[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Insider: Chad on the Knicks
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/3/2004  11:23 AM
THe one thing about this years expiring deals which I believe Rich alluded to, is that Dikembe Mutumbo, Othella Harrington and Cezary Trybanksi arent exactly attractive to a team before the season starts. These guys dont have much hope of contributing except Harrington. Its too early for teams to sell of their assets.

The best way to get them to bite is to add Kurt Thomas, but you're adding a bunch of medicore/below average PF-C to an average PF-C.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/3/2004  11:35 AM
Posted by VDesai:

THe one thing about this years expiring deals which I believe Rich alluded to, is that Dikembe Mutumbo, Othella Harrington and Cezary Trybanksi arent exactly attractive to a team before the season starts. These guys dont have much hope of contributing except Harrington. Its too early for teams to sell of their assets.

The best way to get them to bite is to add Kurt Thomas, but you're adding a bunch of medicore/below average PF-C to an average PF-C.

you're right. they're not that attractive BEFORE the season starts. that's why i think this offseason will be pretty quiet, which is perfectly fine. i think isiah will be able to move these guys at the allstar break when teams start giving and blowing up.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/4/2004  2:49 AM
The toughest thing about this Knicks team is that we don't have a clear plan of how this team will pan out. There are so many question marks with our current roster. What style of play best suits us? Does anyone on our roster play on both ends of the court? Who are our top scoring threats outside of Marbury?

This is clearly the mark of a team in transition right now. I am willing to cut Lenny Wilkens some slack, because the answers to these questions are not clearly apparent to anyone. Houston's long term health and aging remain long term question marks. Will Tim Thomas have found a home and a role? He's clearly in a position where he could put up career numbers across the board, but will he respond to the challenge?

The Knicks are capable of reaching .500 and above IMHO, but I don't think they'll truly be capable of contending with this current group. Keys to this coming season are finding roles for TT, Sweetney, FW, and Mohammed... and finding out who's going to be our jump shooting threat.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Insider: Chad on the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy