[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thanasis vs Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2015  12:10 PM
You look around at these playoff teams and many have a blue collar defender/role player type of guy who is in the middle of the action and having a big impact on the team. Carrol, Green(s), etc etc.. you get the idea.

Ive been high on the prospect of offering Demarre Carrol a contract, but perhaps rather than spending $5-$8mm for a guy like that we can find our own.

I would say without question that Jefferson is the best wing defender in college ball. This was the guy that ruined Russell's tourney. Seems most mocks have in the 20s, where I think a pick for THjr could be had.

However maybe we have our own guy in the Dleague. Thanasis just earned 2nd team all defensive honors. Lets compare:
Physicals:
RHJeff- 6'7 7'0 wingpan
Thanasis- 6'6 7'0 winspan

stats
RHJeff- 11ppg 6.8rebs 1.6asts 1.2stls 0.8blks (29mpg NCAA)
Thanasis- 14ppg 6.2rebs 1.6asts 1.7stls 1.6blks (32mpg NBDL)

Thoughts? I really feel like with the guard heavy offenses you need a handful of these guys in your rotation.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2015  12:46 PM
I really am looking forward to seeing Thanasis next year. He just has an energy level that any good team needs. He's one of the reasons i'm optimistic about the future for this team. Guys like Galloway, Early, Acy and Thanasis are the new type of players that Phil has quietly been targeting along with older guys like Amundson and Thomas. If someone is paying attention you can see the trend moving toward hard nose players. Heck even Schved for as skinny as he is actually plays very aggressively. Which is why I hope he gets stronger, to be able to endure the punishment. Phil wants aggressive players who defend.

We have to remember that we do have some young and developing players who can still get better. Who the heck knows about that kid Labeyrie, but we do know he's a high motor guy, again in a similar type like Thanasis. It'll be interesting to see who they draft and undrafted players they sign as well.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2015  1:10 PM
Thanasis, Shved and Galloway should get together in the offseason and shoot at least 500 jump shots a day from all over the court.

Thanasis has to "finalize" his shooting form so the mechanics are automatic. If he can do this you might think of him as a substitute for that #1 pick we're not going to have next year. He turns 23 in July, so he is still young, but you really want to see him address his biggest weakness before next season begins.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2015  1:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Thanasis, Shved and Galloway should get together in the offseason and shoot at least 500 jump shots a day from all over the court.

Thanasis has to "finalize" his shooting form so the mechanics are automatic. If he can do this you might think of him as a substitute for that #1 pick we're not going to have next year. He turns 23 in July, so he is still young, but you really want to see him address his biggest weakness before next season begins.

I actually have a lot of faith in Thanasis work ethic and how he's already showing good progress on his weaknesses.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2015  1:38 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Thanasis, Shved and Galloway should get together in the offseason and shoot at least 500 jump shots a day from all over the court.

I actually have a lot of faith in Thanasis work ethic and how he's already showing good progress on his weaknesses.

He also has brothers who play the game, which can be helpful. Not sure if the brother on the Bucks is a great shooter, either, but I have not seen him play much. Sometimes being a superior athlete who is able to get to the basket at will during their developing years means less time spent on jump shooting, and in the NBA that is the difference between being a 10 MPG player and one who plays 35mpg.

Hopefully he solves this problem.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/24/2015  3:34 PM
Labeyrie doesn't look terrible either in that high energy role. I think that Summer League will be fun to watch with these high energy guys... Galloway, Antekoumnpo, Early, Labeyrie and TOWNS (please please please).
This is the Randle.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2015  3:50 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Labeyrie doesn't look terrible either in that high energy role. I think that Summer League will be fun to watch with these high energy guys... Galloway, Antekoumnpo, Early, Labeyrie and TOWNS (please please please).
If I could score cheap tix (Vegas in the summer should be cheap) I would go fly out and see that team
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/24/2015  5:24 PM
fishmike wrote:You look around at these playoff teams and many have a blue collar defender/role player type of guy who is in the middle of the action and having a big impact on the team. Carrol, Green(s), etc etc.. you get the idea.

Ive been high on the prospect of offering Demarre Carrol a contract, but perhaps rather than spending $5-$8mm for a guy like that we can find our own.

I would say without question that Jefferson is the best wing defender in college ball. This was the guy that ruined Russell's tourney. Seems most mocks have in the 20s, where I think a pick for THjr could be had.

However maybe we have our own guy in the Dleague. Thanasis just earned 2nd team all defensive honors. Lets compare:
Physicals:
RHJeff- 6'7 7'0 wingpan

stats

Thoughts? I really feel like with the guard heavy offenses you need a handful of these guys in your rotation.

Another guy I wouldn't mind the Knicks inviting to summer league is Sir Dominic Pointer. Reminds me a lot of Thanasis. He's a full court player who's guarded every position. He also needs to work on his three, like Thanasis.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2015  5:37 PM
fishmike wrote:You look around at these playoff teams and many have a blue collar defender/role player type of guy who is in the middle of the action and having a big impact on the team. Carrol, Green(s), etc etc.. you get the idea.

Physicals:
RHJeff- 6'7 7'0 wingpan

stats

I would like to see Thanasis get a chance. Also there is a guy in the d league, Jarrell Eddie who as been getting a lot of press recently. He is 6'7 and is described as a 3 and d guy. I haven't watched him play other than a few YouTube highlights but he has been compared to Danny Green. He is the guy that won the d league 3 pt contest.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/24/2015  6:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Physicals:
RHJeff- 6'7 7'0 wingpan

stats

Another guy I wouldn't mind the Knicks inviting to summer league is Sir Dominic Pointer. Reminds me a lot of Thanasis. He's a full court player who's guarded every position. He also needs to work on his three, like Thanasis.

I would love to see the Knicks pick him up - played locally, energy and intangibles player - I don't need shooting to start with, just quickness and pesky defense. If he develops a shot, he stays in the league past 5 years.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/24/2015  7:35 PM
I think Thanny will be one of our three most important players next year. I think he will be what we all wished Fish Lips would have been
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/24/2015  11:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Physicals:
RHJeff- 6'7 7'0 wingpan

stats

He didn't miss a single shot in that video..that's just amazing... we should definitely sign him

Really though, I think these kinds of guys with superior athleticism have a place in the league. If not signing them, getting them to Westchester should be a priority.

This is the Randle.
Thanasis vs Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy