Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/28/2015  1:25 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:and yet another weak shooting game for LA. We can't blame lilliard for this one

LA is still injured- you try shooting with torn wrist ligaments

geeeez ... no excuses! And, it does not make a good enough excuse for his career.

and, if your wrist hurts then stop shooting long stupid shots.

That's what I was thinking. If your hand hurts, maybe you should sit down.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/28/2015  1:28 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:and yet another weak shooting game for LA. We can't blame lilliard for this one

geeeez ... no excuses! And, it does not make a good enough excuse for his career.

thats like taking 30 shots and hitting 5 of them and blaming a torn labrum (that you knew about).

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/28/2015  2:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

thats like taking 30 shots and hitting 5 of them and blaming a torn labrum (that you knew about).

Yea and try for shots around the basket.

Are you referring to melo when he had a bum shoulder in the playoffs but it didn't stop him from hoisting 30 bad shots a night?

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/28/2015  2:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Are you referring to melo when he had a bum shoulder in the playoffs but it didn't stop him from hoisting 30 bad shots a night?

Maybe you prefer Jason Kidd, your MVP to hoist those shots...

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/28/2015  2:59 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Because taking it inside with a torn wrist makes sense? Do you really think the blazers would have a better chance if he sat out? He's gutting it out like Melo did- not playing well but blazers have more of a chance with him playing, same as we did with Melo. Shows commitment and heart, which some of us value as much as you do efficiency

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/28/2015  3:45 PM
No props for a guy playing hurt?
They make the playoffs often and now we got him "Melonized"?

Look at stats or look at his game?

Aldridge would be fine here at the 4, but paired at the 5 is key. Chemistry.

Looks like the genious's here have pegged Towns a future god, while Oka4 a offensive player only.
Need more Youtube scouting highlights with proper angry urban rap music before I can decide.

mreinman

4/28/2015  5:02 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

yes. and when he played hurt before the all star game.

if you can't shoot cause you are hurt then don't shoot.

mreinman

4/28/2015  5:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Because taking it inside with a torn wrist makes sense? Do you really think the blazers would have a better chance if he sat out? He's gutting it out like Melo did- not playing well but blazers have more of a chance with him playing, same as we did with Melo. Shows commitment and heart, which some of us value as much as you do efficiency

too often bad shot selection is excused by many as the player being hurt, gutting it out, etc ...

hit the open man

take smart shots

players who take questionable shots take them if they are hurt or not.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/28/2015  5:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

too often bad shot selection is excused by many as the player being hurt, gutting it out, etc ...

hit the open man

take smart shots

players who take questionable shots take them if they are hurt or not.

True. That said, if they are ever going to question themselves in taking questionable shots, you would think they would do it when it hurts.

This is the Randle.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/28/2015  6:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

he does not have a complete game. his game has big holes holes, too big to gloss over. so he can't do other things to make up for bad shooting. like defense. like setting up teammates with crisp pocket passing. eerily similar to melo.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

4/28/2015  7:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2015  7:23 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

he does not have a complete game. his game has big holes holes, too big to gloss over. so he can't do other things to make up for bad shooting. like defense. like setting up teammates with crisp pocket passing. eerily similar to melo.

What is he a PG or a PF??..He defense is adequate..And nobody's game is perfect..

dk7th
USA
4/28/2015  10:17 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

What is he a PG or a PF??..He defense is adequate..And nobody's game is perfect..

every player worth a damn and regardless of position should be able to make plays for others when necessary, not just be finishers or one on one guys. if he were more versatile he would find opportunities for others but as it is he has upped his fga every season the last 3 or 4 years. that is a negative trend. over time veterans worth a damn tighten up their games, not loosen their games.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

4/28/2015  10:22 PM
at least he does not shoot lots of boring foul shots.

long jump shots on the other hand are really really exciting and old school which gets me going

dk7th
USA
4/28/2015  10:24 PM
mreinman wrote:at least he does not shoot lots of boring foul shots.

long jump shots on the other hand are really really exciting and old school which gets me going

did you see the stat at halftime where they pointed out that harden is seond all time in fta for a season?

guess who was first moses frickin malone!!! i suppose we can infer that holfresh must have loathed malone's game.

mreinman

4/28/2015  10:37 PM
dk7th wrote:

did you see the stat at halftime where they pointed out that harden is seond all time in fta for a season?

guess who was first moses frickin malone!!! i suppose we can infer that holfresh must have loathed malone's game.

ugh malone! brutally boring and he was also a notorious flopper.

James Harden is playing like a real superstar and he is still young and improving. Some great defensive plays tonight too.

And if houston loses and Harden misses many stupid shots then we can blame an injury or houston's sh1tty offensive help

holfresh

4/28/2015  10:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/28/2015  10:40 PM
dk7th wrote:

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, but somehow I don't like fops has become I don't like FTs..when have I said otherwise??

mreinman

4/28/2015  10:38 PM
Aminu playing some good defense on Harden
dk7th
USA
4/28/2015  10:40 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, when have I said otherwise??

never mind the flops, what about the concept of scoring by taking free throws???? that was also a main beef of yours.

mreinman

4/28/2015  10:42 PM
huge huge shot by harden

Prigs is playing really well

holfresh

4/28/2015  10:46 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

If u were honest men, you and mreinman wouldn't twist my comments to suit your rhetoric..U would man up..I have stated time and time again I don't like the flops, when have I said otherwise??

never mind the flops, what about the concept of scoring by taking free throws???? that was also a main beef of yours.

Find it..where is it a beef of mine..Please provide the link!!

I could see Aldridge coming here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy