[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I could see Aldridge coming here
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/23/2015  7:43 AM
holfresh wrote:He was clearly forcing shots up..But no one was helping..

it's a team game, not 5 games of one on one. and just like the critique of carmelo, lamarcus aldridge needs to be that very help to others. one way to do that in a relatively "passive" way is to take fewer shots, fewer bad shots.

he has taken more the last couple of seasons and his FG% has become very similar to melo's, around 46%. that is simply not good enough. meanwhile he has also become more selfish-- take a look at his usage and his assist rate... the ratio is too high. lastly, he is really not much of a defender. all in all, a strikingly similar player to carmelo anthony.

in the team game it is quite clear that melo doesn't make others better and that aldridge doesn't make others better and that stat didn't make others better and that bargnani doesn't make others better. the net result is underachieving.

so why even consider bringing in aldridge? it's insane to keep making the same mistake and expecting different results!

again: dumb idea

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/23/2015  7:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  7:59 AM
Yea it's pretty dumb which is why I can see him on the Knicks next year.

I prefer Monroe. Better passer and rebounder. Better synergy . Cheaper. Better fit for triangle. Melo/Aldridge IS Melo/Amare all over again.
Heck Kevin Love would be a better fit here as far as balance goes

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/23/2015  8:28 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:He was clearly forcing shots up..But no one was helping..

it's a team game, not 5 games of one on one. and just like the critique of carmelo, lamarcus aldridge needs to be that very help to others. one way to do that in a relatively "passive" way is to take fewer shots, fewer bad shots.

he has taken more the last couple of seasons and his FG% has become very similar to melo's, around 46%. that is simply not good enough. meanwhile he has also become more selfish-- take a look at his usage and his assist rate... the ratio is too high. lastly, he is really not much of a defender. all in all, a strikingly similar player to carmelo anthony.

in the team game it is quite clear that melo doesn't make others better and that aldridge doesn't make others better and that stat didn't make others better and that bargnani doesn't make others better. the net result is underachieving.

so why even consider bringing in aldridge? it's insane to keep making the same mistake and expecting different results!

again: dumb idea

Did u see the game?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2015  8:52 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea it's pretty dumb which is why I can see him on the Knicks next year.

I prefer Monroe. Better passer and rebounder. Better synergy . Cheaper. Better fit for triangle. Melo/Aldridge IS Melo/Amare all over again.

it wasnt an idea.. it was an observation. Not sure too many people here are saying "we must get Aldridge." I certainly didnt as I started the topic. I just see it as a possibility because there is some fit there.

That being said Aldridge is so much better than Monroe its not even up for a debate dude. Not even close.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
4/23/2015  8:56 AM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:aldridge with a very melo-like effort once again. yeeesh

The other 3 Blazers helping with the scoring were 13-44 combined..So yeah, he is like Melo in a lot of ways..

Im afraid of repeating the melo and stat disaster, by adding these scoring bigs thats weak on defense.

there is this.... but LA isnt the terrible defender that Amare is. Much of this would dependant on who we draft. But looking at the triangle, LA is a nice fit there.

Would people prefer Love? Or just pass on both?

holfresh

4/23/2015  8:58 AM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:aldridge with a very melo-like effort once again. yeeesh

The other 3 Blazers helping with the scoring were 13-44 combined..So yeah, he is like Melo in a lot of ways..

Im afraid of repeating the melo and stat disaster, by adding these scoring bigs thats weak on defense.

Aldridge is a completely different player than STAT..He is not weak on defense..He is the best defensive big available..He is averaging 4 blk per in 2 games..Can shoot the three..A true post player who uses the backboard, soft hooks in the lane..Think he is pulling down 14 boards per..STAT can't do these things..U can't double him and Melo..
holfresh

4/23/2015  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2015  9:16 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea it's pretty dumb which is why I can see him on the Knicks next year.

Monroe is not a better defender, rebounder and cannot carry a team..Monroe has led 30 win teams the last 4 years in the East..Aldridge has led his teams to the playoffs the last 6 years in the West..Aldridge steps it up in the playoffs as well..Monroe isn't that kind of player..It's not even close..You really think not having a motor and yearning to win don't matter??

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/23/2015  9:48 AM
holfresh wrote:

Monroe is not a better defender, rebounder and cannot carry a team..Monroe has led 30 win teams the last 4 years in the East..Aldridge has led his teams to the playoffs the last 6 years in the West..Aldridge steps it up in the playoffs as well..Monroe isn't that kind of player..It's not even close..You really think not having a motor and yearning to win don't matter??

the debate between aldridge and monroe isn't even worth talking about, alridge is by far a superior player. plus to compare aldridge to amar'e is laughable, they are completely different players. aldridge does most of his damage 15-18feet while amar'e when he came here was doing his damage 12feet and in.

i actually think aldridge would be the perfect fit next to melo - we would need a rebounding/defensive center to pair with aldridge though.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
holfresh

4/23/2015  9:55 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
holfresh wrote:

the debate between aldridge and monroe isn't even worth talking about, alridge is by far a superior player. plus to compare aldridge to amar'e is laughable, they are completely different players. aldridge does most of his damage 15-18feet while amar'e when he came here was doing his damage 12feet and in.

i actually think aldridge would be the perfect fit next to melo - we would need a rebounding/defensive center to pair with aldridge though.

Ideally Aldridge, Towns, and Melo can be a 45/50 win team now..To me, Aldridge makes sense because he and Melo have another 3/4 good years left baring injury..After that you retool right around the time Phil calls it quits...

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/23/2015  10:03 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:we should've just drafted him
lol... yea well 8 years later we are still sifting through Isiah's bad deals.

At first I didnt want any of the 30 year old max guys. We have one of those already, but this team and roster is going to be pretty young, and you need balance. Aldridge or Gasol for 4 years makes sense. You need pros who know how to win. Melo alone isnt enough. The draft pick is going to a 20 year old kid, or even 19 if its Russell. Galloway is young and he's a rotation guy. Shved, Thanisis, Early, whoever comes back is going to be young. There will be a couple very good seniors who go undrafted and will be good role players in the NBA. Young.

We need a balance.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with just how much Phil does this free agency with additions cause I think everyone is expecting more to be done than even Phil is expecting himself. This is not a team that can and will be rebuilt in just this free agency and draft. I think Phil's plan is to get what pieces he can this free agency and finishing the rebuild the following year which will be good for whoever we draft cause whoever that is won't be able to be much help next season but should be ready to help the following season. I can't wait to see the meatballs go crazy on here when Phil doesn't get all that they want and are expecting. I hope I'm wrong and he gets everything we all want and we're ready to compete right away but I think it will take another year to put it all together.

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/23/2015  10:07 AM
holfresh wrote:

has LA carried his teams in the playoffs?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
fishmike
USA
4/23/2015  10:09 AM
holfresh wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Ideally Aldridge, Towns, and Melo can be a 45/50 win team now..To me, Aldridge makes sense because he and Melo have another 3/4 good years left baring injury..After that you retool right around the time Phil calls it quits...

The guy I see in that situation is OK4. OK4 clogs the lane and is a true big who lives in the paint, and his his post moves and passing you want to run the ball through him (yes, even at 20 years old). The reason is he doesnt force anything, and he's an excellent passer out of the double teams. Both Melo and LA are guys with excellent range, so you have 3 highly skilled bigs who's games dont bump into each other, they compliment. Also all 3 can play a couple spots and should be able to shift to smaller lineups nicely.

An OK4/Aldridge/Melo front line is huge, skilled and will be a fantastic rebounding front line. As LA/Melo start to fade as father time takes over OK4 emerges.

If we are talking about Towns I would prefer Gasol. Monroe seems like a better fit next to Town, and idealy he is, but he's not half the player LA is.

newyorker4ever

4/23/2015  10:15 AM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
OasisBU wrote:
holfresh wrote:I'm not sure if big name free agents will look at the Knicks as a destination to win now...The role players are an important piece to a puzzle when building a team..I'm not sure if we can say we have the right role players in place to attract a big name..It's not easy to get such players which is why Cleveland paid two first round picks to get Moz...It was absolutely dumb luck that they landed JR and Shump..

But as a duo, Melo and Aldridge can work well together in Phil's system..

Didn't Miami fill out most of its role players after the big 3 signed and with little cap room?

I think we would be fine, just need to get some top talent to sign and a good pick. The role players will come b

Yea.. Miami had like Wade and a blank slate. They maxed out Lebron/Bosh and were left with nothing but min type contracts to give out. Somehow I remember them adding Mike Miller with an MLE type deal but Im not quite sure how they were able to do that.

Once you get to the cap or go slightly over it, but stay below the "apron" you get a mid-level exception.

Though with the cap rising again in 2016 and 2017, I doubt Phil will use a mid-level - I think he'll try to keep that $20M in space for 2016 and maybe 2017 as well.

That's the thing - if the Knicks can build a really good foundation this summer they can actually get to the point where signing one marquee FA in 2016 and 2017 makes them contenders. But Melo by then will be probably quite similar to Wade - not the player he once was.

Melo will age way better then Wade aged for basketball purposes. Wade's knees went bad because of the way he played the game all those years and Melo's game is much different and much easier on the knees than Wade. I think Melo will be just as good a player at age 34 as he is now and will be able to do everything he does now at 34.

holfresh

4/23/2015  10:17 AM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
holfresh wrote:

The guy I see in that situation is OK4. OK4 clogs the lane and is a true big who lives in the paint, and his his post moves and passing you want to run the ball through him (yes, even at 20 years old). The reason is he doesnt force anything, and he's an excellent passer out of the double teams. Both Melo and LA are guys with excellent range, so you have 3 highly skilled bigs who's games dont bump into each other, they compliment. Also all 3 can play a couple spots and should be able to shift to smaller lineups nicely.

An OK4/Aldridge/Melo front line is huge, skilled and will be a fantastic rebounding front line. As LA/Melo start to fade as father time takes over OK4 emerges.

If we are talking about Towns I would prefer Gasol. Monroe seems like a better fit next to Town, and idealy he is, but he's not half the player LA is.

OK4 defense is poor and he isn't in shape..Melo and Aldridge is enough offense in the post..I think Towns is an immediate fit..However, I we can't land Aldridge, then I go with OK4 at the 4 and try to find a defensive big...

fishmike
USA
4/23/2015  10:21 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

has LA carried his teams in the playoffs?

He's been good. He gave the Rockets fit in that series win and they lost to the Spurs who won the title in convincing fashing. I mean Aldridge has flaws but he's a legit star.
newyorker4ever

4/23/2015  10:29 AM

Comparing LA TO Amare is absolutely ridiculous. There was no way of telling if Melo and Amare could of been good playing together because they never got enough floor time together to build anything with each other cause of Amare always being injured. LA and Melo would work very well with each other especially if you give the two of them the right PG to play with. You put a G.Dragic together with Melo and LA and add a big that can do the dirty work under the basket and a guy at the 2 spot that can shoot it and drive to the basket then that's a team that can make noise in the east.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/23/2015  10:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I would be happy as a pig in chit if that frontcourt happened

---

I know Aldridge doesn't necessarily fit the Charles Oakley mold but look at what Phil and DFish accomplished with Pau Gasol. That guy is a finesse player who maximized his talent.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorker4ever

4/23/2015  10:43 AM
Marc Stein just reported that the Spurs and Mavericks will both pursue LA in free agency. If Pop wants LA I think it's gonna be real hard to beat his recruiting edge that he'd have in offering him to take over for T.Duncan and to play for Pop in the Spurs organization.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/23/2015  10:44 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:Marc Stein just reported that the Spurs and Mavericks will both pursue LA in free agency. If Pop wants LA I think it's gonna be real hard to beat his recruiting edge that he'd have in offering him to take over for T.Duncan and to play for Pop in the Spurs organization.

well that is a match made in heaven

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
4/23/2015  10:51 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Marc Stein just reported that the Spurs and Mavericks will both pursue LA in free agency. If Pop wants LA I think it's gonna be real hard to beat his recruiting edge that he'd have in offering him to take over for T.Duncan and to play for Pop in the Spurs organization.

well that is a match made in heaven

and LA is from Texas
I could see Aldridge coming here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy