[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

here is another KT trade possibility
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/5/2004  12:32 AM
Minnesota is a team that is high tail going for it. KT is a guy who playing with KG Sprewell and Cassell could put them over the top.

What I would want

Earvin Johnson--5mm ending contract
Ndudi Ebi--the 6-10 SF I was high enough on to be a top 3 choice for our 2003 9th pick

and a Minnesota 2005#1 pick [likely to be 23-30]

then we would have a first round draft pick to trade with enough ending contracts for a max contract -- even if it is in it's last year--the team gets the pick as the benefit IF we could find the right deal.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/5/2004  12:41 AM
for a team that hasn't had a first round pick in almost decades, you expect them to give up their first one? i don't think they'll do it.

i see what you're trying to do and that's build for the future by giving kurt up now and i'm not opposed to that concept, but i don't think this one will fly.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/5/2004  1:40 AM
Minnesota had a first round pick two years ago, but it would depend on if they thought KT would push them over the top.

It's reasonable, and I'd do this trade. Ebi could be a very, very good player and this is how you obtain good players in non-traditional ways, taking a chance like this.
#Knickstaps
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
7/5/2004  2:44 AM
I fully endorse this trade as well. I want KT out of Sweetney's way in the worst way. And I want Isiah to be able to deal the three ending contracts together. So with Erving Johnson's $$$ we can indeed get a max-salary player from a salary dumping team. Heaven knows this is the season that a lot of Superstars have been demanding trades.

The NBA really is a Player's league. Last year they got all their coaches fired. This year, we'll see GM's start getting kicked to the curb. On top of this, we may be headed for another lockout.

So the question remains, what can we get? Toronto's in a bad way with VC. Paul Pierce and Danny had that comment a few weeks ago. AI? Ray Allen? Shareef? Antoine? Cwebb? who is it gonna be? AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, will Isiah really just let whomever it is slide off the cap? If he did, he'd still be over the cap but with fewer assets.

This is a good trade if you've got your eye on 2006 and 2007. Does MSG?

Do you think if Isiah really deals for a max-player with an ending deal that he will just let it end? Not when we're still over the cap.

This is still the team that is run by Allan Houston's contract. We seem stuck with it and Isiah seems to espouse the philosophy where if you're stuck with AH, you might as well try and win with him here. "Patchwork", in other words.

I don't see the philosophy you hold, to be the same as the MSG philosophy, so although your trade could happen, it would happen for different reasons.

No sense dropping real salary off the cap YET. Marbury and AH make more than 75% of the cap between the two of them, and we have three more years of that ratio. Drop salary next year, and some more as you get closer to AHs ending season, so you can time AH coming off the cap with having significant cap room.

Dumping salary for Caproom on July5th 2004 is NOT the philosophy of MSG.

[Edited by - kam77 on 07/05/2004 02:49:07]
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/5/2004  2:52 AM
wasn't EJ very useful to them this yr ? I think they started to loose some ground when olowokandi came back.

I'd that trade in a heartbeat, though it would be harder for us short term, the picks and young player to develop would make up for the one we lost in the marbury trade.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/5/2004  3:02 AM
Rightly or wrongly, it seems Isiah believes he can get a significant piece back for KT. Why else would he have given him the contract extension?
raven
Canada
7/5/2004  5:05 AM
contract extension makes hima tradable, as now his salary is "known" and that he can't bolt just after being traded.

we should neither underestimate nor overestimate KT.

He's a nice player to have on a team, he's just not starting center material. Depending oin the team he could be, and the strenght of the center, I still think he can be starter material. Yet, he's better fitted of the bench IMHO.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/5/2004  9:16 AM
you don't need a player-player match in skills to have a very good move. I mean if you think about it, adding KT to the Timberwolves for earvin johnson[who was really nothing to sthem averaging less than 2 points] a player who didnt get off the bench and what would likely be a late pick in the first round. They are a win it today team with a legit chance--this is the type of move the knicks used to do to get the rolando blackmons the derek harpers etc.. and its a good move for the vet club with the chance to win it all. i would do it in a hearbeat if it was the other way around. the odds of them getting a player the caliber of KT is very low. I went and looked at every team and this represented what I thought would be the best deal that took on no money. There are other deals out there i.e mckie+ draft pick stackhouse etc.. but this had the smallest monetary cost with a nice potnetial upside where we could do multiple things.
RIP Crushalot😞
raven
Canada
7/5/2004  9:18 AM
you make a point here. KT would definitly be a plus for those kind of teams that are ready to make a run, yet is out of their reach right now.

This trade is all about dealing a part of our present for a part of their future.

If well balanced, those deals can really help both teams.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/5/2004  10:04 AM
Question, how does Ebi compare with Trevor Ariza? THey are around the same size and the same age, with similarly impressive HS careers.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/5/2004  10:05 AM
I am sure the wolves would love to move Wally & his contract- he has about 5 years and $55m left-but I wouldn't trade KT for him- I'd send them Shandon Anderson and a filler player for Wally-

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/5/2004  10:08 AM
As much as the Wolves might want to move Wally, they still need his shooting and trading him for Anderson wouldn't get them any closer to winnning. One player they could really use is Frank Williams, as they were exposed without a backup PG and they will likely lose Hudson.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/5/2004  10:35 AM
Frank Williams and Shandon Anderson for Wally?

Wally makes $9m next year and Shandon & Frank make $8.2m
here is another KT trade possibility

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy