yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:iggy well deserves

crowd does not seem happy

how stupid people can be

They are in Cleveland and Lebron had an all around offensive series that maybe one of the best ever.

SO they wanted to Lebron to win it?

The crowd left were a lot of GS fans

I think there were a lot of cleveland fans that wanted to see Lebron get a consolation prize.

On another note, do the Cavs fire Blatt? They wouldn't do that right?

you kidding?

they should give him a 30 year deal.

I wouldn't I am just wondering about him and Lebron James relationship. There has been talk all year about the tension between the two.

eh ... same with year one in miami.

Very true but Lebron wasn't the king in Miami, Riley was and there were tension between Bron and him too. Wade was also there vouching for Spoelstra, who is going to vouch for Blatt?

It might be a no issue but you never know. Tyrone Lou could slide over and I bet the players won't say a word.

Tyrone lue looks terrible in his pants ... wierd build and wierd walk.

Blatt to Lebron was like woody to melo. Give them the ball and let them do whatever the hell that they want.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

6/17/2015  12:38 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:Winslow could be Iggy..

Maybe, I just would have like to have seen him handle the ball more in college. That is a tall task to live up to defensively.

Yeah well he just turned 19 in Mar..

holfresh

6/17/2015  12:40 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:Winslow could be Iggy..

dont think that he is any where close to the athlete that iggy is.

The intangibles during the NCAA tourney were impressive along with his defense..

Clean
Member: #743
6/17/2015  12:45 AM
Clean wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:Blatt made a few mistakes tonight ..Moz need floor time..Della should not be the orchestrator at the top of the key..He needs to be a catch and shoot guy..JR was on the bench too long..came back in the game at 6:47 in the 4th..

Delly should play D and wait for the 3, but nobody else on that team seems to have the desire to handle the ball when James is not doing it.

Well they haven't been doing it all year..Shump could bring up the ball..

Anyone can see that he is totally afraid to assert himself. He was hesitant to shoot from deep, and to take it to the hole, and when he did penetrate he looked horrible for the most part.

Hit a few jumpers, but sadly, his confidence was shot, yesterday, and for much of this series.

Does not hurt his D, but the Cavs really needed another ball handler. Delly has the guts but not the physical talent/skills to run things well while James is out. If Shumpert had Delly's guts, he would be a great player, but even then, you wonder about how he has fine tuned his game when he looks like I would look driving to the basket.

Shump seems to fall apart on the way to the rim..It's baffling..To me, Della is not an option, you lose his spot up shooting and he tries to post and go one on one which is just insane, it's a turnover..

Delly is a side dish...you ask him to be too large a part of the meal and he gets exposed, although his D on Curry was pretty wonderful at times.

Yup- Shumpert is a complete puzzle, and arguably the most frustrating Knick I've rooted for in recent years. He should be a Bruce Bowen/Danny Green type of contributor, but you just can't depend on him for consistency on the offensive end in a series where each possession counts.

I agree, I said this in another thread before the finals started. Shump and JR are good at being the 4th and 5th option. Their inconsistencies does not hurt the team then. You can not rely on them to be the 2nd and 3rd option like they were on the Knicks and they are now. JR is as streaky as they come and he makes too many bonehead mistakes at the worst possible time. Shump has to have the worst open layup miss percentage in the league. He can only shoot wide open 3's with any kind of consistency.

It was brought to my attention that Shump shot 11% on layups in the finals. I knew Shump was bad at Layups but I did not know he was this bad.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/17/2015  12:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2015  1:32 AM
If Blatt is fired, he might end up on GS, because Gentry is leaving to be a HC, and Blatt was going to coach with Kerr until the call from the Cavs.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

6/17/2015  1:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2015  1:22 AM
I mean, not for nothing, Cleveland gave them all they could handle without Kyre and Love..2 all stars..Also Varejo..
holfresh

6/17/2015  1:30 AM
Cleveland needs a pass first PG..
holfresh

6/17/2015  1:37 AM
These commentators talking about feeling sorry for Bron..Stop it!!
holfresh

6/17/2015  2:18 AM
Lin might be a good option for Cleveland if they could convince him that he isn't taking the last shot..
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
6/17/2015  2:18 AM
I haven't been following Blatt's future but, for the most part, I think his coaching of Cleveland most of the year and throughout the playoffs was very solid. GS would be very smart to pick up Blatt if Cleveland dumps him.

Iggy! I still think Lebron was the best player on the court throughout the GS series (and Draymond Green and Curry tied for the GS MVP in the series before the final) but Iggy more or less deserves it. That was easily the best stretch of basketball I've seen Iggy play and while I can imagine GS beating Cleveland without Curry, I can't see them beating Cleveland in this series without Iggy.

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
6/17/2015  2:21 AM
"Cleveland needs a pass first PG . . . "

That may be true but Irving, before he was injured again, was very very good.

holfresh

6/17/2015  2:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2015  2:28 AM
NumberTwoPencil wrote:"Cleveland needs a pass first PG . . . "

That may be true but Irving, before he was injured again, was very very good.

The thing with Cleveland is that either LeBron or Kyre has to be on the court at all times..Kyre isn't a pass first PG..He is a scorer..So how do you ease the load off LeBron while getting Love Moz and JR involved?..Bron has also lost a few steps..He needs to stop trying to break down guys to score..

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/17/2015  3:26 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
holfresh wrote:I mean, not for nothing, Cleveland gave them all they could handle without Kyre and Love..2 all stars..Also Varejo..

I've said this before but LBJ gets to decide who plays with him. And this is a major problem.

Because LeBron James the player always has to work three times as hard to compensate for LeBron James the really lousy de facto GM of these teams.

LBJ is a rare point power forward. So what does he do? He decides to keep playing along a ball dominant point guard with iffy defense and spotty health record. Then he trades Wiggins, who would have been easily a major difference maker in this series, for Love, who is a no defense PF gunner.

Then he gets the Cavs to blow money on his buddy Mike Miller and his long time bud Sideshow Varejao, instead of spending it on players who can help him.

The first run with the Cavs, poor team construction based on giving in to LBJ's whims ( Danny Ferry has acquitted himself pretty well with the Hawks considering he was able to get away from defacto LBJ) Then the Heat, more poor team construction based on LBJ's whims. then this version of the Cavs, more poor construction because of LBJ.

Without Irving and Love, the Cavs could actually put some real defenders out there. It's a team with a lot of talent but with a very poor fit.

Andrew Wiggins would have turned the tide of this series. He is already an elite defender and he would have locked down more of that Golden State offense. Also he could have eased the scoring burden on LBJ.

Ironically, the Warriors walked past a Kevin Love trade because they didn't want to give up defense in Klay Thompson for a no defense PF in Love.

Amusing how the media wants to portray LBJ as this gunslinger who was fighting his way out of a corner when his own choices got him stuck in that corner in the first place.

Have not seen enough of Wiggins this year, but an interesting theory. Love did help to spread things out a bit, and Irving would have taken a lot of offensive pressure off James.

Always a tradeoff with players- not always easy to get a player who is great on both ends.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Stevo718
Member: #559
6/17/2015  6:24 AM
Without Kyrie and Love this series was over after game 4. It was really LeBron all by himself and as much as I hate LeBron, for him to take his team to 6 games says something about his skills. I mean really it was like LeBron on 5.

Insert Kyrie and Love and the series goes 7 either way.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/17/2015  6:43 AM
holfresh wrote:Lin might be a good option for Cleveland if they could convince him that he isn't taking the last shot..
He might be but if he ends up behind Della while Kyrie is out does it mess up his head?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/17/2015  9:11 AM
Everytime I watch Shumpert, I always imagined how good he would be if he could finish. I think we just saw the upside and downside of Justice Winslow. Upside is Iggy and his downside is Shump.
The Future is Bright!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/17/2015  9:41 AM
holfresh wrote:Lin might be a good option for Cleveland if they could convince him that he isn't taking the last shot..

I actually was thinking the same thing.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/17/2015  10:23 AM
Lin would never have the ball in Cleveland. A pass 1st PG is a waste with Lebron because he would never have the ball
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/17/2015  10:59 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Have not seen enough of Wiggins this year, but an interesting theory. Love did help to spread things out a bit, and Irving would have taken a lot of offensive pressure off James.

Always a tradeoff with players- not always easy to get a player who is great on both ends.

Let's try this, for example.

Remove the Cavs bizarre trades for Luol Deng and Spencer Hawes, which cost them three valuable draft picks in an ill fated attempt to make the playoffs the year before LBJ came back.

IF LBJ had simply committed to Cleveland early in free agency and was willing to leave money on the table ( Sadly, seeing some of the press at the time, he equated the amount of money he makes to how much respect he gets ) , then the Cavs could have kept another draft asset and kept Sergey Karasev and Tyler Zeller, two former first rounders, young guys with upside and nice pedigree, they might not be stars, but they might have been far more useful than old roster churn like James Jones and Shawn Marion.

Trading Wiggins ending up being a triple hit. First, Wiggins, plus Bennett, were young rookies on COST CONTROLLED CONTRACTS. They would have gotten elite play out of Wiggins, plus his prime, plus him outperforming his contract over and over exponentially for years. Instead, they traded him for the lesser defender but, in theory, the better scorer, who would need a massive contract extension to justify the move. It was adding a poor fit, far less defense and avoided the issue that LBJ needed help on the defensive perimeter ( hence the Shumpert trade) That's the three hits, they lose the value of Wiggins and a superior fit, they add a poor fit and a massive amount of cap flexibility and they had to spend more valuable assets to replace Wiggins with a lesser situation ( Shumpert) to make up for the defensive issues.

LBJ, as de facto GM of the Cavs, could have still made a deal for Mozgov, never spent money on Varejao ( that's like burning money) and feeding his old buddy Mike Miller ( totally shot at this point) and never had to spend what will be soon a massive extension for Love ( or risk him leaving)

The Cavs could have then traded Irving ( simply cannot have another ball dominant player fit with LBJ) and maybe Waiters for other assets.

The Cavs could have been LBJ, Wiggins, all those draft picks back, and massive cap space plus Mozgov, Zeller and Karasev and what is now Delladova and whatever return they could have gotten on trading Irving, Waiters and maybe Thompson.

The Cavs could have picked up a Jimmy Butler or a DeMarre Carroll in free agency plus all the assets they didn't burn, maybe they grab a nice young rookie in this draft too.

Instead, now he's on a team that's stuck. They gave up a lot for Mozgov and Love, so they have to extend them. Varejao and Miller are dead weight. And over time, injury and poor fit will slowly erode Irvings' overall trade value.

LBJ could have won this year's ring and the next four. But he's a lousy GM.

Thats a good post. Its so true--when the players act as de facto GM its almost always they get it wrong. I said the Wiggins trade would backfire on him--look back on this site to how many fans thought it was a good trade. It was AWFUL just moronic traded the number 1 pick +++ for K Love who is hurt every year has padded stats and looks like he did not get along with his teammates same as Minny?

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/17/2015  11:03 AM
11 total people vote for the official finals MVP? WTF! I thought that was considered a serious award.
THE 2015 NBA playoff thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy