Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/28/2015  10:47 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:at least he does not shoot lots of boring foul shots.

long jump shots on the other hand are really really exciting and old school which gets me going

did you see the stat at halftime where they pointed out that harden is seond all time in fta for a season?

guess who was first moses frickin malone!!! i suppose we can infer that holfresh must have loathed malone's game.

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, when have I said otherwise??

never mind the flops, what about the concept of scoring by taking free throws???? that was also a main beef of yours.

Find it..where is it a beef of mine..Please provide the link!!

okay so you are in fact okay with free throws as a form of scoring?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/28/2015  10:48 PM
dirk's flopping did not work tonight
so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/28/2015  10:49 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

long jump shots on the other hand are really really exciting and old school which gets me going

did you see the stat at halftime where they pointed out that harden is seond all time in fta for a season?

guess who was first moses frickin malone!!! i suppose we can infer that holfresh must have loathed malone's game.

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, when have I said otherwise??

never mind the flops, what about the concept of scoring by taking free throws???? that was also a main beef of yours.

You are weak in character to even try that..U have never seen it from me but you try to imply it's something I said..Weak!!

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/28/2015  10:50 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

You are weak in character to even try that..U have never seen it from me but you try to imply it's something I said..Weak!!

I thought that you called it boring.

Also, I thought that you did not respect in within TS

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
USA
4/28/2015  10:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

4/28/2015  10:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I thought that you called it boring.

Also, I thought that you did not respect in within TS

Please provide the link..

holfresh

4/28/2015  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2015  10:56 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

Like I said, less than honest, claiming something not earned...

dk7th
USA
4/28/2015  11:17 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

man you really want to squirm out of this so badly. just face facts: scoring via free throws, by getting to the line, is GREAT for a player and his team. flopping is a relevant yet separate matter-- the free throw in and of itself is extremely effective in the playoffs especially, and efficiency is an agenda that not only coaches are campaigning for but top-flight players as well.

volume scorers-- guys who chuck without conscience and generally don't share the rock or get to the line enough-- are being phased out, and it's a boon to the game.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/29/2015  3:41 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I think he's confusing you with me- I'm the one who doesn't find watching people shoot free throws exciting. I've said numerous times Harden is a good player and deserves MVP, but I still don't actually enjoy watching him play. Not sure why the metrics crew find this so controversial.

smackeddog
4/29/2015  3:42 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

man you really want to squirm out of this so badly. just face facts: scoring via free throws, by getting to the line, is GREAT for a player and his team. flopping is a relevant yet separate matter-- the free throw in and of itself is extremely effective in the playoffs especially, and efficiency is an agenda that not only coaches are campaigning for but top-flight players as well.

volume scorers-- guys who chuck without conscience and generally don't share the rock or get to the line enough-- are being phased out, and it's a boon to the game.

Hey, they are a great way of scoring, but they ain't entertaining- thats why they never make the highlight reels.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/29/2015  5:58 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I remember you claiming it's not a reliable way to score, especially against playoff level defenses
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2015  8:24 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

this is rich... DK, your a true winner

In other news Tyson was really showed he's the xfactor. Invisible.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
USA
4/29/2015  8:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

you should be able to identify with holfresh's approach to honest dialogue, fishflop.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/29/2015  9:02 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

did tyson forget there was an elimination game last night? 6rebs in 36minutes - yikes! maybe he was a little under the weather...

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2015  9:08 AM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

you should be able to identify with holfresh's approach to honest dialogue, fishflop.

dialogue implies an exchange of ideas. As you have zero BB knowledge and even less understanding of athletic competition Ill pass. Your best off sticking to your skill set... blaming Melo for your life's misery and pining for TFK's return. Cheers
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2015  10:05 AM
Mchale has done a great job this year with that team.
Dallas was put together by Cube. Dude is starphuching it. Time to move on from Dirk and use him as a role player. Knicks tried to surround vets around Ewing was similar.
Rondo and Stat did not help. Parsons getting hurt sucked, but it happens.

So today we ok with the Tyson trade?

holfresh

4/29/2015  10:08 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I remember you claiming it's not a reliable way to score, especially against playoff level defenses

Yes indeed, I did say that in reference the Mr. Harden's flopping, that it wouldn't work in the playoffs if I remember correctly..

holfresh

4/29/2015  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2015  10:14 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

I never said scoring from the free throw line wasn't a great thing..It is..My two points of contention were TS% and Harden's flopping..The point of calling a player efficient for scoring 20 points on 10 shots..I then said well they don't count the attempts that turn into free throws..So essentially he took 15 shots, 5 not counted...So how is that efficient??..But somehow the dynamic duo found a way to twist it that I didn't like free throws and I think it's boring..Bravo...

smackeddog
4/29/2015  10:50 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

I never said scoring from the free throw line wasn't a great thing..It is..My two points of contention were TS% and Harden's flopping..The point of calling a player efficient for scoring 20 points on 10 shots..I then said well they don't count the attempts that turn into free throws..So essentially he took 15 shots, 5 not counted...So how is that efficient??..But somehow the dynamic duo found a way to twist it that I didn't like free throws and I think it's boring..Bravo...

Yep, take away the free throws and Harden is just a good player. I don't really agree with TS% lumping in free throws because I think it's slightly misleading. The problem with being reliant on your ability to draw FTs is that it puts you at the mercy of the refs- last years the refs decided not to make as many calls for Harden as they did in the regular season, this year they have decided they will. Still its an effective way to score if the refs aren't on some sort of agenda.

dk7th
USA
4/29/2015  10:55 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

checkmate

dialogue implies an exchange of ideas. As you have zero BB knowledge and even less understanding of athletic competition Ill pass. Your best off sticking to your skill set... blaming Melo for your life's misery and pining for TFK's return. Cheers

your calling me ignorant in these matters-- i can think of no higher praise. skål!

I could see Aldridge coming here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy