[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The case for Justice Winslow
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/3/2015  12:14 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:monroe and stein would just be pretty funny considering how much of a failure drummond and monroe was...

the failure there was having Josh Smith at SF - once he was waived, the team did better.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
6/3/2015  12:15 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Monroe would look like a super star playing next to an agile defender like Stein. Just like Stein elevated all do the Kentucky players, his activity alone will force lazy defenders like Carmelo to play hard. Specifically, when the garden crowd gets behind Stein and starts chanting his name.

I agree...i just dont trust Melo at SF. I think when he was younger that was his natural position....but at SF....he will try and take his man in the paint....force monroe and stein to leave the paint. ...and steins man would double. I think team transition speed would be slower. With winslow....it put melo at PF where he can use his speed and create space for his mid range.....adds more team speed.....

But like the other poster said....since we are picking at 4.....it really doesnt matter who we pick at this point. Winslow...Mudiay. ....Stein are all viable options that can contribute at the nba level.

If Anthony is the plan at 4, Monroe is out.

If Winslow shows any kind of fluent off the dribble game when he finally emerges in some vids or team workouts, I would be more than willing to pick him.

Winslow at 3, Anthony at 4, and a defensive minded shot blocking center, and we might have an interesting team.

Gasol would look fantastic in that frontcourt.

I truly think Phil thought he could get Marc Gasol. I think Gasol will talk to Phil, but no chance he comes here. Agree though, he'd be perfect.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
Member: #748
6/3/2015  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2015  12:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:Monroe would look like a super star playing next to an agile defender like Stein. Just like Stein elevated all do the Kentucky players, his activity alone will force lazy defenders like Carmelo to play hard. Specifically, when the garden crowd gets behind Stein and starts chanting his name.

I agree...i just dont trust Melo at SF. I think when he was younger that was his natural position....but at SF....he will try and take his man in the paint....force monroe and stein to leave the paint. ...and steins man would double. I think team transition speed would be slower. With winslow....it put melo at PF where he can use his speed and create space for his mid range.....adds more team speed.....

But like the other poster said....since we are picking at 4.....it really doesnt matter who we pick at this point. Winslow...Mudiay. ....Stein are all viable options that can contribute at the nba level.

If Winslow shows any kind of fluent off the dribble game when he finally emerges in some vids or team workouts, I would be more than willing to pick him.

Winslow at 3, Anthony at 4, and a defensive minded shot blocking center, and we might have an interesting team.

I truly think Phil thought he could get Marc Gasol. I think Gasol will talk to Phil, but no chance he comes here. Agree though, he'd be perfect.

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

Will this team make noise in the east? Can they beat the Cavs?

vs

Calderon
Caroll
Melo
Monroe
Stein

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
crzymdups
USA
6/3/2015  12:27 PM
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

I think that team would take the Cavs to 7 games, for sure. You'd need an eventual upgrade at PG - but with Melo and Gasol commanding double teams in the post positions - Calderon would get a LOT of open looks for three at the top of the key.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
6/3/2015  12:30 PM
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

I think that team would take the Cavs to 7 games, for sure. You'd need an eventual upgrade at PG - but with Melo and Gasol commanding double teams in the post positions - Calderon would get a LOT of open looks for three at the top of the key.

Caroll, Winslow, Melo vs Lebron, JR, Irving

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/3/2015  12:31 PM
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

I would take that as well. Not sure the dollars work if Gasol wants 20.1MM per and Carroll wants 10MM+. If you stretch Calderon and somehow convince Shved to take the Room exception for $2.5MM it is closer.

This is the Randle.
crzymdups
USA
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

Yes and Gasol would destroy the Moz.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

This type of thinking is how Phil should build this team.....We need to matchup with the best teams in the east and west......So you need agile SG's / SF's who can play bigs or smalls.....interchangeable parts!

crzymdups
USA
6/3/2015  12:33 PM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Calderon
Caroll
Winslow
Melo
Gasol

This type of thinking is how Phil should build this team.....We need to matchup with the best teams in the east and west......So you need agile SG's / SF's who can play bigs or smalls.....interchangeable parts!

It is why I'm starting to come around on the idea of Winslow...

That said, I don't know if there's a chance in hell we can get Carroll.

Also, it's not how Phil has ever built his teams.

¿ △ ?
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

6/3/2015  12:46 PM
i don't see carroll signing here... at least for what he's asking for.. much more likely that we get the cheaper and younger version in him in jae crowder... it's better for a guy like that to come off the bench with winslow and melo starting tho...
crzymdups
USA
6/3/2015  12:49 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:i don't see carroll signing here... at least for what he's asking for.. much more likely that we get the cheaper and younger version in him in jae crowder... it's better for a guy like that to come off the bench with winslow and melo starting tho...

Yeah I like Crowder. He'd be good depth. But it sounds like Boston and he both want to do a multi-year deal this summer.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/3/2015  3:09 PM
crzymdups wrote:
FistOfOakley wrote:i don't see carroll signing here... at least for what he's asking for.. much more likely that we get the cheaper and younger version in him in jae crowder... it's better for a guy like that to come off the bench with winslow and melo starting tho...

Yeah I like Crowder. He'd be good depth. But it sounds like Boston and he both want to do a multi-year deal this summer.

Carroll would like to play for the Knicks and fisher, and is unrestricted, so he's the more realistic option- Crowder is unfortunately restricted.

crzymdups
USA
6/3/2015  3:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Carroll would like to play for the Knicks and fisher, and is unrestricted, so he's the more realistic option- Crowder is unfortunately restricted.

I think the Lakers and the Knicks are both going to be bidding on Carroll though. His price range may get up to like $15M per season... that's way high for him. I'm go up to $12M in year 1... but not much higher than that.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/3/2015  3:36 PM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I think the Lakers and the Knicks are both going to be bidding on Carroll though. His price range may get up to like $15M per season... that's way high for him. I'm go up to $12M in year 1... but not much higher than that.

Think the Lakers pick up Jordan Hill's $9mm option? If not he might be a nice reasonbly priced target. At 27 years old he's improved his game and might be a decent fit
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/3/2015  4:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Think the Lakers pick up Jordan Hill's $9mm option? If not he might be a nice reasonbly priced target. At 27 years old he's improved his game and might be a decent fit

If they take Russell, which is something I continue to believe they could do, they might want to keep Hill for now...No?

If they take OK4, I would think he'd be gone, but who knows.

Wonder what Phil thinks of his game and how it fits his system?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/3/2015  5:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

If they take Russell, which is something I continue to believe they could do, they might want to keep Hill for now...No?

If Ok4 came to #4 thats a player Id keep.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
6/3/2015  5:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

If Ok4 came to #4 thats a player Id keep.

If OK4 falls to 4, I think Phil may have a heart attack. This is why I don't want to make any promises or agreements to trade BEFORE the draft. There is a fair chance that Okafor or Russell slip to 4. If that happens - we run to the hills with an all-star.

If not we take Stein or Mudiay or Winslow and have a good chip to build around.

But even if there is only a 5% chance that OK4 falls to 4 - I want to be sitting at four with no promises and no deals to draft Porzingis for Minnesota or some such. I want to be able to take BPA at 4 - ESPECIALLY if one of the big three slips for whatever reason.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/3/2015  5:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I don't think they keep him if they get Towns/Okafor. He would be a nice pick up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/3/2015  5:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You might be able to get Crowder if you over pay for him. He would still be a lot cheaper than Carroll and at least partially fills the leadership/moxie void for the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/3/2015  8:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You might be able to get Crowder if you over pay for him. He would still be a lot cheaper than Carroll and at least partially fills the leadership/moxie void for the Knicks.

Carroll is a 3&D though. Crowder is just a tough guy with deeds. I like Crowder, he is younger and may work his 3 out... But if the defensive wing can't spread the floor, it's not as useful.
This is the Randle.
The case for Justice Winslow

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy