[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i believe at this point that we wont use the full mle[doubtful]
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/2/2004  10:34 AM
that we will have baker back + possibly doelac hey we have the same team back! just what i said --we are going to be slogging along for a few years.

well hopefully they find lightning in a bottle in the SL and keep a strong eye on other teams SL--marquis daniels anyone???

You know Id rather be pro-active with KT and see if I can pull off an Arron Mckie AND top 5 protected #1 pick in 2005 for KT---give more PT to Sweetney Nazr Doleac?? and while we have them utilize Deke Othella etc.. we're still seep there.

Id look for ONLY a steal up to the trade deadline-otherwise just let some of those contracts run out-- if someone wants an ending contract, take a player with only 2 years remaining + a pick that would be substantial -something that would fall 8-16

with 2-3 good solid picks 34mm in ending contracts--which some we get let expire--over the next two years we can drop payroll quite considerably and add 1-2 high quality young players and perhaps one solid VET max player we really want--not settling for the Tim Thomas of the world.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/2/2004  10:41 AM
ending contracts will get a ton of value as the trading deadline appraoches. Teams that will have missed their season may want to save some cash.

I'd be happy to bring back the dole and see how we perform as we are.

We'll have big changes over the next 2 yrs, but we'll have to be patient as we can't have it all right now.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/2/2004  11:50 AM
well i believe the children are our future. teach them well and let them lead the way...

your pessimism is baffling. i understand the frustration being a knicks fan but come on broham. you must also root for the mets and the jets, don't you? be a little positive. it makes your happier and allows you to live a stress free life. love life briggs. embrace the summer air. listen to the pigeons crapping on the sidewalk and admire the frolicing of the ny city subway rat. it's a time for optimisim briggs. don't worry, be happy :)

unless...you suffer the same fate as another poster that destroyed another board (and he hails from the ISLES-land). if so, then i offer you the same advice i offered him...take $100, go down to the west side highway and get laid :)
BRIGGS
7/2/2004  12:28 PM
it's dissapointing knowing that your team--for all intensive purposes is just being built so they can make the playoffs win 43 times as a conduit to raise prices again. When I see a team filled with athletiscm size IQ toughness and heart--no matter the ultimate outcome of win or lose--because we had that type of team for 10-12 years and we came real close--but you can never really predict the end result-- than I will let you know. When I see some toughness like Oakley gerg anthony starks mason mcdaniel etc...then I will let you know. right now all i see is a team that is mismatched with no identity aging quickly with VERY little heart and toughness. teams that win are tough this team is full of wimpy aging overpaid blah. put it this way--just with okafor the charlotte Bobcats have a better team foundation than the Knicks entire squad.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/2/2004  1:22 PM
i don't see why they can't just use the MLE & expiring contracts along w/KT to get a couple of good players THIS year while also keeping their flexibility to make moves again NEXT year w/the expiring contracts of TT, Penny & Nazr along w/their 1st round pick.

is the future really bleak? i don't think so at all.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2004  1:34 PM
Briggy does this each year, but he is more right than downright depressed.

We internet posters can spend Dolans money all we want, but we are so far over the cap its a joke. We again will be the top salary team and in my opinion, that honor should go to a team stacking talent to make a run. Not to make the playoffs.

We need to pay for this sometime, and we are so easy to assume we can pawn bad contracts for even longer ones and never dissolve this mess.

Its not so bleak, but we are handcuffed to an extent and Isiah if he says much, is to temper the thought that blockbusters are a comin!

Its a shame we don't have any assets to be a player in all thats going on. Its not Isiahs fault, for now, it just is our reality.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/2/2004  1:49 PM
I'd be happy that if we couldn't get crawford or some other young player with potential who helps that we don't spend the MLE this year & I'd be happy to let some expiring deals expire.

The problem Layden and Dolan made was locking up marginal undeserving talent with the MLE- Anderson, Eisley & Weatherspoon- when they should have just eaten the MLE
BRIGGS
7/2/2004  2:49 PM
isiah's main goal should be to find an arenas find a marquis daniels find a starks find a mason---thats showing a LOT and with our payment structure we need it.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
7/2/2004  4:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

isiah's main goal should be to find an arenas find a marquis daniels find a starks find a mason---thats showing a LOT and with our payment structure we need it.

I think that is what he is trying to do by being "Creative".
Nalod
USA
7/2/2004  4:15 PM
Posted by franco12:

The problem Layden and Dolan made was locking up marginal undeserving talent with the MLE- Anderson, Eisley & Weatherspoon- when they should have just eaten the MLE

Let it go man, just let it go. There is a lot of things we should have eaten a long time ago. It just was not the way we did things back then. So long as we are not history repeating, Im ok to just let this team be or make any changes without adding more to the payroll.

Let it go.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/2/2004  4:59 PM
Let's not give up on the free agent market one day in. I think its so early to start making doomsday pronouncements.

Put out the MLE and see if we can get some good targets to bite. If not, be flexible and spread the wealth. It's not the end of the world and we can still get better. This team would be 4-5 games better with a decent defensive presence inside, and we might not even need the full MLE to get that.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/2/2004  5:10 PM
I think its so early to start making doomsday pronouncements
It's never too early for Briggs to make doomsday pronouncements
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/2/2004  5:25 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
I think its so early to start making doomsday pronouncements
It's never too early for Briggs to make doomsday pronouncements

I know. I can be very depressive about the Knicks too, but man, its literally day 2 in free agency. Writing off the MLE right now is hilarious.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/2/2004  5:32 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again...the Knicks will not be good until H20, Penny and Shandon are off this team
BRIGGS
7/2/2004  6:30 PM
Im not writing off anything. I dont think that the MLE this year is as big as other years because of the tremendous cap space teams have this year. I think what you will ultimately see is many of the RFA's either being matched--making deals with their clubs and the pickings could be soft. And there will also be a point where you can sit still to long. I think the LLE is something we should be aggresive with--especially if we can net a Marcus Fizer. I think he can be had for cheap and that gives us a young solid skilled body, so we have no problems if we need to move KT. Then you can sit back and watch somethings unfold--if you realize that the MLE is not worth spending on one player--then you have to have that secondary plan in place and be assertive with it if you are breaking it up on 2 players.

If isiah has a guy like Dampier locked up somehow-great. Jamal Crawford is a pipe dream with the MLE--just a waste of time. If you get stuck for 15 days--your secondary plan can go bye-bye.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/2/2004  7:54 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

i've said it before and i'll say it again...the Knicks will not be good until H20, Penny and Shandon are off this team

i guess we'll be seeing you in about 3 years then...take care now...buh-bye.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/2/2004  10:30 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by gunsnewing:

i guess we'll be seeing you in about 3 years then...take care now...buh-bye.

haha... I second that TMS....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
i believe at this point that we wont use the full mle[doubtful]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy