men looking for a better situation.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

5/23/2015  12:50 AM
im not an actual fan of hibbert. i think hes soft and slow footed

BUT he would be an upgrade on defense and a threat in the post. on tope of that hes a good passer from his georgetown days

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2015  1:03 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah, I can't tell if he just needs a change of scenery or what. When he's on he is one of the bestP defensive centers in the game.

I am not sure but there were rumors that something happened with Paul George and his girl. Hibbert's fall reminds me of when Nick Anderson couldn't ake a free throw.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
5/23/2015  1:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah, I can't tell if he just needs a change of scenery or what. When he's on he is one of the bestP defensive centers in the game.

I am not sure but there were rumors that something happened with Paul George and his girl. Hibbert's fall reminds me of when Nick Anderson couldn't ake a free throw.

Hibbert is like a lot of big guys. You have to keep them involved. The more you use them the more focused and motivated they are. I don't think there's anything really wrong with him. He seems to work hard in the off season to stay in shape. He actually moves well for a guy his size. He would immediately improve the team's defense and that is what Phil wants.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/23/2015  3:02 AM
If we luck out in FA, he's worth considering as a fall back, simply because he wouldn't cost anything. In fact the Pacers may be willing to give up something to take his contract off their hands. Bird has been desperately trying to get him NOT to pick up his final year option (he wants to rebuild the team and make them faster)- basically threw him under the bus in the end of season interview and threatened him that if he opts in, they will feature him even less on offence and will send him to the bench. I don't think mentally he can hack new york and the media, but I'd try him out for nothing.

Hibbert kind of fell victim to the nba's hype machine- he's always been flawed and inconsistent and bad on defense, put that playoff series we faced them, the nba decided they were going to manufacture a star. We payed a the price, and later so did he. As soon as Stern left and Silver took over, he sent out a ref's edict basically telling them to stop with that pretend "he went straight up" crap, and from that moment on, Hibberts effectiveness was rapidly scaled back.

nixluva
USA
5/23/2015  11:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:If we luck out in FA, he's worth considering as a fall back, simply because he wouldn't cost anything. In fact the Pacers may be willing to give up something to take his contract off their hands. Bird has been desperately trying to get him NOT to pick up his final year option (he wants to rebuild the team and make them faster)- basically threw him under the bus in the end of season interview and threatened him that if he opts in, they will feature him even less on offence and will send him to the bench. I don't think mentally he can hack new york and the media, but I'd try him out for nothing.

Hibbert kind of fell victim to the nba's hype machine- he's always been flawed and inconsistent and bad on defense, put that playoff series we faced them, the nba decided they were going to manufacture a star. We payed a the price, and later so did he. As soon as Stern left and Silver took over, he sent out a ref's edict basically telling them to stop with that pretend "he went straight up" crap, and from that moment on, Hibberts effectiveness was rapidly scaled back.

I actually don't think any of that is the problem. I think they just haven't used Hibbert the right way. He's not getting enough touches and shot attempts and certainly not enough in the Low Post where he's most effective. Here in the Triangle he'd be put in the best position to succeed. He'd get more touches in Point Blank Range and he'd be much happier.

Just look at his shot chart and you can see he's taking shots out away from his sweet spot much too often. Our offense is designed for him to be in his sweet spot most of the time. He can still step out a little but nothing like he's been doing. He should have WAY more FGA's in the paint.

crzymdups
USA
5/23/2015  11:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:If we luck out in FA, he's worth considering as a fall back, simply because he wouldn't cost anything. In fact the Pacers may be willing to give up something to take his contract off their hands. Bird has been desperately trying to get him NOT to pick up his final year option (he wants to rebuild the team and make them faster)- basically threw him under the bus in the end of season interview and threatened him that if he opts in, they will feature him even less on offence and will send him to the bench. I don't think mentally he can hack new york and the media, but I'd try him out for nothing.

huh. didn't know the bold part? is that true? as a frustrated Knicks fan, i'd like to believe it... but oh well...

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
5/23/2015  11:59 AM
crzymdups wrote:

huh. didn't know the bold part? is that true? as a frustrated Knicks fan, i'd like to believe it... but oh well...

Hubert's block shot per game is still over 2. I think he missed George more than anything. From what i'm seen he's still a very potent force. I think he needs a change of scenery. This offense would pump him up.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/23/2015  12:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Yup, after Silver became chief, I remember someone showed the letter sent out to refs (they do this regularly to clarify rules etc) and it was focused on the way they had started calling the "straight up" rule- i.e. most of the time the player wasn't even going straight up

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/23/2015  12:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yup, after Silver became chief, I remember someone showed the letter sent out to refs (they do this regularly to clarify rules etc) and it was focused on the way they had started calling the "straight up" rule- i.e. most of the time the player wasn't even going straight up

Wow. Thanks. Always learning stuff here. Too bad it wasn't done prior to that playoff series.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
FA - how about Roy Hibbert?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy