[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Case for Porzingis.
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

5/28/2015  12:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:It's a pretty valid point that Porzingis stayed out of the draft to try to add muscle last year... and then he didn't add any muscle.

Might have also been a maturity thing and working on his game. You get stronger as you age, no matter how you look.

To me it is significant that a player would even do such a thing. Not very American-like, if you ask me.

The Utah kid, Poetl, is staying in another year, and Evan Turner did it a few years ago.

Don't see Myles Turner making that decision after his less than stellar season at Texas.

On the flip side, Stein stayed in college for 3 years and his game is virtually the same as it was when he came up.

Might have been a money thing, too. Porzingis is now a top 8 prospect, and will make more money than if he had been taken later in the most recent draft.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/28/2015  12:58 PM
BRIGGS
May 28, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Sir please check back to when Pau Gasol was 19. He was 7-0 205. I hope you do the homework next time of checking similar players. Lets face it Porzingis is 19–thats 19 and he has an ectomorphic body type very similar to Pau at 19. There are two players that team will make mistakes on not drafting POrzinigis and Kaminsky. The one player who will be taken early is Stein and his 2 points and 5 rebounds as an upperclassmen in the finals showing. Porzingis has skills that Stein who is nearly 3 years older–only dreams of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZETQoe-0U

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

5/28/2015  1:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Actually Pau Gasol at 19 looks a lot like Porzinigis VERY SIMILAR in many ways

They actually play the same exact way alley ooops extension J's mid rnage its actually very similar and there is no doubt about it. How much does Gasol weigh there--not much difference than what Porzinigsi weighs and there is no doubt about it.
By the way hes playing in the same ACB finals Porzinigis just did.

Interesting find. Porzingis better facing up deep, Gasol had a better interior offensive game, for the most part. Don't know what kind of passer Pau was at that time, not much showing Porzingis is the same as a passer.

There are many folks around here would be crying at that time that we should not take Gasol.

No guarantee that Porzingis will mature the same way, but Gasol is an example in favor of choosing a Porzingis type player.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
5/28/2015  1:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Actually Pau Gasol at 19 looks a lot like Porzinigis VERY SIMILAR in many ways

They actually play the same exact way alley ooops extension J's mid rnage its actually very similar and there is no doubt about it. How much does Gasol weigh there--not much difference than what Porzinigsi weighs and there is no doubt about it.
By the way hes playing in the same ACB finals Porzinigis just did.

Interesting find. Porzingis better facing up deep, Gasol had a better interior offensive game, for the most part. Don't know what kind of passer Pau was at that time, not much showing Porzingis is the same as a passer.

There are many folks around here would be crying at that time that we should not take Gasol.

No guarantee that Porzingis will mature the same way, but Gasol is an example in favor of choosing a Porzingis type player.

Gasol avg 4.5 points and 2.6 rebounds when he was 19 for Barcelona. Kristaps 11-5. same league

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/28/2015  1:33 PM
Gasol has a lot more muscle on him and he's scoring against better looking defenses - there are guys in his face when he's scoring, I don't see anyone near Porzingis on those highlights. I'd feel very wary of taking Porzingis. Briggs, about a week ago you were saying you didn't like Porzingis because of his ectomorph frame, now it's a plus? I don't know, man. I don't think he'll be a bust, but I think he might take years to develop.

I look at Porzingis, I see a lot more Jan Vasely than Pau Gasol.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
5/28/2015  1:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:Gasol has a lot more muscle on him and he's scoring against better looking defenses - there are guys in his face when he's scoring, I don't see anyone near Porzingis on those highlights. I'd feel very wary of taking Porzingis. Briggs, about a week ago you were saying you didn't like Porzingis because of his ectomorph frame, now it's a plus? I don't know, man. I don't think he'll be a bust, but I think he might take years to develop.

Vesley is a bunch of highlights of guys throwing lobs to him Ktistaps clips are ones of him playing basketball.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/28/2015  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2015  2:16 PM
Im ok with the Knicks selecting one of Porzingis Kaminsky or Mudiay I am DOWN on Stein in fact that is the ONLY guy of the top 8 Im down on. Red Flag nation with him.

I think the Knicks need to put athletic sizable players on these guys in workouts if they can--or better yet go against each other.

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/28/2015  2:16 PM
crzymdups wrote:Gasol has a lot more muscle on him and he's scoring against better looking defenses - there are guys in his face when he's scoring, I don't see anyone near Porzingis on those highlights. I'd feel very wary of taking Porzingis. Briggs, about a week ago you were saying you didn't like Porzingis because of his ectomorph frame, now it's a plus? I don't know, man. I don't think he'll be a bust, but I think he might take years to develop.

Vesey really couldn't shoot at all in Europe. Briggs posted an article from Draft Express ranking Porzingis as one of the best shooter in this year's draft.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire

5/28/2015  4:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Im ok with the Knicks selecting one of Porzingis Kaminsky or Mudiay I am DOWN on Stein in fact that is the ONLY guy of the top 8 Im down on. Red Flag nation with him.

I think the Knicks need to put athletic sizable players on these guys in workouts if they can--or better yet go against each other.

I can easily sign on to these 3.

Am I to assume that if Russell drops we should take him?

What about OK4 vs Porzingis vs Kaminsky? What if Towns and the two PGs go top 3?

Mudiay vs OK4 vs Kaminsky? What if Porzingis kills in workouts, and LA takes him, and Russell goes to Philly as rumored?

BRIGGS
5/28/2015  8:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/28/2015  8:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im ok with the Knicks selecting one of Porzingis Kaminsky or Mudiay I am DOWN on Stein in fact that is the ONLY guy of the top 8 Im down on. Red Flag nation with him.

I can easily sign on to these 3.

Am I to assume that if Russell drops we should take him?

What about OK4 vs Porzingis vs Kaminsky? What if Towns and the two PGs go top 3?

Mudiay vs OK4 vs Kaminsky? What if Porzingis kills in workouts, and LA takes him, and Russell goes to Philly as rumored?

. There are things that I like about both. All things equal I want to take the big player over Russell or Mudiay.

Kaminsky is pretty simple 7-1 and fundamental. If he WANTS to be great he should be. I don't think you can dictate to a 7-1 guy with high quality extended range who handles the ball like a guard--knows all the nuances of the game. I am old school--he is Boston Celtic to me. I know some guys today never saw Larry Bird and Im not saying hes Larry Bird in anyway but his game has some feel in some ways. The way the NBA is played other than some athleticism hes an absolute perfect stretch 4 who can also interchange to 5(which is really nice) He would help give Carmelo (if we get Monroe) and the guards all sorts of spacing

Porzingis incredible extension plays above the square hes not the shooter Kaminsky is he but he shoots well and his shot is IMPOSSIBLE to block. His upside has to do with his potential interior to mid range game and defense. His down side is an awkwardness that he plays between positions and is not a master of any trade although he certainly could be. His body will firm out although he does have narrow shoulders.

Kamnisky can stats NBA 4 today Porzingis is a 7th or 8th man. This would not effect my position as 1 year is not that important. IF a team like Boston worked with another team and was willing to give us 27 32 and a 2016 pick + Kaminsky. i.,e 16-10-+Olynck --something like that. But if we got Kaminsky 27 32 and a 2016 I think I would do it. Staying a 4? Really tough call because I think Porzinigis is going 5.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

5/29/2015  5:38 PM
Finally coming to the U.S. Included some follow-up Tweets.

Wonder if he is doing individual workouts?

Any trade down possibilities? Can't see Minny not taking Towns. Wonder why the other Tweeter mentioned our pick?

BRIGGS
5/29/2015  6:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2015  6:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Finally coming to the U.S. Included some follow-up Tweets.

Any trade down possibilities? Can't see Minny not taking Towns. Wonder why the other Tweeter mentioned our pick?

Here's the story on this. Before the lotto balls there was a report from this same guy that Flip really liked Porzinigs. I guess this same guy broke stories via Flip in the past before they happened. Ther was a whole article written why Flip should NOT take Porzingis and its on the net. Apparently Flip DOES think Porzingis is KG like

It wont matter they are taking Okafor and its set it stone.

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
Member: #748
5/29/2015  7:52 PM
Pairing WCS against Kaminsky might break your heart BRIGGS. Stein doesnt lose in that match or any match because we all know hes offensively challenged. But what happens if he lovks up Kaminsky?

Its not fair to put a center on Stein 1 on 1....Now Mudiay on Stein is a better match. Hes one of the few centers in the draft that could guard Mudiay. There might be a center like turner maybe with similar defense....i dont know. But i do know about Steins defense, regardless of his college stats under Kentuckys scheme.

Stein is one of the few players you need all 5 positions to play him to see his true value. Hes not a typical big. Is he worth the 4th spot, thats not my call. Will he help the knicks defense, yes. But so will Mudiay and Winslow. I would love to see Porzingis against an elite defender like Stein. Its not about if Stein locks him up....its more about how Porzingis looks as a 19yr old. A young KG at 4 is a steal....if the hype is true. Ill take KG potential over WCS or Kaminsky.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
WaltLongmire

5/29/2015  8:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Here's the story on this. Before the lotto balls there was a report from this same guy that Flip really liked Porzinigs. I guess this same guy broke stories via Flip in the past before they happened. Ther was a whole article written why Flip should NOT take Porzingis and its on the net. Apparently Flip DOES think Porzingis is KG like

OK4 and not Towns?! Any sources on this rumor?

Would change a lot of things if Minny took a gamble on Porzingis.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/30/2015  2:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2015  10:54 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

There is absolutely no way whatsoever that the Twolves take Porz. Adding Towns or OK4 guarantees them more media attention and more games on national television. Adding Porz means they can kiss most of that goodbye- from a marketing point of view it would be a disaster.

WaltLongmire

5/30/2015  10:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

There is absolutely no way whatsoever that the Twolves take Prigs. Adding Towns or OK4 guarantees them more media attention and more games on national television. Adding Prigs means they can kiss most of that goodbye- from a marketing point of view it would be a disaster.

I tend to agree with you, BUT, under their old regime they made some of the worst picks in recent years, and even the Rubio picks looks terrible because of Curry's rise.

The Cavs took Bennett a few years ago- how many were predicting that?

His infatuation might help us in the long run. Personally, I would take Porzingis at 4 if he really showed something in his workouts, but who knows what Flip is thinking.

Maybe this is also a trade down strategy of some sort...I don't know.

I would be surprised if Minny didn't take Towns or OK4, but who knows.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/30/2015  10:55 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

There is absolutely no way whatsoever that the Twolves take Prigs. Adding Towns or OK4 guarantees them more media attention and more games on national television. Adding Prigs means they can kiss most of that goodbye- from a marketing point of view it would be a disaster.

I tend to agree with you, BUT, under their old regime they made some of the worst picks in recent years, and even the Rubio picks looks terrible because of Curry's rise.

The Cavs took Bennett a few years ago- how many were predicting that?

His infatuation might help us in the long run. Personally, I would take Porzingis at 4 if he really showed something in his workouts, but who knows what Flip is thinking.

Maybe this is also a trade down strategy of some sort...I don't know.

I would be surprised if Minny didn't take Towns or OK4, but who knows.

I'm praying one of the top 3 teams makes a Bennett sized boob!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/30/2015  11:02 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yeah a source would be great.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/30/2015  12:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:BRIGGS

Sir please check back to when Pau Gasol was 19. He was 7-0 205. I hope you do the homework next time of checking similar players. Lets face it Porzingis is 19–thats 19 and he has an ectomorphic body type very similar to Pau at 19. There are two players that team will make mistakes on not drafting POrzinigis and Kaminsky. The one player who will be taken early is Stein and his 2 points and 5 rebounds as an upperclassmen in the finals showing. Porzingis has skills that Stein who is nearly 3 years older–only dreams of.

But you were against us drafting Porzingis just a couple of weeks ago when i was still lobbying hard for him so what changed your mind on him?? I think i've asked you this a couple of times on here but you never seem to respond to the question. So what made you go from being against him to now being for him Briggs??
WaltLongmire

5/30/2015  12:53 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:BRIGGS

But you were against us drafting Porzingis just a couple of weeks ago when i was still lobbying hard for him so what changed your mind on him?? I think i've asked you this a couple of times on here but you never seem to respond to the question. So what made you go from being against him to now being for him Briggs??

I think he wanted to see him put the ball on the floor and go to the basket. He has a couple of drives starting from the 3 that were pretty impressive- I think I posted the Twitter feed that had both of them, earlier.

Dunking over Taveras, a giant who is a good shot blocker, might have also turned Briggs around.

I think the two Euros- Porzingis and Hezonja are definitely the most intriguing guys in this draft, IMO. Not saying either will be eventually be a star, buy they are tantalizing to watch at times, and they are both so bloody young.

The Case for Porzingis.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy