[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

At 7-1 why cant Kaminsky be the next Dirk?
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/14/2015  12:01 PM
so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

5/14/2015  12:02 PM
Bargs JR Jr why not?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/14/2015  12:04 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Because Maciej Lampe I mean Danillo Gallinari already is. So are all the other tall white guys with a few basketball skills.

Don't forget Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Well then the odds are with me here. So we either get Towns Okafor or Kaminsky and maybe some other assets with yim--thats fine by me. Russell a maybe Winslow and Mudiay a pure no.

RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/14/2015  12:04 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Because Maciej Lampe I mean Danillo Gallinari already is. So are all the other tall white guys with a few basketball skills.

I think Donnie had Gallo pegged as the next Larry Bird...

From NYTimes:

A few days ago Donnie Walsh handed Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks’ promising young forward, a DVD that could alter the trajectory of his career. Walsh, the Knicks’ president, gave Gallinari a collection of Larry Bird highlights, a captivating 30-minute compilation highlighting many of Bird’s best moves, passes, post-ups and rebounds.

Gallinari said he had watched the tape at least 10 times over the past three days and that every move was seared into his mind. The one play Gallinari enjoyed the most, he said, was when Bird told the former SuperSonic Xavier McDaniel that he was about to shoot a 3-pointer over his head and there was absolutely nothing McDaniel could do about it.

“And then he did it,” Gallinari said, shaking his head. “What’s better than that?”

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

5/14/2015  12:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2015  12:21 PM
Vmart wrote:I see more Gasol than Dirk. Dirk when he started out moved like a SF. I don't see that with Kaminsky. But I would take him 4-6 in the draft. The top three picks are going to be Oakfor, Towns and Mudiay IMO.

I wouldn't compare this kid to Gassol. Gassol is a much better defender, passer, and a much better post player than Kaminsky might ever be. Gassol SHOULD have been the first player selected in his draft, because he was always projected to be as good as he is.

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
BRIGGS
5/14/2015  12:20 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
Vmart wrote:I see more Gasol than Dirk. Dirk when he started out moved like a SF. I don't see that with Kaminsky. But I would take him 4-6 in the draft. The top three picks are going to be Oakfor, Towns and Mudiay IMO.

I wouldn't compare this kid to Gassol. Gassol is a much better defender, passer, and a much better pos player than Kaminsky might ever be. Gassol SHOULD have been the first player selected in his draft, because he was always projected to be as good as he is.

I didnt know Frank was 7-1. You are talking 7-1 with his skills.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/14/2015  2:54 PM
Dirk had very specialized training from his German coach. He taught Dirk how to shoot under almost any circumstance, lots of off balance shooting drills. Would be great to hire him to work with Kaminsky if we got him. Dirk is a first ballot hall of famer. Going to take a great deal of time and effort in his spare time to come close to being in Dirk's league.
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
5/14/2015  3:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dirk had very specialized training from his German coach. He taught Dirk how to shoot under almost any circumstance, lots of off balance shooting drills. Would be great to hire him to work with Kaminsky if we got him. Dirk is a first ballot hall of famer. Going to take a great deal of time and effort in his spare time to come close to being in Dirk's league.

https://www.dirkometrix.com/sites/
Check out some of the training videos with kids that Holger is working with...
Hes a crazy dude! :-)

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/14/2015  3:53 PM
dodger78 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dirk had very specialized training from his German coach. He taught Dirk how to shoot under almost any circumstance, lots of off balance shooting drills. Would be great to hire him to work with Kaminsky if we got him. Dirk is a first ballot hall of famer. Going to take a great deal of time and effort in his spare time to come close to being in Dirk's league.

https://www.dirkometrix.com/sites/
Check out some of the training videos with kids that Holger is working with...
Hes a crazy dude! :-)

I will definitely check that out, thanks.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

5/14/2015  5:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2015  5:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Hes got a chance to be the next Dirk--simple as that.

Yep he definitely has that CHANCE. He also has the CHANCE to be the next S.Bradley and he also has the CHANCE to be the next A.Morrison---simple as that. Everyone has CHANCES. LOL
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/14/2015  7:11 PM
Here you go, Briggs. Phil Jackson met with Frank Kaminsky today:

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/with-draft-lottery-looming-phil-jackson-speaks-with-frank-the-tank-kaminsky/

With the NBA Draft Lottery looming on Tuesday, Knicks President Phil Jackson met here in Chicago onKaminsky Thursday with Wisconsin 7-footer Frank “The Tank” Kaminsky.

Kaminsky, 22, is projected as the No. 10 pick by DraftExpress.com and the Knicks are guaranteed to have a top-5 pick, with a 19.9 percent chance of landing the No. 1 overall pick when the ping pong balls fly.

“I could go anywhere from 5-12 but we’ll see once the lottery balls fall what the teams are and who’s picking where,” Kaminsky said. “We’ll have a better sense after that.”

Knicks GM Steve Mills said the team will interview 18 players, so they will meet with all of the top players to cover their bases.

They are expected to take either Kentucky’s Karl-Anthony Towns or Duke’s Jahlil Okafor if they land the first or second pick.

But Kaminsky, who was initially a guard but now measures 6’11.75 without shoes, could be a perfect fit for the triangle offense if the Knicks fall in the lottery or decide to trade down, which Mills said was a possibility.

“I know they run the triangle offense, I think I could do well in that kind of system,” he said. “At the end of the day, organizations have to make that decision. It’s not necessarily up to me so we’ll see what happens.”

Kaminsky, like probably everyone else in the draft, wouldn’t mind playing in the Big Apple.

“New York’s a great place,” he said. “It’s a very storied city with a lot of history, a lot of fun things to do so I wouldn’t mind it at all.”

Playing as a stretch four alongside Carmelo Anthony also could be a nice fit.

“I think so, Carmelo’s obviously one of the superstars of the NBA, he’s a great basketball player,” Kaminsky said. “One of the best of my generation growing up watching him, so to play alongside him would be a really cool thing.”

A four-year player who averaged 18.8 points and 8.2 rebounds, Kaminsky led Wisconsin to a stunning upset of Towns and previously unbeaten Kentucky in the national semifinals. Kaminsky went for 20 points and 11 rebounds in that game.

The Badgers then lost to Okafor and Duke in the NCAA championship game despite 21 and 12 from Kaminsky.

Sometimes four-year players are perceived as having less of an upside than one-and-done players and Kaminsky joked about that exact issue.

Asked about being 22, he says he’s sometimes treated like he’s “65.”

¿ △ ?
RonRon
Member: #246
5/14/2015  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/14/2015  8:52 PM
He could develop to a player similiar to Dirk
He could also develop to a backup rotation player if he isn't able to a rotation player if he cannot defend/rebound against STARTERS
Dirk had very strong fundamentals and verastile skill sets from the START, in addition to his LONG RANGE, HIGH IQ, THE LENGTH/HEIGHT/HIGH RELEASE/POST GAME/ABILITY TO HANDLE THE BALL that is superior to Frank
Those extra couple of inches can not be taught in length and height, while playing as a PRO vs MEN at a very young age in a TEAM GAME to play both with and without the ball

He averaged probably more than a block and steal for most of his younger days, not even looking it up, while shooting at 50% along with the ability to draw fouls, they both could be good in the PnR game which really helped developed his game with Steve Nash and how to facilitate/score with him, and he had to learn to do more after with the POST GAME and FACILIATTING

They are both very unselfish and could play within the flow off the OFFENSE, it isn't a given, and there will be a lot more work for Frank to do
He could develop similiar to LA with less length/athleticism/mobility as well, time will tell

But in order to say he WILL, he must resemble a lot more to him, than right now, did Stackhouse resemble Jordan? Kobe? *Kaminski isn't what Kobe was to Jordan because of what he lacks*
I didn't think Noah would have developped to the player he was a couple seasons ago, and was a LEGIT triple double threat if the OFFENSE was run through him with a pair of blocks and steals
The skill set for Dirk is so rare and hard as a 7footer that can do it all, makes him special and a future HOF, there were too many AB/Gallo's and BUSTS that were compared to him, including Lampe/BJ Bullens/Adam Morrison etc....

Which team drafts him will play a major role in the develpment of Kaminski in addition to his work ethic and ability to absorb knowledge and adjust to the NBA
Again, I think those couple of inches and mobility/versatitliy/agility can not be taught that Kaminski lacks, though he could be another player that could be effective or a poor defender making him a 6th man if developped, along with a possibility of being a bust or an injury away from Odon, we don't know.... and NOT ONE GM would take at the #3 pick with the talent available...

BRIGGS
5/14/2015  9:36 PM
RonRon wrote:He could develop to a player similiar to Dirk
He could also develop to a backup rotation player if he isn't able to a rotation player if he cannot defend/rebound against STARTERS
Dirk had very strong fundamentals and verastile skill sets from the START, in addition to his LONG RANGE, HIGH IQ, THE LENGTH/HEIGHT/HIGH RELEASE/POST GAME/ABILITY TO HANDLE THE BALL that is superior to Frank
Those extra couple of inches can not be taught in length and height, while playing as a PRO vs MEN at a very young age in a TEAM GAME to play both with and without the ball

He averaged probably more than a block and steal for most of his younger days, not even looking it up, while shooting at 50% along with the ability to draw fouls, they both could be good in the PnR game which really helped developed his game with Steve Nash and how to facilitate/score with him, and he had to learn to do more after with the POST GAME and FACILIATTING

They are both very unselfish and could play within the flow off the OFFENSE, it isn't a given, and there will be a lot more work for Frank to do
He could develop similiar to LA with less length/athleticism/mobility as well, time will tell

But in order to say he WILL, he must resemble a lot more to him, than right now, did Stackhouse resemble Jordan? Kobe? *Kaminski isn't what Kobe was to Jordan because of what he lacks*
I didn't think Noah would have developped to the player he was a couple seasons ago, and was a LEGIT triple double threat if the OFFENSE was run through him with a pair of blocks and steals
The skill set for Dirk is so rare and hard as a 7footer that can do it all, makes him special and a future HOF, there were too many AB/Gallo's and BUSTS that were compared to him, including Lampe/BJ Bullens/Adam Morrison etc....

Which team drafts him will play a major role in the develpment of Kaminski in addition to his work ethic and ability to absorb knowledge and adjust to the NBA
Again, I think those couple of inches and mobility/versatitliy/agility can not be taught that Kaminski lacks, though he could be another player that could be effective or a poor defender making him a 6th man if developped, along with a possibility of being a bust or an injury away from Odon, we don't know.... and NOT ONE GM would take at the #3 pick with the talent available...

Noah scks hes cost the Bulls this series--hes done.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/14/2015  10:07 PM
Also Ron--in almost any decision process--you take your time and weed out the + and - of everything. I believe I brought up Jordan Mickey like 20 times this season If you look back at my posts I almost always mention a "2nd big" those being Jordan Mickey or Christian Wood. Now there was multiple bits of information the last two days that allows me to upgrade one player and downgrade another. Go look back at Ultinateknic.scom and tell me how many people have mentioned Jordan Mickey in the last 8 weeks other than me? I do it because I think ive got a decent eye for talent and I share it with the board--is there ONLy 1 good player in CBB? No but go back and you say be consistent--go back and tell me how many times I mentioned Jordan Mickey? The funny thing is the dude beasted today and still no one mentions him. Kaminsky come sin at 7-1??!!!? I mean I thought he was 6-10.5 or so--thats a big deal huge to me. I think there is a huge difference in 2.5 inches in height. I dont think people get how skilled he is--hes very skilled PERFECT for the system they want to play whether understood or not. And you keep bringing up Mike Muscala--my man Mike Muscala was a better pick than Tim Hardaway--we'd be better off with Muscala--if you think that pick is back--you're wrong.
RIP Crushalot😞
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
5/15/2015  7:08 AM
I'm with you BRIGGS. Your thread about Kaminsky and Pau Gasol is the reason I joined. I see you posting on realgm Knicks forum. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Kaminsky on there just like you are on here. My screen name is god4gives. Peace

#TEAM KAMINSKY

Frank da Tank is better than the consensus top 5 imo

BRIGGS
5/15/2015  8:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2015  10:54 AM
wh4t wrote:I'm with you BRIGGS. Your thread about Kaminsky and Pau Gasol is the reason I joined. I see you posting on realgm Knicks forum. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Kaminsky on there just like you are on here. My screen name is god4gives. Peace

#TEAM KAMINSKY

If we end up at 3 Im hoping we can flip back and pick up BOTH Kaminsky and Mickey. Mickey is a turbo version of Taj Gibson with more offensive upside. Hes heavier faster stronger and more diversified and he may be the best defensive player in the draft.
That is my end game here with this draft. i might be willing to trade Okafor in a similar trade IF I get Kaminsky Mickey(or possibly Embiid) and two additional #1 picks in 2016 and 2018 restricted to 5 only.

RIP Crushalot😞
wh4t
Member: #6039
USA
5/15/2015  12:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
wh4t wrote:I'm with you BRIGGS. Your thread about Kaminsky and Pau Gasol is the reason I joined. I see you posting on realgm Knicks forum. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Kaminsky on there just like you are on here. My screen name is god4gives. Peace

#TEAM KAMINSKY

If we end up at 3 Im hoping we can flip back and pick up BOTH Kaminsky and Mickey. Mickey is a turbo version of Taj Gibson with more offensive upside. Hes heavier faster stronger and more diversified and he may be the best defensive player in the draft.
That is my end game here with this draft. i might be willing to trade Okafor in a similar trade IF I get Kaminsky Mickey(or possibly Embiid) and two additional #1 picks in 2016 and 2018 restricted to 5 only.

I was thinking more of Kaminsky and Jerian Grant or Delon Wright if the Knicks were to select Okafor and trade down.

This is my wishlist

C--- RoLo or Koufos / Ajinca / Bachynski
PF---- Paul Millsap or Amir Johnson / Kaminsky / JSmith
SF---- Melo / Thomas / Early
SG---- Danny green or DeMarre Carroll or maybe Wes Matthews / Hardaway / Thanasis
PG---- Galloway / Alexey Shved / Calderon

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/15/2015  1:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I thought he was 6-10.5 maybe 6-11 in shoes. This guy is near 7 feet barefoot and 7-1 in shoes. If Kaminsky is aggressive in the nBA why cant he have a Dirk like career? He can really shoot it.

He is not the athlete that Dirk once was - not close. He is not the shooter that Dirk was/is - not close --- nobody is really.

You should be comparing him to guys like C-Zeller, K-Olynk and maybe even Sullinger but not Dirk.

BRIGGS
5/15/2015  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/15/2015  1:54 PM
wh4t wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

#TEAM KAMINSKY

I was thinking more of Kaminsky and Jerian Grant or Delon Wright if the Knicks were to select Okafor and trade down.

This is my wishlist

C--- RoLo or Koufos / Ajinca / Bachynski
PF---- Paul Millsap or Amir Johnson / Kaminsky / JSmith
SF---- Melo / Thomas / Early
SG---- Danny green or DeMarre Carroll or maybe Wes Matthews / Hardaway / Thanasis
PG---- Galloway / Alexey Shved / Calderon

First off I wouldnt trade Okafor without SUBSTANTIAL compensation. And if you followed my posts the odds of me giving up that 2 or 3 pick is VERY low UNLESS I get the same deal that Orlando got for GS(Webber) the existing flip pick--in that case-1 to 3 and the additional 3 #1s or 2 1s and young player equivalent. Id rather see if I could draft Okafor and use cap space to grab Kamnisky and or trade. I like Okafor. There is no way that i trade ok4 for anything less than massive value because I think Ok4 could be a star 4. The CUMULATIVE value for trading down has to be VERY high--the number 1 pick Im keeping not for sale 2 cost is exorbitant and not likely.

Im sorry no disrespect but that team is simply not a winner. I HATE Robin Lopez you just need to look at his play this year in the playoffs--he's a dinosaur type player. Guys like Asik Noah R Lopez WORTHLESS absolutely WORTHLESS all of them. I'd rather take my time--build my team right even if that means multi years.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with resigning Schveyd--I consider that a priority.

Free agency to me is use the space the best way I can to help the team. Am I winning a championship with Robin Lopez Danny Green and Paul Millsap? No not close. Every time Clev retools they will be vastly superior. Also you are pricing out the market incorrectly. There is no way and I mean no way we are getting Millsap Green AND a C. Watch and mark my words.

I am interested in using the cap space in the following way

A Remove Jose Calderon and his sht contract Ill use that 3.75mm in a much more effective way. And that effective way could mean not using it at all.

B Im WILLING to sell some of that cap space for an additional pick if I dont trade down--if no so be it. How much Im willing to part with 10-12mm depending on the asset coming back. a pick between 14-18 Id give up 10-12mm in space for. 6-10mm for picks 19-25. The goal--get the best 2nd big.

C If I cant Im not spending long term $ on sub par players.
D Im picking one player I will set to outspend any team on in free agency to help the team improve give veteran leadership--I think that player is Carroll.

E Im willing to--within reason add a C but I simply will not overpay for one Guys Like Asik and Lopez are simply out of the question. Anjica or Koufus Are reasonable because I can turn and flip them if needed. Or simply I will find one more additional cheap player with upside.

F If I have cap space remaining Im willing to offer it to 1 year deals even if that deal is 10mm+ Im not marrying 2nd tier players no matter what.

G Im using the D league--I want the 2-3 best players who fit the team. I want Craft as our 3rd PG I want Thabeet on our SL team instead of Bachyinskito be given a chance to make the team as a 3rd C hes WAY better than Jordan I give Hasheem so much credit for his improvement and Ive followd him for 8 years now. I also really like Benimon for the triangle

So Im at the following

C#1 Anjica/Koufus(deal is 4 years 24mm and if not no big deal) #2 Cole Aldrich(deal is 2 years 3.6mm LLE) #3 Hasheem Thabeet 1 year with team option if he makes the team(non guaranteed)

PF #4Carmelo Anthony Pick #51--Towns Pick 2 or possibly 3 Okafor Pick 4 or 5 kaminsky IF we get a 2nd pick #6 Mickey(hes a guy I can shift to 5 even though hes 6-8 if needed) PF Id like to see what GS does with Lee if they waive him

Sf#7 Demarre Carroll 4 years 50mm) #8 SF Jerelle Benimon(I have now favored him over a guy I targeted Derrick Williams) #9 Early

SG # 10Langston Galloway #11 Tim Hardaway #12 Thansis

PG #13 Alexy Shveyd (4 year 24mm MLE) #14 year pro vet Aaron Brooks or a UDFA or D league stand out that we find(Jospeh Young Marcus Thorton Nate Wolters etc..) #15 Aaron Kraft(hey two Aarons on the same team.

Heres the gig. I havent over-used my money on players like Asik Lopez or Millsap going 4ward so I keep max cap space the following year or opportunity knocks. And I am willing to look at trading for SG or going into free agency NEXT year IF guys doing workout like Hardaway Galloway and Thansis--Im giving them all a very big opportunity to succeed.

I like that I added young size 1 of (Towns Kaminsky Okafor) Benimon Mickey--for example

I added contracts that I can dispose of easily if needed. Im not paying Robin Lopes 4 years 42mm and being stuck with back up c.

Thabeet and Kratft(minim slot role players)--yes I will hear what they sck a small white guy and a dufus 7 footer bust. Nope 2 HARD workers who have stayed the course and improved and bring GREAT character to the team / fight even in a back up role and I intend to value EVERY player and every player HAS to give me back value.

RIP Crushalot😞
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/15/2015  1:51 PM
There seem to be major disagreements from front office execs on several names. That could lead to some draft instability for Myles Turner (some as high as 5, others in the late teens), Frank Kaminsky (a couple of teams in the 8-to-10 range, several in the low 20s), Kevon Looney (one team as high as 5, another team in the 30s), Kelly Oubre (two teams in the top 10, several in the 20s), Devin Booker (two teams in the top 10, several in the high teens and early 20s) and R.J. Hunter (two teams in the late lottery, two teams in the second round). When ranges are this high, guys could fall or rise quick depending on workouts. While the draft board is pretty set at the top, the middle of the draft is still very much contested.
At 7-1 why cant Kaminsky be the next Dirk?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy