holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:at least he does not shoot lots of boring foul shots.

long jump shots on the other hand are really really exciting and old school which gets me going

did you see the stat at halftime where they pointed out that harden is seond all time in fta for a season?

guess who was first moses frickin malone!!! i suppose we can infer that holfresh must have loathed malone's game.

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, when have I said otherwise??

never mind the flops, what about the concept of scoring by taking free throws???? that was also a main beef of yours.

Find it..where is it a beef of mine..Please provide the link!!

okay so you are in fact okay with free throws as a form of scoring?

You are weak in character to even try that..U have never seen it from me but you try to imply it's something I said..Weak!!

checkmate

Like I said, less than honest, claiming something not earned...

man you really want to squirm out of this so badly. just face facts: scoring via free throws, by getting to the line, is GREAT for a player and his team. flopping is a relevant yet separate matter-- the free throw in and of itself is extremely effective in the playoffs especially, and efficiency is an agenda that not only coaches are campaigning for but top-flight players as well.

volume scorers-- guys who chuck without conscience and generally don't share the rock or get to the line enough-- are being phased out, and it's a boon to the game.

I never said scoring from the free throw line wasn't a great thing..It is..My two points of contention were TS% and Harden's flopping..The point of calling a player efficient for scoring 20 points on 10 shots..I then said well they don't count the attempts that turn into free throws..So essentially he took 15 shots, 5 not counted...So how is that efficient??..But somehow the dynamic duo found a way to twist it that I didn't like free throws and I think it's boring..Bravo...

Yep, take away the free throws and Harden is just a good player. I don't really agree with TS% lumping in free throws because I think it's slightly misleading. The problem with being reliant on your ability to draw FTs is that it puts you at the mercy of the refs- last years the refs decided not to make as many calls for Harden as they did in the regular season, this year they have decided they will. Still its an effective way to score if the refs aren't on some sort of agenda.

Agreed..And again, I'm not against advanced stats, I just don't see the point..It's not telling me anything I don't already know from traditional stats, if anything, it giving me less information..

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/29/2015  11:25 AM
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

long jump shots on the other hand are really really exciting and old school which gets me going

did you see the stat at halftime where they pointed out that harden is seond all time in fta for a season?

guess who was first moses frickin malone!!! i suppose we can infer that holfresh must have loathed malone's game.

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, when have I said otherwise??

never mind the flops, what about the concept of scoring by taking free throws???? that was also a main beef of yours.

You are weak in character to even try that..U have never seen it from me but you try to imply it's something I said..Weak!!

checkmate

man you really want to squirm out of this so badly. just face facts: scoring via free throws, by getting to the line, is GREAT for a player and his team. flopping is a relevant yet separate matter-- the free throw in and of itself is extremely effective in the playoffs especially, and efficiency is an agenda that not only coaches are campaigning for but top-flight players as well.

volume scorers-- guys who chuck without conscience and generally don't share the rock or get to the line enough-- are being phased out, and it's a boon to the game.

I never said scoring from the free throw line wasn't a great thing..It is..My two points of contention were TS% and Harden's flopping..The point of calling a player efficient for scoring 20 points on 10 shots..I then said well they don't count the attempts that turn into free throws..So essentially he took 15 shots, 5 not counted...So how is that efficient??..But somehow the dynamic duo found a way to twist it that I didn't like free throws and I think it's boring..Bravo...

Yep, take away the free throws and Harden is just a good player. I don't really agree with TS% lumping in free throws because I think it's slightly misleading. The problem with being reliant on your ability to draw FTs is that it puts you at the mercy of the refs- last years the refs decided not to make as many calls for Harden as they did in the regular season, this year they have decided they will. Still its an effective way to score if the refs aren't on some sort of agenda.

Agreed..And again, I'm not against advanced stats, I just don't see the point..It's not telling me anything I don't already know from traditional stats, if anything, it giving me less information..

Advanced stats are very useful for making people feel more intelligent than they would otherwise

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/29/2015  11:29 AM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

Advanced stats are very useful for making people feel more intelligent than they would otherwise

lol makes perfect sense on this forum

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/29/2015  12:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

Until they run into someone who really understands it, which I have seen, and maybe in this very thread...

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/30/2015  5:49 AM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

All aspects of the game are dependent on the refs.
However, Harden averaged only 1 less trip to the line a game last year than this year in the playoffs anyway. You can't take that and conclude the refs made a major change in their officiating. There are a million possibilities. Maybe he faced slightly better defense or was slightly injured and less aggressive? There are just random ups and downs in all stats in a sample of a few games also.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/30/2015  7:25 AM
Jason Quick has an article speculating about the future of Aldridge, Matthews, and Affalo because of the emergence of McCollum and Leonard.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/30/2015  10:43 AM
all you guys who want aldridge at the max should be really happy now because he very well maybe available after another stinky playoff performance.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
4/30/2015  10:48 AM
mreinman wrote:all you guys who want aldridge at the max should be really happy now because he very well maybe available after another stinky playoff performance.

Basically if he signs with the Spurs it will be heralded by the media as a great signing and proofof the greatness of the spurs and the greatness of Aldridge. If he signs with the Knicks it will be blasted as overpaying for a player who's going on 40, is injury prone, has rarely been out of the first round, etc etc.

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/30/2015  10:49 AM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:all you guys who want aldridge at the max should be really happy now because he very well maybe available after another stinky playoff performance.

Basically if he signs with the Spurs it will be heralded by the media as a great signing and proofof the greatness of the spurs and the greatness of Aldridge. If he signs with the Knicks it will be blasted as overpaying for a player who's going on 40, is injury prone, has rarely been out of the first round, etc etc.

probably but thats besides the point.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/30/2015  12:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:

if the spurs sign aldridge it means only one thing: they believe he is capable of being coached and that they will train him to tighten up his game and finally play the right way.... they can do that because their culture is too strong for any one player to not subsume his ego and not rework his game.

knicks have no such culture so of course it would be a bad signing.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

4/30/2015  1:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:

You just hit the nail square on the head.

Bonn1997
USA
4/30/2015  1:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:

It sounds like you're just whining. If the Knicks had made a lot of outstanding moves but were still being criticized and if the Spurs had made bad ones and were still being praised, you'd have a point. But both those premises are way off.
smackeddog
4/30/2015  2:31 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It sounds like you're just whining. If the Knicks had made a lot of outstanding moves but were still being criticized and if the Spurs had made bad ones and were still being praised, you'd have a point. But both those premises are way off.

Because you never whine

Bonn1997
USA
4/30/2015  3:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Because you never whine

Well I whine about being given a crappy team for the past 15 years. You seem to be whining because the fans are not being gentle enough towards Dolan's Knicks.

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

4/30/2015  8:04 PM
Hope to see the front office and relevant ppl like Melo could recruit LMA to come here. He is perfect fit in triangle.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/30/2015  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/30/2015  10:34 PM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237643/Damian-Lillard-To-Seek-Designated-Five-Year-Max-Deal-With-Blazers

It is being reported that Lillard is seeking the designated max extension this summer. The Blazers are going to be shelling out some serious cash this year. What could that luxury tax be this year if they retain their players? Could they try saving some money by letting Lopez go and moving Meyers into the starting unit?

I had hope that the knicks could have traded for Meyers early last year when his stock was low. However, I don't think his defense is ready yet but maybe you save the money and hope he takes a jump on D. idk.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/30/2015  10:43 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237643/Damian-Lillard-To-Seek-Designated-Five-Year-Max-Deal-With-Blazers

It is being reported that Lillard is seeking the designated max extension this summer. The Blazers are going to be shelling out some serious cash this year. What could that luxury tax be this year if they retain their players? Could they try saving some money by letting Lopez go and moving Meyers into the starting unit?

I had hope that the knicks could have traded for Meyers early last year when his stock was low. However, I don't think his defense is ready yet but maybe you save the money and hope he takes a jump on D. idk.

I could see them letting Lopez go. Is Kaman under contract next year? Kaman/Leonard isn't a bad option.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
stopstandthere

4/30/2015  11:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

That means the chance of LMA leaving Portland is bigger in this regard?

stopstandthere

4/30/2015  11:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

I could see them letting Lopez go. Is Kaman under contract next year? Kaman/Leonard isn't a bad option.

Also letting AAA and Matthew go as well?

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/30/2015  11:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Yes, he has a team option so it is up to Portland if they want him or not.

I could see Aldridge coming here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy