[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Simple Yes or No: Do Knicks Make The Playoffs Next Season?
Author Thread
FireWoodson
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5899

4/23/2015  12:45 PM
Phil recently said don't expect big things next year, Fish said we will be 63-19.

What do you think? Playoffs next season: Yes or No?

No.
We'll be around 35 wins, in the hunt for eighth playoff spot, but not get in. That's the reality of next season.

No playoffs in 2015/16.

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/23/2015  1:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  1:01 PM
We've only got 3 guys under contract next year, a draft pick that could produce a star and approximately $30 million in cap space, which are ingredients to go from worst to first if utilized correctly. So short answer: I have no clue if we'll make the playoffs. Neither do you, unless you have a crystal ball you're not telling me of. But troll on good sir.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/23/2015  1:04 PM
What a ludicrous question. We haven't drafted a player or contracted any FA yet. How are we supposed to fathom what will happen next season.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/23/2015  1:39 PM
+ show ignored post

Actually, I happen to know the franchise will fold right before the draft and there will be no 2015-16 season. So you are correct, no playoffs.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/23/2015  1:42 PM
We only make the playoffs if we trade for Prigs and JR, and sign Tyson, Shump and Amar'e
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

4/23/2015  2:01 PM
We don't even know who will be on the roster
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/23/2015  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  2:44 PM
I think he's basically asking, Base on what you have seen so far, do you think phil will build a team that will make it to the playoff, and do you think fisher has learned enough to lead a slightly better roster to the playoffs. The comments that phil recently made leaves a lot of doubt and expectation of any real success next season.
ES
FireWoodson
Member: #5899

4/23/2015  3:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I think he's basically asking, Based on what you have seen so far,...phil ...fisher ....

You got it, knicks1248. Not exactly a high concept question. Didn't realize it would throw some people here for a loop.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/23/2015  3:55 PM
I think we'll miss the play offs - but, hopefully competitive and moving in the right direction. Regardless of who is on the roster - we have a 15 year track record of doing poorly. Whoever we pick will likely be young and need a year or two before they start to 'get it'

Miss play offs - hopefully barely.

Moonangie

4/23/2015  4:34 PM
FireWoodson wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I think he's basically asking, Based on what you have seen so far,...phil ...fisher ....

You got it, knicks1248. Not exactly a high concept question. Didn't realize it would throw some people here for a loop.

Glad to see the two morons supporting each other. Guess somebody's gotta do it.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/23/2015  5:04 PM
Simple Yes or No: is this thread even dumber than the other one?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/24/2015  8:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:Simple Yes or No: is this thread even dumber than the other one?

Simple <-- key word.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/24/2015  10:58 AM
Moonangie wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

Do you ride a yellow short bus to work, or school..that would make you a slow learner..retard.

Everything doesn't always have to be on the surface to understand the question.

Do you trust the abilities of fish and phil to build a playoff team next season?

ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/24/2015  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2015  11:46 AM
.200 team run by a GM with an unimpressive first 14 months? Obviously the odds are against us and it would be blind optimism to think the answer is yes.
With the cap space and draft pick, there is the possibility of a pleasant surprise though.
If we don't make the playoffs, we hand over another lottery pick.
Moonangie

4/24/2015  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2015  12:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

Do you ride a yellow short bus to work, or school..that would make you a slow learner..retard.

Do you trust the abilities of fish and phil to build a playoff team next season?

I trust Phil and Fish to lead the team, to draft the best player available, and to add complementary pieces via free agency. I trust them to acquire players with a team-first attitude. I trust them to teach fundamentals, not just re: hoops, but also about character, patience, perseverance, discipline, and integrity - characteristics of professionalism and a winning culture.

I also trust them to implement the triangle effectively. I trust them to teach rather than dictate, to reward those who demonstrate an understanding of the team's direction and who elevate the team's identity. I expect Fisher to grow as a coach, and Phil to imbue in Fisher the confidence to weather any storms invented by the media (and disgruntled fans like you) to sell papers.

The playoffs next season? Da phuck I care about that at this stage? I want to build a lasting identity, a culture of winning, and the character to eventually contend for a championship. I am sick of idiots like you and your ilk who simplify everything to "where's the chip?" You are exactly the sort of fan that Dolan caters to and who make success so difficult to achieve in NYC.

I detest your attitude and would fire both of you if I could.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2015  1:00 PM
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

I trust Phil and Fish to lead the team, to draft the best player available, and to add complementary pieces via free agency. I trust them to acquire players with a team-first attitude. I trust them to teach fundamentals, not just re: hoops, but also about character, patience, perseverance, discipline, and integrity - characteristics of professionalism and a winning culture.

I also trust them to implement the triangle effectively. I trust them to teach rather than dictate, to reward those who demonstrate an understanding of the team's direction and who elevate the team's identity. I expect Fisher to grow as a coach, and Phil to imbue in Fisher the confidence to weather any storms invented by the media (and disgruntled fans like you) to sell papers.

The playoffs next season? Da phuck I care about that at this stage? I want to build a lasting identity, a culture of winning, and the character to eventually contend for a championship. I am sick of idiots like you and your ilk who simplify everything to "where's the chip?" You are exactly the sort of fan that Dolan caters to and who make success so difficult to achieve in NYC.

His remarks all year have been ridiculous--I don't even understand what he is saying. It was a mosh posh mess of a team--it just went south and that was that.

I personally think that what you are saying has some merit--but in sports why cant a team strive for a longer term goal while still trying to achieve short term one's? It serves us no good to fail next year as we have no pick. I would like us to be as aggressive as possible improving the team this year--to whatever that amounts to and not prematurely think were going to sck. I think there are avenues to improve rapidly and luckily were in the east where you can go from bad to swell pretty quickly. I'm not buying the juice of complete patience but rather reasonable expectations to improve.

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2015  1:09 PM
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

Man this was a great post. Perfectly said. Thank you.

And Briggs, sure there can be success next year. But the attempt to achieve that should not come at the expense of the above points, and with Dolan's regime it ALWAYS has.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2015  1:11 PM
It's impossible at this stage to say what will happen, but in terms of trusting Phil and Fish and the entire staff, I feel very confident in what they're doing. They're molding this franchise in the ways of their championship teams. Teaching them the same ways that they taught the players on their title teams. Too much is being made from this season IMO. Some fans and media are acting like this was Phil's best shot and now we're screwed. In fact the last year wasn't Phil's best shot and we all knew it wasn't his best shot. We all knew that the real work would be done this summer, even if the team played better this year, it was still going to be a big summer of change.

Now since Phil flushed the roster early, we have been on a very clear path towards this draft and free agency. There's a top 5 pick and we know we have enough money for a few key players to be added. That's all we can know at this point, but beyond that we have already established a new culture here. Guys played hard even if they didn't always play well. We've got a lot of young players to continue to develop, with more coming in, along with a few solid vets we sign in free agency. That's it.

Moonangie

4/24/2015  1:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
FireWoodson wrote:

His remarks all year have been ridiculous--I don't even understand what he is saying. It was a mosh posh mess of a team--it just went south and that was that.

I personally think that what you are saying has some merit--but in sports why cant a team strive for a longer term goal while still trying to achieve short term one's? It serves us no good to fail next year as we have no pick. I would like us to be as aggressive as possible improving the team this year--to whatever that amounts to and not prematurely think were going to sck. I think there are avenues to improve rapidly and luckily were in the east where you can go from bad to swell pretty quickly. I'm not buying the juice of complete patience but rather reasonable expectations to improve.

I don't think we are going to suck. I would not be surprised to make the playoffs, considering we will have a healthy Melo, et al. But that should not be the focus. What should? The stuff I said. Results will then take care of themselves.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/24/2015  2:21 PM
Everything that Phil is doing and has said has been with a view to creating longterm success. I really can't take this idea that somehow this man is unaware of the very things that lead to winning long term just cuz this season didn't workout and he decided to scrap it. If anything that shows just how serious he is. He knew he'd be killed for how things went this year. He did the right thing. We as fans shouldn't be pissed at Phil but rather we should be very happy that he's finally making the right moves with this franchise.

Nothing he's said about how they plan to proceed sounds irrational or off base. He's talking about sound decisions and solid basketball principles. The media and some fans can laugh at Phil all they want but I think that it is shortsighted. To me it shows a lack of understanding of just what makes this man tick and how much he cares about turning this franchise around.
It's these very impatient fans and media who are the reason that this team has never been able to rebuild properly. The nastiness and vitriol makes Dolan and GM's panic and make bad moves.
This time Dolan is standing back and letting Phil do what he has to do.

Simple Yes or No: Do Knicks Make The Playoffs Next Season?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy