Member: #3189

12/7/2015  11:32 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It's early in his time here. Rather than labeling it a bust, it makes more sense to try to figure out how to get his offensive efficiency back to his career #s.

all of our bigs have taken a monster efficiency hit from prev years or career avg's.

Yeah, it might be more accurate to re-word Briggs statement: The triangle system has been a bust for Lopez.

Phil thought the triangle would improve Lopez offensive game, to go with his solid rim protection defense. He also didn't think KP was ready to be our starting center and already had the rim protection skills as a 2 way player. The question is when will Phil admit his fault and force Fisher to make a change. Or will he let his stubbornness get in the way of a potential playoff team.

With Phil as the coach, this roster would be a contender.

you are so damn clueless sometimes ... this is your problem. You think that we are a contender being held back by our coach.

You probably overestimated badly the number of wins that we would have.

I actually don't think fisher can coach this team to win more then 25 games. We won games, because Carmelo, Aflalo,and KP click at the same time. We are competitive when they are hitting shots. He sure as hell has tried his darnest to lose many of the games we've won thus far

and you thought that fisher was a terrible coach because he did not give THJ playing time since THJ was a can't miss.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

12/7/2015  11:35 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:It's early in his time here. Rather than labeling it a bust, it makes more sense to try to figure out how to get his offensive efficiency back to his career #s.

all of our bigs have taken a monster efficiency hit from prev years or career avg's.

Yeah, it might be more accurate to re-word Briggs statement: The triangle system has been a bust for Lopez.

Phil thought the triangle would improve Lopez offensive game, to go with his solid rim protection defense. He also didn't think KP was ready to be our starting center and already had the rim protection skills as a 2 way player. The question is when will Phil admit his fault and force Fisher to make a change. Or will he let his stubbornness get in the way of a potential playoff team.

you are so damn clueless sometimes ... this is your problem. You think that we are a contender being held back by our coach.

I actually don't think fisher can coach this team to win more then 25 games. We won games, because Carmelo, Aflalo,and KP click at the same time. We are competitive when they are hitting shots. He sure as hell has tried his darnest to lose many of the games we've won thus far

and you thought that fisher was a terrible coach because he did not give THJ playing time since THJ was a can't miss.

THJ was the only decent young we had on the roster. Last year, this team was not good enough to play in the D-League. I wanted to see if THJ was good enough to be a player we should invest in. He proved to be a low-IQ, trigger happy dude

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1

12/7/2015  11:37 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

THJ was the only decent young we had on the roster. Last year, this team was not good enough to play in the D-League. I wanted to see if THJ was good enough to be a player we should invest in. He proved to be a low-IQ, trigger happy dude

he proved that fans should never be calling shots as if they know that a coach is wrong and that they are right.

you seem like a really good fan but very young, emotional, and close minded.

Knicks1969

12/7/2015  11:39 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

he proved that fans should never be calling shots as if they know that a coach is wrong and that they are right.

Nah dude, I am it as young as you think. I have a lot of mileages in me brother. Fisher is just not good enough to coach a highschool team.

mreinman

12/7/2015  11:42 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Nah dude, I am it as young as you think. I have a lot of mileages in me brother. Fisher is just not good enough to coach a highschool team.

ok ... what else you got? Can you post about other things other than a billion fisher sucks posts? I am not a big fisher guy but give it a rest!

Knicks1969

12/7/2015  11:50 PM
Until he is replaced, I will continue to criticize this dude. I want Walton or Jackson to coach this group
mreinman

12/7/2015  11:55 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Until he is replaced, I will continue to criticize this dude. I want Walton or Jackson to coach this group

just put it in your sig and move on.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
12/7/2015  11:56 PM
Knicks1969 wrote:Until he is replaced, I will continue to criticize this dude. I want Walton or Jackson to coach this group

what personal experience or study of the game compels you to arrive at this assessment? if you don't have any then your desire is based on emotions and irrationality.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Knicks1969

12/8/2015  12:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2015  12:14 AM
dk7th wrote:

what personal experience or study of the game compels you to arrive at this assessment? if you don't have any then your desire is based on emotions and irrationality.

When your overall record is just 26 wins and 77 losses, you don't deserve to retain your job. I would be patient with this dude if he showed that could at least use the strength of the team to his advantage, but that is not the case. It is what it is; 26 wins and 77 losses is a horrendous record for a coach.

Kevin McHale and Mark Jackson were fired after marching their teams to a deep playoff run.

mreinman

12/8/2015  12:17 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:
dk7th wrote:

When your overall record is just 26 wins and 77 losses, you don't deserve to retain your job. I would be patient with this dude if he showed that could at least use the strength of the team to his advantage, but that is not the case. It is what it is; 26 wins and 77 losses is a horrendous record for a coach.

Kevin McHale and Mark Jackson were fired after marching their teams to a deep playoff run.

and that helps your argument?

who cares about wins and losses right now? Its not relevent.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/9/2015  10:10 PM
Can I regurgitate watching this guy get beat repeatedly on defense cant grab a ****ing rebound for his life and the only basket he made was a cherry pick.

This guy is the future of the team?

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/11/2015  1:15 AM
How can anyone deny this?
RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

12/11/2015  1:18 AM
BRIGGS wrote:How can anyone deny this?

can you also bump your Amundson should be the first big off the bench thread?

Or that Dwil needs to play 26 minutes?

How about telling us what you think is wrong with Rolo in this offense?

We know rolo looks terrible. Duh

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/11/2015  1:27 AM
Rolo is not a triangle center. He looks terrible lately.
¿ △ ?
mreinman

12/11/2015  1:45 AM
crzymdups wrote:Rolo is not a triangle center. He looks terrible lately.

yes ... but briggs don't address that. briggs bumps me threads to be chest poundy

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/11/2015  1:52 AM
mreinman wrote:

yes ... but briggs don't address that. briggs bumps me threads to be chest poundy

I was screaming at ROLO tonight. He was terrible. This was a worthy bump. He needs to be benched.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

12/11/2015  1:55 AM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I was screaming at ROLO tonight. He was terrible. This was a worthy bump. He needs to be benched.

He does but he is completely out of whak.

The bump is kind of childish.

How many posters keep bumping their own threads but of course don't bump the 99 pct that are flops?

Briggs did not predict that Rolo would play this way in the triangle, he said pretty much that this is what he was last season. That is plain stupid.

Caseloads
Member: #41
12/11/2015  3:08 AM
this is true Briggs. Dirk said it best - the knicks best line up is with KP at the 5, Melo at 4, lance at 3, afflalo at 2 and LG (shudder) at 1.

our problem is based on me watching from the court tonight:

KP is too tall and too thin/lanky

knicks best offense is still ISO MELO - VERY SAD, BUT TRUE

no post game (ROLO is LOST on offense when he gets the ball)

Afflalo is just old - his best days are behind him. He doesn't have young legs and doesn't get lift on his jumper and that is the reason / one of the reasons we lost tonight

LG can't hit a jump shot

Calderon can't defend.

We don't get foul calls

We don't get steals

basically we have no defenders and no offensive players (other than melo), and no athletic players. also the players are not engaged (Fisher's fault). There was no real "coaching" in the game. Standing on the sidelines is not coaching.

we are screwed.

PS - MELO does get hacked and does not get calls. The refs are against the knicks, which is sad, but true. Pulling, tugging, etc on the knicks and no calls.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/11/2015  9:16 AM
Caseloads wrote:this is true Briggs. Dirk said it best - the knicks best line up is with KP at the 5, Melo at 4, lance at 3, afflalo at 2 and LG (shudder) at 1.

our problem is based on me watching from the court tonight:

KP is too tall and too thin/lanky

knicks best offense is still ISO MELO - VERY SAD, BUT TRUE

no post game (ROLO is LOST on offense when he gets the ball)

Afflalo is just old - his best days are behind him. He doesn't have young legs and doesn't get lift on his jumper and that is the reason / one of the reasons we lost tonight

LG can't hit a jump shot

Calderon can't defend.

We don't get foul calls

We don't get steals

basically we have no defenders and no offensive players (other than melo), and no athletic players. also the players are not engaged (Fisher's fault). There was no real "coaching" in the game. Standing on the sidelines is not coaching.

we are screwed.

PS - MELO does get hacked and does not get calls. The refs are against the knicks, which is sad, but true. Pulling, tugging, etc on the knicks and no calls.

Sooooooo.....Tell us how you really feel. lol

I can't argue with anything you said. I just hope all the Fisher haters are reading your post. It sounds like more roster problems than coaching problems. Some coaches have a mild manor on the sideline, which doesn't mean they are bad coaches. Not giving Fisher a pass, but to me, if we had a solid roster, even a local fan can coach a game. The real coaching is done in the locker room, half time, post game, practices.....And none of us are there to witness. But Phil and company should know better than us, how Fisher's coaching performance has been.

Meanwhile, you've pointed out 95% of the roster issues that some of us doesn't seem to understand. We only look good on paper....On the court, we have too many holes to fill in 1 year.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/11/2015  9:19 AM
Once again the player that was getting beat all night was Prozingis because he wasn't put in position to succeed. The Knicks needed to go KP at center ASAP. Fisher did nothing in this game to help KP he should have been punishing Omri Casappi on the offense or he should have gone to LT to guard Cassappi.
Robin Lopez is a back up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy