Report: Sixers to select D’Angelo Russell in 2015 NBA Draft
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2015  5:57 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:I have not seem many players with a stroke like this guy. So rare.

Have you seen Tyler Harvey? If the Knicks could get a 2nd rd pick he would be a nice consolation.

yeah ... he would be a great get

If it was just Russell's stroke which made him such a great prospect I could understand if Phil made a deal. But this kid has first rate court vision, and a great handle as well. Hard to see a scenario where we trade a player like that, to a division rival, and not regret it.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/26/2015  6:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:I have not seem many players with a stroke like this guy. So rare.

Have you seen Tyler Harvey? If the Knicks could get a 2nd rd pick he would be a nice consolation.

If it was just Russell's stroke which made him such a great prospect I could understand if Phil made a deal. But this kid has first rate court vision, and a great handle as well. Hard to see a scenario where we trade a player like that, to a division rival, and not regret it.

We are picking top 3....and trading anything lower.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2015  6:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2015  6:49 PM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:for Russell at #3 from Philly

Embidd
Picks 32 and 35 2015
2016 #1 restricted to 5 and then top 1 restriction from there on
one of their additional draft picks they picked up in 2016 and one in 2018

so Embidd, 2 number 1's, 32 and 35?

Russell ain't Hershell Walker

Nope you're missing a number 1

Joel Embiid
Their 2015 2nd round picks
A 2016 pick restricted to 5 then the following year to 1.
And two additional acquired picks of their 11 on e in 2016 and one in 2018 and we pick them.

Thats fair 3 number 1's 2#2s and a prospect. The number 3 pick this year has extremely high value and if we can get more darts and a prospect--I would do it. The bottom line is this--either theyd have to pay a substantial take or they would not get Russell. IF they believed Russell or Mudiay was the 2nd coming and used their first lottery pick on Towns or Okafor--I cant see the Knicks taking a penny less. When we traded for Carmelo who actually couldve walked--we traded a much higher compensation in total.

If you think the Knicks or anyone else would trad e pick 3 for a couple of twos and Embiid you're out of your gord--3 #1's 2#2's and Embiid.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler

4/26/2015  6:52 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

That's what I hear as well. Philly still might make an offer. I dont know what would be good enough to make Phil change his mind, or if Phil is even interested in Russell.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2015  7:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

That's what I hear as well. Philly still might make an offer. I dont know what would be good enough to make Phil change his mind, or if Phil is even interested in Russell.

In 2014 at the MIT Analytics Conference, Phil said that he loves Curry so IMO he should also love the kind of player that Russell is cuz he's the closest thing to Curry in this draft. A very talented SG/PG who can score from anywhere and make plays for others. I can't see Phil not liking that. He's talked about bigs and needing penetration. He can get one of those in the top 3 picks.
GustavBahler

4/26/2015  7:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

In 2014 at the MIT Analytics Conference, Phil said that he loves Curry so IMO he should also love the kind of player that Russell is cuz he's the closest thing to Curry in this draft. A very talented SG/PG who can score from anywhere and make plays for others. I can't see Phil not liking that. He's talked about bigs and needing penetration. He can get one of those in the top 3 picks.

Spoke highly of him at the game he went to as well. Phil also spoke of the importance of defense which isnt Russell's strong suit right now. Phil has no real track record to go on, hard to say what he will do.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/26/2015  8:57 PM
We all knew this already as soon as they traded MCW. Russell can shoot which is what Philly prefers.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

4/27/2015  10:35 AM
jamp wrote:If Russell is even half as good as Curry, we better grab him anywhere we pick. Did you see
how Curry just seems to be toying with anyone who guards him. I wanted Towns with the first
pick but now I think I want Russell.

Russell is nice dude; I would love for the Knicks to draft that kid. If you ask me, I believe he is THE most NBA ready player out of all the guys in this draft. Court vision, passing ability, not feline quickness, but steady; long, splendid shooting; etc.

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
RonRon
Member: #246
4/27/2015  1:22 PM
With their draft pricks, they can hit or miss many times, they made a great trade for Holiday with the way Noel has developed in 1 season already, in addition to Embid

They have many future draft picks and the cap space to sign MULTIPLE FA's and even TOP TIER MAX CONTRACTS in 2017 and after

Same with Boston, as they have some nice young players and multiple draft picks as well

These teams are the same teams we have to compete with for our future, along with the other upcoming teams and already established teams
Without much draft picks upcoming, limited cap space, and not much HIGH CEILING players, it is unlikely to happen

Knicks1969
Member: #5915

4/27/2015  4:34 PM
If we win the top pick, and Philly get the third, I can see Phil pick Russell and trade him to Philly for Towns and perhaps Winslow. They already have so many young talents, all they need is a great trigger and floor leader like Russell.
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/27/2015  6:02 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:If we win the top pick, and Philly get the third, I can see Phil pick Russell and trade him to Philly for Towns and perhaps Winslow. They already have so many young talents, all they need is a great trigger and floor leader like Russell.

One can only dream of such an outcome. Besides, if he does that he risks losing Towns to pick #2.

Not worth the risk.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/27/2015  6:48 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:If we win the top pick, and Philly get the third, I can see Phil pick Russell and trade him to Philly for Towns and perhaps Winslow. They already have so many young talents, all they need is a great trigger and floor leader like Russell.

I can't see Philly willing to give a potential Towns and Winslow for a Russell without him being an established star in the league.

It would have to be for say Towns, one or 2 of there later picks and(depending on if you are getting 1 or 2 of there picks) one of there young players currently on the roster.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/27/2015  8:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

not if he doesn't defend. how is he as a defender?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/27/2015  8:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Embidd
Picks 32 and 35 2015

Joel Embiid
And two additional acquired picks of their 11 on e in 2016 and one in 2018 and we pick them.

Thats fair 3 number 1's 2#2s and a prospect. The number 3 pick this year has extremely high value and if we can get more darts and a prospect--I would do it. The bottom line is this--either theyd have to pay a substantial take or they would not get Russell. IF they believed Russell or Mudiay was the 2nd coming and used their first lottery pick on Towns or Okafor--I cant see the Knicks taking a penny less. When we traded for Carmelo who actually couldve walked--we traded a much higher compensation in total.

If you think the Knicks or anyone else would trad e pick 3 for a couple of twos and Embiid you're out of your gord--3 #1's 2#2's and Embiid.

There's no way Philly does that. Everything they've done since Hinkie got there is about asset collection.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/27/2015  9:14 PM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Embidd
Picks 32 and 35 2015

Joel Embiid

There's no way Philly does that. Everything they've done since Hinkie got there is about asset collection.

right ... 0/1000

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/27/2015  9:59 PM
I'm just worried about Tyler Harvey shooting the lights out in pre draft workouts then shooting up into the 1st. Knicks need to make an ol promise and tell him to shut it down.
Report: Sixers to select D’Angelo Russell in 2015 NBA Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy