[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Great article about Rondo and his psyche (who knew how smart this guy was)
Author Thread
Red
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6016

4/26/2015  8:50 AM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:Posted by Red in another thread but I thought that this article was so great and insightful that it needed its own post

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12587848/old-questions-surface-new-dallas-mavericks-point-guard-rajon-rondo

good read. he probably felt isolated at an early age for being a genius, and because of that became quite anxious. for all his brilliance he seems emotionally stunted and likely quite lonely. paradoxically, he maintains a sense of self by being an intellectual bully of sorts, which maintains the isolated condition he is familiar with by alienating others.

i'd love to see him as a knick so he could receive some zen treatment. maybe not an ideal fit in the triangle but at least in new york city he could find many more intellectual peers.

I agree. Mistakes were made when he was a child. You can't allow a precocious child to grow up believing he is surrounded by inferior minds, and that somehow showing a lack of respect and lack of patience is the appropriate response. Normal socialization, learning how to get along with others, did not take place. The result is an adult who cannot tolerate any disagreements with his "superior" decision making, superior intelligence. This emotional handicap, a severe handicap it is, insures a situation where he will always be his own worse enemy. Unfortunately, it's his way or the highway when he is on the court and his coach is asking him to do something he sees as mistaken. Such a talent, but he really cannot think of the team first. He just can't do it.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2015  9:18 AM
I briefly wanted Rondo to play in NY after he seemed to be on his best behavior with a rookie coach in Boston. Looked like he put his diva ways behind him. This run with the Mavs makes me hope that Phil isnt even considering Rondo. Rondo is like a ticking time bomb, don't give him everything he wants and he explodes. Melo might want him in NY now but I doubt he would feel this way if Rondo started freezing him out just so he can jack up one brick after another.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/28/2015  1:33 PM
Article about Rondo and Lakers - I could see the Lakers signing Rondo just because they can't get anyone else this summer. (I could also sort of see that happening to the Knicks, but I have a feeling it'll be Greg Monroe who is our guy we sign because we can't get anyone else.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2446050-lakers-have-plenty-of-reasons-to-add-rajon-rondo-but-will-proceed-with-caution

¿ △ ?
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/28/2015  1:36 PM
crzymdups wrote:Article about Rondo and Lakers - I could see the Lakers signing Rondo just because they can't get anyone else this summer. (I could also sort of see that happening to the Knicks, but I have a feeling it'll be Greg Monroe who is our guy we sign because we can't get anyone else.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2446050-lakers-have-plenty-of-reasons-to-add-rajon-rondo-but-will-proceed-with-caution

Monroe's lack of defensive stats troubles me. Might as well re-visit that dAVId LEE trade.

This is the Randle.
crzymdups
USA
4/28/2015  2:16 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Article about Rondo and Lakers - I could see the Lakers signing Rondo just because they can't get anyone else this summer. (I could also sort of see that happening to the Knicks, but I have a feeling it'll be Greg Monroe who is our guy we sign because we can't get anyone else.)

Monroe's lack of defensive stats troubles me. Might as well re-visit that dAVId LEE trade.

Oh I agree. Hate Monroe. I think DLee is a better player than him. In fact, I would pursue a cap space trade of DLee before chasing Monroe, who is a net negative player in my mind. DLee is too, but not quite as bad or as expensive.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/28/2015  3:40 PM
crzymdups wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Oh I agree. Hate Monroe. I think DLee is a better player than him. In fact, I would pursue a cap space trade of DLee before chasing Monroe, who is a net negative player in my mind. DLee is too, but not quite as bad or as expensive.

I think GS would give up an asset or pick or two if we took Lee's deal from them. Green is getting big money and they are looking at a massive luxury bill. We could definatly exploit that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/29/2015  3:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I think GS would give up an asset or pick or two if we took Lee's deal from them. Green is getting big money and they are looking at a massive luxury bill. We could definatly exploit that

David Lee has unfortunately aged the past season or two- lots of injuries too. If your taking him, it's really just for the pick as I don't think he'll be able to contribute much.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
4/29/2015  6:14 AM
Call me old fashioned but taking David Lee back in exchange for GS low pick works for me. One year of David Lee and a pick for $15 million makes the Knicks a little better and, hey, maybe he'll sign on a bench player for a song if everyone plays nice.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2015  8:00 AM
Dlee and a pick, or Gerald wallace and a pick.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2015  8:17 AM
Red wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:Posted by Red in another thread but I thought that this article was so great and insightful that it needed its own post

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12587848/old-questions-surface-new-dallas-mavericks-point-guard-rajon-rondo

good read. he probably felt isolated at an early age for being a genius, and because of that became quite anxious. for all his brilliance he seems emotionally stunted and likely quite lonely. paradoxically, he maintains a sense of self by being an intellectual bully of sorts, which maintains the isolated condition he is familiar with by alienating others.

i'd love to see him as a knick so he could receive some zen treatment. maybe not an ideal fit in the triangle but at least in new york city he could find many more intellectual peers.

I agree. Mistakes were made when he was a child. You can't allow a precocious child to grow up believing he is surrounded by inferior minds, and that somehow showing a lack of respect and lack of patience is the appropriate response. Normal socialization, learning how to get along with others, did not take place. The result is an adult who cannot tolerate any disagreements with his "superior" decision making, superior intelligence. This emotional handicap, a severe handicap it is, insures a situation where he will always be his own worse enemy. Unfortunately, it's his way or the highway when he is on the court and his coach is asking him to do something he sees as mistaken. Such a talent, but he really cannot think of the team first. He just can't do it.

My son had a bit of this growing up. Take all of that, then the enabling factors of being a coveted basketball player and all that goes with that privilege you can see how it manifests itself into what is Rondo. This was his rap out of college and why he fell in the draft.

My son did not have the enabling factors and in time we had to let humility set in. Its easy to have all the information in your head but "Knowledge" is gained when you experience it and feel it. My son was coasting thru college, getting grades but not really committed. He had a successful radio program on a very large campus and was scoring goals like crazy on the hockey team. I told him he had to pay his rent and reconsider his major if he wanted to stay their. He did, now he is 24, graduated, engaged to marry and a great position with a young start up company. I knew he could not work in a large corp setting (was evident by the 3rd grade actually!) so he either had to start up his own company or a start up. He was setting up his own company but got scooped up by a larger one and really is a good opportunity.

Rondo's parental structure likely did not have the oversight to help him and by all means he is successful. That is not the issue, its about being happy. This type of personality gets agitated and frustrated by others. This was my concern with my son that he'd become very introverted. My father in law has this trait. Strong athletic motor and a keen mind. Does not understand why others get tired or understand all he does.

Happy to say my son is doing just fine. Rondo is too, but I hope he grow thru it. google his image, maybe one picture of him smiling.

crzymdups
USA
4/29/2015  4:52 PM
¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/30/2015  10:23 AM
Nalod wrote:Dlee and a pick, or Gerald wallace and a pick.

I thought you were the Anti-Starphucque union rep? DLee? How many ways can you say defen-sieve?

Phil creates a sustainable culture by bringing in way past their prime liabilities at $15MM or $10MM? The man's being crucified for spending $14MM of an exploding cap on Calderone, even though we got two possibly quality yoots in the deal.

Never realized Wallace was more than average at D, though. Boston would give us a first rounder? Ainge has never given us anything of value before that I can remember.

crzymdups
USA
5/6/2015  1:24 PM
The Mavs are really just destorying Rondo's rep left and right at this point.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25176159/according-to-dirk-charlie-villanueva-beat-rondo-in-connect-four

¿ △ ?
Great article about Rondo and his psyche (who knew how smart this guy was)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy