[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could the Knicks and Cavs pull off a deal?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/4/2004  12:36 PM
This hasn't been rumored directly, but if Dajuan Wagner can't handle the point in summer leagues, they will be looking to deal him for a point guard.

If the Knicks obtain Crawford (and JYD) in a sign-and-trade for KT, Othella, Deke, and Cezary, that would leave the Knicks with Penny and Crawford being able to handle the point for stretches.

Could the Knicks and Cavs work out a deal, Moochie Norris and Frank Williams (two capable PGs the Cavs would need) for Dajuan Wagner and Tony Battie.

Battie is a guy that defend other teams better big men, and Wagner could be a spark off the bench who pours in points.

I love Frank but if the Knicks get Crawford, they'll have other guys who can handle his duties and do more. I think Wagner (6th pick in the draft) is still a guy who could become a very good player.

I see this being a move that might happen around the trade deadline, when the Knicks realize they need another big man and don't need 2 PG's backing up a guy who plays 40 mpg, and the Cavs are in desperate need of a guy to handle the ball so LeBron can play the 2. I think it helps both teams.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/4/2004  12:47 PM
Maybe....

That whole thing sounds interesting but that is a trade that would happen if the Crawford deal goes down.

I think Cleveland would want to keep Battie and Wagner though to bolster the bench. They got Ill and McInnis but sticking in Wags and Battie they don't lose a step.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/4/2004  1:01 PM
id give them Harrington for Wagner> they really don't have a back up 4--after that i wouldnt do much--thats a fair trade right now imho.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/4/2004  1:09 PM
That's not a bad deal, but I don't think Harrington will be around and I think they'll need a PG in the worst way.

I'm not talking about now, maybe December or January when McInnis has worn off his welcome (like he's done everywhere else) and Ollie is stinking it up. I think then they'd like to deal Wagner and get a PG, or 2, from the Knicks and give up Battie. That helps each team.

But Harrington for Dajuan works as well.
#Knickstaps
Could the Knicks and Cavs pull off a deal?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy