[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just to show the kind of talent in round #2 and UDFA a couple of examples
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2015  10:15 AM
Here is Josh Richardson PG for Tennessee. He was two time all defensive 1st team SEC and hes 6-6 210 pound PG with long arms and near 40 inch vertical.

Hes not even ranked by draft sites.

This is for nixluva

Darrun Hillard--all defensive Big east Guard 6-6 225

Shot 40% for his last two years from 3 at high usage. Hes one of the best defensive guards in this draft and a keen 3 point shooter who also happens to be a good passer rebounder. This is a Danny Green in the 2nd round. Again not listed anywhere.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/27/2015  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  1:01 PM
While these players could be good players, you cannot compair young talent with EXPERIENCED players that have FINALS EXPERIENCE, while playing versus NBA FINALS CONTENDERS ON MULTIPLE YEARS
Danny Green's IQ, ability to BLOCK shots *#1 in the NBA*, provid steals, *defend multiple positoins*, and provide 3pt shooting the space the floor, and playing OFF THE BALL/CATCH and shoot, is invaluable
It allows a team to execute a system

The D LEAGUER, is another good shooter, however, we need talent to go with HIGH IQ, Culture change, and DEFENSE abilities, with experience/leadership as well

That is the same reason why you do not value Draymond Green and James Harden *in OKC to Houston*

Talent is measured with boxscores, height, you also need to value what they bring off the court/leadership, and what the team and other players is able to do with their abilities as well
The simply fact that you thought James Harden was not a max player and Houston made a bad trade for him, giving up too much, illustrates how flawed your anaylsis of talent is in the NBA

Now you are doing the same with Draymond Green

WHile you like Kanter, for the same exact reasons that you disvalue Green/James Harden, you disregard what made Kanter able to produce those numbers, with only a short stinct in the league..
Harden and Green played as the 3rd option but can they do more if given the opportunity?
James Harden obviously was a no brainer that some didn't think was an ALL STAR and have proven wrong instanctly on Houston

You cannot develop the experience that Draymond Green brings, along with Danny Green, with HIGH IQ/versatile abilities on OFF and DEFENSE
The guy is a DPOY talent, with the ability to defend 5 positions *THIS IS WHY I WANT HIM, he can teach this to all players* , with great fundamentals, high IQ, leadership, with a pair of steals/blocks as well
While it could happen one day, the addition of Green would elevate and mentor our future talents, as he will have the respect of all of our young guys that a rookie can not provide with his lack of experience

STOP JUDGING TALENT based on boxscores alone with their height

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

4/27/2015  1:01 PM
i will be at vegas this summer (for my bachelor party and the summer league). it will be interesting to see who the knicks will sign
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/27/2015  1:03 PM
RonRon wrote:While these players could be good players, you cannot compair young talent with EXPERIENCED players that have FINALS EXPERIENCE, while playing versus NBA FINALS CONTENDERS ON MULTIPLE YEARS
Danny Green's IQ, ability to BLOCK shots *#1 in the NBA*, provid steals, *defend multiple positoins*, and provide 3pt shooting the space the floor, and playing OFF THE BALL/CATCH and shoot, is invaluable

The D LEAGUER, is another good shooter, however, we need talent to go with HIGH IQ, Culture change, and DEFENSE abilities, with experience/leadership as well

That is the same reason why you do not value Draymond Green and James Harden *in OKC to Houston*

Talent is measured with boxscores, height, you also need to value what they bring off the court/leadership, and what the team and other players is able to do with their abilities as well
The simply fact that you thought James Harden was not a max player and Houston made a bad trade for him, giving up too much, illustrates how flawed your anaylsis of talent is in the NBA

WHile you like Kanter, for the same exact reasons that you disvalue Green/James Harden, you disregard what made Kanter able to produce those numbers, with only a short stinct in the league..
Harden and Green played as the 3rd option but can they do more if given the opportunity?
James Harden obviously was a no brainer that some didn't think was an ALL STAR and have proven wrong instanctly on Houston

You cannot develop the experience that Draymond Green brings, along with Danny Green, with HIGH IQ/versatile abilities on OFF and DEFENSE

Ron--I understand you like Drey Green. I think you get this--the Knicks will not have Drey Green. They will not have K Leonard or Jimmy Butler--why post the same thing--makes ) sense? This post has to do with the talent in the 2nd round for guards. We dont need to spend big money on guards--we can mine our own. What that has to do with Dray Green I have no idea. The Knicks need to find their own Dray Greens--were not getting their's.

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
4/27/2015  1:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2015  1:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
RonRon wrote:While these players could be good players, you cannot compair young talent with EXPERIENCED players that have FINALS EXPERIENCE, while playing versus NBA FINALS CONTENDERS ON MULTIPLE YEARS

Ron--I understand you like Drey Green. I think you get this--the Knicks will not have Drey Green. They will not have K Leonard or Jimmy Butler--why post the same thing--makes ) sense? This post has to do with the talent in the 2nd round for guards. We dont need to spend big money on guards--we can mine our own. What that has to do with Dray Green I have no idea. The Knicks need to find their own Dray Greens--were not getting their's.

Possibly, however, it is actually higher chance to get Green over Kanter

I actually like reading a lot of your posts and that is why you need to understand the way you are evaluating talent is wrong/flawed
Whether we get Green or not is another story, you NEVER and STILL DO NOT THINK he is a MAX player and think Kanter is a MAX player is what bothers me

While GS's payroll is much higher than OKC's, while Durant is an expiring that OKC will not want to lose, so they will not give him more reasons to leave OKC without compensation

You recognize that Kanter and CA are not even average defenders, but insist that we should pay both the MAX in order to get them, leaving us 2 weakness's to attack, without properly filling our other needs
It isn't going to work, a reason why I did not think CA was a piece for us to build around as our first piece to begin with, not without enough young talent and future assets....

Whiteside should be our target in 2017, along with other BIGS like Al Hoford, Pau Gasol/Noah

Along with Durant and possibly even Lebron

In order to build a contender, we will need to force CA to reconsider his no trade clause and acquire assets and relieve his salary in the process, in orer to have more cap space in 2017
However, we can still sign players that are on cap friendly deals, that could be part of our future or/be traded as assets
And just as long as they are not overpaid, it will not hurt us, however, by insisting on gambling on a player like Kanter with CA, it puts us in 2010 all over again

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/27/2015  1:16 PM
Here's the thing. Phil is actively looking to add UDFA's like you posted above. We already saw this, this season. That still shouldn't stop him from upgrading his top 6 rotation players with proven impact talent. Adding a Monroe, Ajinca, Danny Green or DeMarre Carroll for example, would immediately improve the team and wouldn't stop them from also adding young UDFA's.
Just to show the kind of talent in round #2 and UDFA a couple of examples

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy